• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Corona virus

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Ok chaps. Should we scared of a virus named after a crap 1970’s fizzy drink? I’ve seen some interesting videos on YouTube. Looks like the Chinese are taking things a little more seriously!

Anyone have a secondhand hazmat suit for sale?

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
The chances of anyone getting sick are a million to one they say, the chances of getting sick are a million to one but still they come.. H.G.Wells

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Perhaps this might tie into the prophecy of the impending end of the world (LINK)...

The Bible does after all state "‘And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake and the Sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the Moon became as blood and the stars of heaven fell unto Earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.’"

I think the sentiment expressed here sums up our current predicament

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
I’m hoping that they rename this Coronavirus as the ‘T’ virus like in Resident Evil. Yes please........

B718A693-E64B-42B8-9FB1-D30FD3B4331A.jpeg

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Apparently it has similar symptoms to man flu although it's obviously no where near as bad as full blown man flu. Strong drink, sky sports and chicken broth should see us through this latest crisis. If that fails I'm sure, guided by Saint Greta, the environmentalist tree huggers will have mixed a marvelous woodland potion to cure us all.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
I woke up feeling extremely ill and bright orange. Turned out I’ve got Tangovirus.........😁

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
A news article today states the ‘the hunt is on for people who flew out of Wuhan’. I have my shotgun at the ready. Anyone I see wearing a ‘I went to Wuhan and all I got was this lousy Coronavirus’ T-shirt is fair game.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
To everyone who really doesn’t fancy going into work tomorrow may I respectfully offer you what I will call the ‘Wuhan Defence’.

Contact your workplace after a nice long lie-in, apologise and state, “Terribly sorry, I was in Wuhan over the weekend and now I feel a little ‘sniffly’. What time do you want me in?”.

job done!

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Interesting story coming out of Japan. A bus driver has been diagnosed with Coronavirus despite having never been to China. Turns out that twice in January he had tourists from Wuhan on his bus.
Pulls respirator back on.....

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Hurrah! We have Coronavirus here in the U.K. Thank God! I thought we’d never get out of the starting blocks on this one. Prepare for the usual MSM catastrophic language. We’re all going to die!

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Hurrah! We have Coronavirus here in the U.K. Thank God! I thought we’d never get out of the starting blocks on this one. Prepare for the usual MSM catastrophic language. We’re all going to die!
Yep, it's being contained in a regime that can contain, so we've jumped in to spread it across the first world.
Well done pollies.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It might not be spreading as fast as the media would have you believe and people are recovering.

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Yep, it's being contained in a regime that can contain, so we've jumped in to spread it across the first world.
Well done pollies.
Passengers who flew into the UK on last night's China evacuation flight have been met by medics and bus drivers not wearing face masks despite concerns the evacuees might be infected with the contagious coronavirus.

Photos from the runway at RAF Brize Norton in Oxfordshire show paramedics, coach drivers and other staff greeting and even shaking hands with the passengers, who are on their way to be quarantined for two weeks.

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
Someone call me thick please here, if the problem there and can be contained but needs extra resources like when Ebola kicked off. Then why oh why bring back numbers of infected people who could quite recover quicker there. Aircraft are renowned for recycling air making you feel more ill to the saying "If a Dirty Bstrd Farts on a aircraft would anyone miss it. :unsure: