• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

F35 down

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You have an EASA AML? Did you transfer to another NAA?

Because the aircraft are not owned by the RAF. Does a non licenced EngO have shout on the deferment of a snag over the LAE? Tell me the differences. I deferred an Autopilot system with the additional CAT II degrade and Non RVSM last Sunday. Lots of writing.
Are EngO's out of work, yes or no?

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Are EngO's out of work, yes or no?
Given that the A330 is a civil type and TCDS (with mods for A-A refuelling, etc) the methods of deferring snags would be through an MEL which sort of bypasses a SENGO authority except if they are placed in the AT Maintenance Control or CAMO where they could have some ‘agreement/approval’ decisions…

Rigga

1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Those that converted to EASA 66 before January 20 are now entitled to apply for a UK 66 as well - similar to having an FAA A&P in UK.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Given that the A330 is a civil type and TCDS (with mods for A-A refuelling, etc) the methods of deferring snags would be through an MEL which sort of bypasses a SENGO authority except if they are placed in the AT Maintenance Control or CAMO where they could have some ‘agreement/approval’ decisions…
Yes. I have experience of working in a Civil owned, Mil operated aircraft but the point I was making ( to answer Cat Techie) is are EngO's redundant or not? I say not.

Rigga

1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Yes. I have experience of working in a Civil owned, Mil operated aircraft but the point I was making ( to answer Cat Techie) is are EngO's redundant or not? I say not.
I would agree, but their role is probably only supported by specifying that procedures to go through their positions prior to deferring a snag down the line.

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
Those that converted to EASA 66 before January 20 are now entitled to apply for a UK 66 as well - similar to having an FAA A&P in UK.
Indeed they do. My licence has just been renewed and is CAA Part 66. Sod all use anywhere else now.

Rigga

1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Indeed they do. My licence has just been renewed and is CAA Part 66. Sod all use anywhere else now.
I suggest that your UK Licence is valid everywhere but EASA land - not because of EASA rules but due to political obstruction.

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
I suggest that your UK Licence is valid everywhere but EASA land - not because of EASA rules but due to political obstruction.
Really? Obstruction from this side of the channel. I'll get my coat. You stick to your audits, You tell me where my licence is valid anywhere else. I think you would struggle.

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
They never will be. Managers never get rid of managers unless last resort in the military. Had that conversation at Cosford pre covid with the EngO training school manager. EngO's will always be in the ADD trail.

Rigga

1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Obstruction from this side of the channel.
No, not from this side. This side's govmint stuck to the agreement and allowed "equivalence of qualifications" in almost every trade and industry - the other side's govmint did not...Hence EASA 66 is valid over here but UK 66 is not valid over there - but is valid everywhere else!

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
No, not from this side. This side's govmint stuck to the agreement and allowed "equivalence of qualifications" in almost every trade and industry - the other side's govmint did not...Hence EASA 66 is valid over here but UK 66 is not valid over there - but is valid everywhere else!
You tell me where? You cannot answer that. Bar some third world country in Africa or Asia. The was no agreement. There is no agreement in anything. You lot put the knife into the British Civil Aviation Industry. Those that see it in real terms know that. Loss of contracts etc.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Anyone want to give Cat Techie their own ranting zone? I swear this isn't the first time they've pulled their tampon out, swung it round their head and hijacked a thread off topic towards bloody Brexit......😂👍

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
EngOs on voyager do not have reds and greens.

Also the crash vid is on twitter.
Cheers Downsizer. Thanks for the answer. The Ski Jump saved a life there. A video that should have been impounded as evidence being leaked. Captains log..

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
Anyone want to give Cat Techie their own ranting zone? I swear this isn't the first time they've pulled their tampon out, swung it round their head and hijacked a thread off topic towards bloody Brexit......😂👍
I will take every opportunity. However, was it a matelot that cost us 50P a head? That would have paid for the NHS for 3 weeks. Or the extra 100 F35Bs we will not get. I spoke to my two daughters that are newbie professionals in the NHS. The NHS is knackered at the moment. They are hugely in the deep end at the moment. One of my daughters was offered £ 1000 to cover outside her remit this weekend as her trust is so much in the shit. She as a professional to her limit rejected it. Other daughter is on probation period and overloaded without the supervision support he should have. All the NHS is like that at the moment. But we have Camerons Pig friendly PM with the incomptent fools selected by him.

Last edited:

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I’m sure there’s a topic on here, by the way the £100m isn’t 3 weeks worth of NHS expenditure, it’s nearer what it costs for about 36 hours this past year, extra costs due to Covid.

Back on topic…..

There’s a video out now of the incident, on twitter, looks like someone’s run the video and filmed it on their phone, probably still traceable.