• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Corona virus

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
This interesting piece of work from 2007 describes the issue with horseshoe bats carrying disease as a ‘ticking time bomb’. Accurate wouldn’t you say?

8AD4BBE6-3A63-49EA-96B0-CEAE20C5F039.jpeg

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Lots of countries eat weird stuff for cultural reasons and sometimes out of necessity, in China they changed the laws a few years ago when people were starving and didn’t get around to changing them back, nothing to do with the exotic meat market being worth a few billions, bribes for officials and a society that believes in mumbo jumbo medicine.

These out breaks seem to be popping up every decade now, in one form or another, and as we are no where near the rest of the globe having the same food standards we expect in the UK, then it’s probably just something that needs to go on the risk register for the future.

There will be a Covid 19 vaccine before the end of the year, hopefully, but even with this there will be some people who will die from this virus each year, it’s out of the box now.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Seems like those who went away a couple of weeks ago on a fortnights holiday are now finding it hard to return.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I'm a member of many Facebook groups about visiting Cornwall...I use them to find trade for my interests down here. The amount of people on there that were saying 'I've got a caravan booked in Looe for a week and they won't give me a refund so I'm still coming...I can't afford to lose £400' was astounding. More astounding was the way locals infiltrated these groups and thoroughly vilified these these people. Currently we have camper vans parked all over in lay-bys. They have been kicked off campsites that finally have been forced to close but they are still intent on sticking around. The police, until legislation is passed tomorrow I think, are saying not much they can do about it...Its these that are likely to get a punch in the face from locals if shifting them on doesn't happen quickly.

Allflapnofly

Corporal
I'm a member of many Facebook groups about visiting Cornwall...I use them to find trade for my interests down here. The amount of people on there that were saying 'I've got a caravan booked in Looe for a week and they won't give me a refund so I'm still coming...I can't afford to lose £400' was astounding. More astounding was the way locals infiltrated these groups and thoroughly vilified these these people. Currently we have camper vans parked all over in lay-bys. They have been kicked off campsites that finally have been forced to close but they are still intent on sticking around. The police, until legislation is passed tomorrow I think, are saying not much they can do about it...Its these that are likely to get a punch in the face from locals if shifting them on doesn't happen quickly.
Fuggin' Emmets.....

Hot Shoes

Corporal
I work for a "world military superpower" here in East Anglia, they have sent most civvies home on base. There a few of us left in what are judged mission essential roles; half of me would like to be sat at home, the other half thinks life would become dull. I fear for all of us that day may come that we are on a "no movement"

At least the off licences have been graded as essential https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52033260

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
House at the back and another to the front have had bouncy castles since Monday. Music blaring kids from every where shouting. So much for just having your own kids in the garden.

Kryten

Warrant Officer

I agree - what's your view on this?

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I agree - what's your view on this?

So selfish. I mentioned in another post about neighbours having bouncy castles. Why aren't these kids getting home schooled. I know the answer but I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Another interesting point to ponder is how long people's wicks are? We were sent on deployments of a certain length. As [relatively] disciplined, conditioned and motivated people it was assessed that around 4 months was a suitable time to deploy (later extended to 6 months in some areas when we were short of people) before people started to get ragged around the edges.

Normal people aren't conditioned and clearly in some cases displaying signs of little discipline. This is week one of potentially 12 or longer...how long before a few start to crack that then encourages more, building into entire estates to push back on the rules...especially if the numbers on infections and fatalities are heading in the right direction? That is when you need the stick rather than the carrot...when it needs to be quashed as ruthlessly as the civvy ROE allows to act as an educational experience for onlookers.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I use to go shopping every day to got what we needed for the evening meal. It got me out the house for a bit. Now I've got to plan meals for the next few days and go out once a week. No treats for us.

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Yes, but who's gonna do it ?
There isn't enough police, even without them going off sick.
The army would fit in Wembley stadium.

This is the end game of decades of decisions. The morons out weigh the sensible; they've been out breeding us for years; where fuckwittery is celebrated.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Normal people aren't conditioned and clearly in some cases displaying signs of little discipline.

I do reckon my years in a blue suit are a bonus at this time. We are used to numerous rules and regs controlling our lives and accept that fact even begrudgingly. We follow orders even the stupid ones we don't agree with but we follow them whilst muttering about the hierarchy but follow them never the less. There is a self discipline attitude to service life that will serve us well in these times of restrictions, some of you will have had dry dets others periods when we were confined to camp, naughty folk will have tolerated 7 days jankers etc etc etc. Life in blue suit means at times putting up with cr@p at times and here we are

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I do reckon my years in a blue suit are a bonus at this time. We are used to numerous rules and regs controlling our lives and accept that fact even begrudgingly. We follow orders even the stupid ones we don't agree with but we follow them whilst muttering about the hierarchy but follow them never the less. There is a self discipline attitude to service life that will serve us well in these times of restrictions, some of you will have had dry dets others periods when we were confined to camp, naughty folk will have tolerated 7 days jankers etc etc etc. Life in blue suit means at times putting up with cr@p at times and here we are

I thought exactly the same thing...Its like being on a det in your own house. Restrictions on travel and a disrupted supply chain where you eat what you are issued or can scrounge up...just like old times.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
At least being in the field on exercise or on a detachment you had something to occupy yourself with.