• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Corona virus

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Using that BBC tool on 24/3/2020 I got - There are 3 confirmed cases in TB's postcode out of a local population of 177,799.

Today 29/3/2020 I get -There are 23 confirmed cases in TB's postcode out of a local population of 177,799.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
There is a fair bit of legal opinion that the police are over extending their powers reference stopping people driving to exercise/dog walk. I'll add I won't be the test case.... However the dog walking routes round here are now ridiculously busy and maintaining distance is getting stupid. I'd encounter far less people if I went were I usually do in the car.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
There is a fair bit of legal opinion that the police are over extending their powers reference stopping people driving to exercise/dog walk. I'll add I won't be the test case.... However the dog walking routes round here are now ridiculously busy and maintaining distance is getting stupid. I'd encounter far less people if I went were I usually do in the car.
I think most cops won’t care less about a little bit of driving, the news stories are there just to make a point, in my opinion people may have been pulled over for another reason, as long as you’re just popping to a localish walk nothing will be said at for now. Plenty of cars at my local park, I even managed to drive to Bethnal Green the other day without encountering a single road block, if only the roads could stay this quiet.

For me this time is all about minimising interaction and activity, which seems to be working, the police can cope with the odd bunch of inconsiderates, they can’t cope with everyone flouting the advice.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Reminds me of getting pulled over by the coppers during the miners strike coming back from Stafford to cosford. Got stopped at 2 in the morning at Gailey roundabout and asked where I was going. I told them where I was going and that was it. I asked why there was a road block and they said they where there to stop flying pickets on the way to featherstone colliery, just outside Wolverhampton.

The way I see it if you've got a good enough reason to be outside then it should not be a problem.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

I sent a message to our MP a couple of days ago...picking up on multiple reports of our cops stopping people in their cars, asking for their reasons for the journey (fair enough so far), asking to see the full shopping bags as proof (errrmmm ok) then criticising the content e.g. normal shop and a couple of bottles of wine 'are those items essential sir?' Few days ago someone in my locale alleged they had put a bag of bbq charcoal in the trolley with their normal shopping then got stopped and the same line of questioning on being stopped.

The cops have no experience of living like this...That you need to allow people some levels of normality if they want this lockdown to remain calm. We are into week 2 of what could be 12 weeks or more. Some really sensible thinking needs to occur with policing this before 'bother' occurs.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
The police only have the powers under the corvid19 bill to disperse gatherings and to arrest those with corvid19 symptoms.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
A lot of self policing seems to be occurring via social media. A new breed of person has quickly evolved on Facebook called the 'Is that essential?'

Every time someone posts something they are going to do at least one person adds that to the thread no matter what...Like I think I'll go shopping for some food or cut the grass in my garden...then off the thread descends into anarchy.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Add to that Vim the new set of ‘curtain twitchers’ who are reporting their neighbours to the police for perhaps taking a second period of exercise in one day. The Stasi would be delighted. The fact that the police in some areas have set up these kind of reporting centres is deeply disturbing.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Add to that Vim the new set of ‘curtain twitchers’ who are reporting their neighbours to the police for perhaps taking a second period of exercise in one day. The Stasi would be delighted. The fact that the police in some areas have set up these kind of reporting centres is deeply disturbing.

And this is the start of week 2...Of course some will settle into this way of life and as we approached the infection peak the likely scary/worrying news will chide many into behaving themselves but once we fall off that peak and start to see numbers reducing, that's when we'll see many peoples true colours.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
There doesn't seem to be any consistency in policing corvid19. Some forces are issuing fines straightaway and others are talking to people to see the errors of their ways.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Link........?
I’m off out for my government mandated hour long period of exercise but I’ll look out a wee list of those police forces who have opened these reporting lines if I make it back. I’m wearing a full ghillie suit so hopefully the police won’t see me.....

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
I couldn't believe Ninjarabbi's statement and wait till he gets back. However its true.

Would you also believe that I'm a handsome, muscular and sensitive individual? Humberside, West Midlands, Greater Manchester and Somerset police forces have also set up contact lines.

You'll be pleased to note that I made it back without being coughed on and found my local Tesco's stocked to the gunnels with food. Still no toilet paper though. Weird.

Of course, the police never had a chance....

You'll never see me copper!.jpg

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I’m off out for my government mandated hour long period of exercise but I’ll look out a wee list of those police forces who have opened these reporting lines if I make it back. I’m wearing a full ghillie suit so hopefully the police won’t see me.....
Just for Vim

Is that really essential?

GD on Wheels

Sergeant
Would you also believe that I'm a handsome, muscular and sensitive individual? Humberside, West Midlands, Greater Manchester and Somerset police forces have also set up contact lines.

You'll be pleased to note that I made it back without being coughed on and found my local Tesco's stocked to the gunnels with food. Still no toilet paper though. Weird.

Of course, the police never had a chance....

View attachment 1011497
Ghillie Suit! Looks more like the personal grooming has gone to rats already.

Allflapnofly

Corporal
KQYEXMH.jpg