• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

F35 down

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

4mastacker

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
What was that plume rising into the air quite close to the ship after the jet went into the water?

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Well, I have to say that I’m IMPRESSED!
Any tin plane would have completely broken up on an impact like that - they definitely would not have bounced like that!
The jockey may have screwed up and got injured, but that massive structure has probably saved his bacon like he was crashing an F1 at Nuremberg.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Meanwhile in the USA an Ensign and four chiefs charged for leaking F-35 crash video from the aircraft carrier Carl Vinson.
So "A Navy officer and four senior enlisted leaders are facing non-judicial punishment "

Quite wide ranging non judicial punishment in the US Navy a decent "shopping" list for the authorities to pick from.

"The punishments meted out for an NJP offense are limited to confinement on diminished rations, restriction to certain specified areas, such as not being allowed to leave a ship or base, arrest in quarters, correctional custody, extra duties, forfeiture of pay, detention of pay and reduction in grade."

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It happened like this guv'nr. In his own words

"I tried for emergency power - that didn't work, then I tried to slap on the brakes - that didn't work either… so I kind of knew it was going to roll off the ship."

Cornish_Pikey

Sergeant
Impressed that multiple personnel missed removing of the blank. Back in the early 90s we had to lay the blanks/bungs/locks out for the crew to count before we put them away in the stowage bag and stashed them on board the aircraft.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Impressed that multiple personnel missed removing of the blank. Back in the early 90s we had to lay the blanks/bungs/locks out for the crew to count before we put them away in the stowage bag and stashed them on board the aircraft.

I don't know which aircraft you worked on but in my time if we stowed the bungs and blanks inside the aircraft there wouldn't be any remaining room for fuel and weapons.

Cornish_Pikey

Sergeant
I don't know which aircraft you worked on but in my time if we stowed the bungs and blanks inside the aircraft there wouldn't be any remaining room for fuel and weapons.
Bigger ones than you obviously. Our crews used to take golf clubs and all sorts of contraband all over.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
No space to do that on a crowded flight deck though...

Jockey needs a slap. There was a bung in one of your intakes mate. Cough…walkaround? Cough…

…and another thing.

This warship documentary thing is a fucking embarrassment.

Vushtrri

Sergeant
Jockey needs a slap. There was a bung in one of your intakes mate. Cough…walkaround? Cough…

…and another thing.

Couldn’t agree more.
I’m all for changes over the years as they become necessary. No problem with Wrens on board, different forms of headress for different faiths etc…even vegans and atheists if they don’t force their views on others! …I’m all for traditions and ceremonies such as crossing the line/ equator etc but last weeks showing of such was an embarrassment along with other incidents shown throughout the series.
Whoever decided that the gobby twat working in the mess put forward a good representation of the Navy needs his arse kicking..lo and behold he’s now left the Navy due to his affinity to drugs. I wonder if the Jenny Wren who was professing her undying love for him has much of a career ahead of her?

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

…and another thing.

Not a current F35 operator but I have been told that the blank in question is very easy to miss.....?