• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

F35 down

Allflapnofly

Corporal
I’m sure there’s a topic on here, by the way the £100m isn’t 3 weeks worth of NHS expenditure, it’s nearer what it costs for about 36 hours this past year, extra costs due to Covid.

Back on topic…..

There’s a video out now of the incident, on twitter, looks like someone’s run the video and filmed it on their phone, probably still traceable.
Yep, it looks like someone's for the high jump.... (unlike that F35's attempt).....

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
It was going very slowly at the time of the ejection, certainly not fast enough to get to or maintain flight.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
when whoever leaked that video is found it will be a major career caption.

Usual way isnt it - go after the leaker of a video rather than those who actually caused £100m worth of damage.

I seem to recall a witch hunt when a Harrier burst into flames on landing in Kandahar and a video was quickly circulating, although as it was a multinational air base, said witch hunt didnt have much jurisdiction.

The pilot was ok and went on to bigger and better things, and I dare say so will the pilot who ditched the F35.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
From the video they will work out where he/she had to be stood to film that angle of shot on their phone or other device. The net will close on the individual. But yes what caused Millions of taxpayers £'s to fall into the ocean should be a far bigger concern to management than who filmed it. As a byproduct the film might also give them an endlessly re-viewable set of pictures as to what actually happened.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
From the video they will work out where he/she had to be stood to film that angle of shot on their phone or other device. The net will close on the individual. But yes what caused Millions of taxpayers £'s to fall into the ocean should be a far bigger concern to management than who filmed it. As a byproduct the film might also give them an endlessly re-viewable set of pictures as to what actually happened.
The on-line video is clearly someone re-filming a replay of the incident as seen by on-board CCTV, so the incident video footage is (should be) already available in better quality to the Inquiry. The question is why was that footage not impounded immediately & why was it available to anyone on-board to review (& film & leak) prior to the inquiry?

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
The Vid actually shows the parachute catching on the structure of the ship!!
I'm going to bet that the poor jockey never thought he had that much pooh in him? He must've done it going up the ramp and then again while swinging in front of it on some thin paracord lines....
There's going to be a few "hats-off, no coffee" chats v.soon!

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I saw the pp area hooked on the ramp and wondered how close he was to the oggin, The QE doesn't stop on a 6d so anyone with feet in the water at that point must be in danger of being run over...

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
Probably digital, guessing that they didn’t spec a VHS security system.
Faye had her I phone on duty. that is naughty! Dirty Faye and her I pod, i Phone I Ran thingy. Swiss Cheese accident with the lack of basics. Do a maintence action. Record it. Open entry. We do that shit with civvy airliners, Fit blanks, record they ar as an open entry. Pilots are not clever. As proven. Nor ar Matelots. Nor are any of us. I broke a towbar due to a distraction recently.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Faye had her I phone on duty. that is naughty! Dirty Faye and her I pod, i Phone I Ran thingy. Swiss Cheese accident with the lack of basics. Do a maintence action. Record it. Open entry. We do that shit with civvy airliners, Fit blanks, record they ar as an open entry. Pilots are not clever. As proven. Nor ar Matelots. Nor are any of us. I broke a towbar due to a distraction recently.
SPEAK FOR YERSELF ;) !!!

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
The question is why was that footage not impounded immediately & why was it available to anyone on-board to review (& film & leak) prior to the inquiry?

Of course, and not being judgemental at all but, it may even have been quite a senior officer, officially 'reviewing' the CCTV, that could have sent it to his mates, too! Idiocy goes all the way up the line...but publicised penalisation stops somewhere along it.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Case closed Ladies/Gents/LGBTQIZABCDE....ZWHATEVER!!! Nothing more to see here!! ....Said every Senior Officer ever during a cover-up for gross incompetence ever!!!!!

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The article states that a male member of crew has been arrested and has now been flown back to the UK. Then in an award winning stating the freaking obvious moment says "this could potentially impact someone’s career".

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Would not be surprised if the THICKO that has been returned to the UK is acting confused trying to figure out what he has done wrong!!!!

EDIT: Hope he remembered to bring his i-POD back with him to the UK!!! Could be an even more major incident otherwise.