• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Corona virus

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Only one i turned down was the anthrax one, at the time I was in a screened operational role and wasn’t going anywhere near the pointy end of anything,
I too turned down Anthrax. In our family history we have a few slaughtermen. They were prone to getting anthrax from I think pigs. There was so many strains around picking the right one for a vaccine would have been 'Vegas -lucky' so I figured I'd forgo the gamble.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Too much tin foil hat shizzle going around at the moment.
That might not be such a bad thing if the anti-vaxxers refuse the vaccine then we may witness some actual Darwinism in action. Plus if they refuse it's more doses to share around the rest of the population.

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
That might not be such a bad thing if the anti-vaxxers refuse the vaccine then we may witness some actual Darwinism in action. Plus if they refuse it's more doses to share around the rest of the population.
Works both ways.
Those who think a 10 mth instead of 10yr proving process to appease politicians may well be the poster boys for Darwinism.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Personally I would rather wait out. Vaccine for the very young and very vulnerable. No need to vaccinate the majority of the population who have been proven to be asymptomatic!

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I'm in for it. Too old and ugly to worry about side effects, unless they are really debilitating I wouldn't be able to pick them out of the blizzard of other things that make my life a misery...

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I'm in for it. Too old and ugly to worry about side effects, unless they are really debilitating I wouldn't be able to pick them out of the blizzard of other things that make my life a misery...
I'm of the same mind. I've spawned already so no concerns around birth defects in the future, I'm old enough to expect to live another 25-30 years realistically and if I don't, and quite honestly, what a ride its been, I have been exposed to numerous chemicals/fluids and gases in the RAF whose use is now banned for various medical/health reasons, my ex-colleagues have been dropping like flies recently (and only one of them older than me) and I have so many aches and pains from 'living my best life' that what's a few others to worry about?

Or we could stumble along like we are for another year or more...fcuk it lets crack on.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Interesting reaction by the stock market both times so far we've had a vaccine announcement. Just bought a few Babcock as, if the Oxford vaccine reports good efficacy, that's going to be a significant piece of news for the UK due to UK Gov bagging 100M doses.

Might as well make a little out of good news...should it arrive.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
FTSE doing well all things considered, I’m pleased I sold a big batch of shares in Feb, I’m no financial genius, just lucky.

Not ready to buy some replacements just yet.