• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Corona virus

Kryten

Warrant Officer
It still amazes me how even now, today, people are still ignoring the advice.

I went for a walk earlier as a break away from my laptop. All I did was walk to the end of my road and then back again.

In that short distance I passed a group of people - 4 or 5- stood having a conflab on a front lawn. Then three kids went passed on scooters in close formation, and then finally two runners side by side.

It makes me wonder how many people in this country have to die before the majority sit up and start taking notice.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I wonder who he would nominate for leader? The WHO have been active, as you would expect, in offering advice etc but i don't recall hearing much coming from the UN which is the closest to a supranational power that we currently have and could be a global co-ordinating body.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
I wonder who he would nominate for leader? The WHO have been active, as you would expect, in offering advice etc but i don't recall hearing much coming from the UN which is the closest to a supranational power that we currently have and could be a global co-ordinating body.
Jeremy Corbyn doesn't have anything to do right now..........

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
During the present crisis it's a case of buying what's available, and eating things you normally wouldn't.
Yesterday I bought some crab paste and had some for my tea, it was bloody horrible, today I'm going back to the chemists for a refund.
The bonus is my itchy throat has cleared up

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
During the present crisis it's a case of buying what's available, and eating things you normally wouldn't.
Yesterday I bought some crab paste and had some for my tea, it was bloody horrible, today I'm going back to the chemists for a refund.
The bonus is my itchy throat has cleared up
I read that, laughed and now I’m going to wash my hands......a lot.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I have been listening to the clamour for more testing, both anti-gen and anti- body, of not only NHS and critical staff but the general populace as well. There is no way of conjuring, Harry potter style, test kits out of thin air and yes they are being made in quantity and coming online but not enough. Yes the government are talking about ramping tests up from 5,000 to 10,000 and then onwards and upwards from there. Now if you assume that the government can somehow ramp the number up to a massive one million tests a week, yes that's one million tests per week, then with a population of 66 million if your name is Zeke Zimmering it's 66 weeks or sometime next year until your test is carried out.

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
If they are looking for a WHO leader. Well I wonder if Roger Daltrey is still available. He made a great deaf, dumb and blind kid so a major international leader shouldn't be too much of a leap .

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I have been listening to the clamour for more testing, both anti-gen and anti- body, of not only NHS and critical staff but the general populace as well. There is no way of conjuring, Harry potter style, test kits out of thin air and yes they are being made in quantity and coming online but not enough. Yes the government are talking about ramping tests up from 5,000 to 10,000 and then onwards and upwards from there. Now if you assume that the government can somehow ramp the number up to a massive one million tests a week, yes that's one million tests per week, then with a population of 66 million if your name is Zeke Zimmering it's 66 weeks or sometime next year until your test is carried out.
You need to think about why are you testing and what do you then do with this, they test the very sick to check that it is C-19 so they get the right treatment, I think they should be teating health care professionals for their and their patients safety.

Should we test the general pop, we’ve gone beyond containment and are now in suppression mode, if we don’t have the resources to track and trace hundreds of thousands of symptomatic individuals and their contacts, and the facilities to quarantine them, then apart from being able to put a number in the papers what benefit is there from mass testing, bearing in mind that by the time you've displayed symptoms, been tested and the results have come back you’re probably no longer spreading it and in most cases fully recovered.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Should we test the general pop, we’ve gone beyond containment and are now in suppression mode, if we don’t have the resources to track and trace hundreds of thousands of symptomatic individuals and their contacts, and the facilities to quarantine them, then apart from being able to put a number in the papers what benefit is there from mass testing, bearing in mind that by the time you've displayed symptoms, been tested and the results have come back you’re probably no longer spreading it and in most cases fully recovered.
Spot on but it doesn't stop the unwashed masses demanding testing as if in some way being tested will fix things

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Interestingly I see the Imperial College team, the people who produced the coronavirus death predictions for the government to base their actions on; have now downgraded their prediction. It has now been revised from 250,000 down to 20,000 and again revised downwards to 5,700. It does make me wonder if they're using the same computer models as the climate change wonks.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Interestingly I see the Imperial College team, the people who produced the coronavirus death predictions for the government to base their actions on; have now downgraded their prediction. It has now been revised from 250,000 down to 20,000 and again revised downwards to 5,700. It does make me wonder if they're using the same computer models as the climate change wonks.
They bought the computer from the Met Office - getting things wrong since 1861

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Spot on but it doesn't stop the unwashed masses demanding testing as if in some way being tested will fix things

I suppose that mass testing would allow some relaxation of isolation for those that either show post-infection immunity or natural immunity and provide justification for enhanced measures for targeted isolation of the at risk as well as targeting the delivery of a vaccine when/if it becomes available. There is, however, a risk that some individual idiots who should remain isolated would still flout the rules and pretend they were clear when they are not. Get your freedom ticket here folks.....

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
How bad is it in your area ?

10:00 on Sunday 29 Mar 2020
There are 38 confirmed cases in Doncaster, (up 0 in the last 14 hours.) out of a local population of 310,542 The best day so far for Doncaster.
Remember, many others probably have the virus but haven't been tested so do not show on the statistics.
Statas from ----> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

Last edited:

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
How bad is it in your area ?

10:00 on Sunday 29 Mar 2020
There are 38 confirmed cases in Doncaster, (up 0 in the last 14 hours.) out of a local population of 310,542 The best day so far for Doncaster.
Remember, many others probably have the virus but haven't been tested so do not show on the statistics.
Statas from ----> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274