• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tapatalk

Fairynuff31

Corporal
Hi all,

The E-Goat android app seems to be unstable on my Samsung tablet, with repeated E-Goat not working messages. So i have downloaded Tapatalk and plan on giving that a go.

But I cannot seem to find the good old Goat in the Tapatalk list of forums, any pointers to find it please?

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Got a similar problem, fcuked if I know how to fix it tho.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Strange one this!

I downloaded tapatalk to see what is going on and I too, cannot find the forums on the App.

I have checked the site plugin manager and have made sure we are running with the correct version of the plugin for our version of software. This doesn't appear to solve the problem though. I have re installed the latest version of the xml file to make sure we are definitely up to date and not missing anything and also tried to set up an alternative redirect URL with tapatalk but again, this doesn't solve the problem.

Stranger still, it seems that some people who are already on tapatalk can still access the forums where as new registrations cannot.

I have checked the tapatalk forums and there seems to be a cluster of queries about this problem starting about 3 to 4 weeks ago.

It looks as though some forums are being removed from the tapatalk app because they contain adult content or content of an objectionable nature. example below.

I have the same problem, 8 days ago send messages and email and have not yet received a reply. I Wrote on these topics:
@follatemallorca Your forum contains adult only or objectionable content.

I am not sure where this leaves us with tapatalk so the only thing I can do is send a support ticket to them and see what they come back with.

There also appears to be a bit of a revolt going on over this with a thread advising folk how to get refunds so this leads me to the conclusion that the problem lies with tapatalk and not with E-Goat.

Can anyone who has been using Tapatalk for a while confirm that it's working okay?

Last edited:

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Tapatalk works as I'm already using it but I can't find it in the list of forums if I wanted to join it now.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Tapatalk works as I'm already using it but I can't find it in the list of forums if I wanted to join it now.

Thanks DS.

This is really weird but the problem appears to be at their side and not ours. I will have to wait for their feedback to see what the issue is.

At least we know it isn't the Goat's fault.

Malesu

Corporal
Subscriber
I've been using Tapatalk for ages and the only problems I've had with e-goat was when we had the server/funding issues. Can't comment on finding the forums, as I'm not going to risk it.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Tapatalk working fine for me, but has just had a big refresh with a new layout which I'm not used to yet.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I have just received an email from Tapatalk.

Hopefully the problem can be resolved with the minimum of fuss.

I will provide feedback as soon as the problem is resolved...............but not tonight.........or tomorrow morning :pDT_Xtremez_16:

Happy New Year everyone, have a good evening and see you next year!

Last edited:

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Malesu,

Thanks for the feedback.

Tapatalk are looking into the issue and hopefully, the issue for new signups will resolved soon. I can't put a date on it because we are not the owners of the issue.

For those who are affected by the Tapatalk issue, I can only sincerely apologise but it really is out of our hands.

TW

Life-Is-Good

SAC
Subscriber
Fairynuff31:614528 said:
Hi all,

The E-Goat android app seems to be unstable on my Samsung tablet, with repeated E-Goat not working messages.

I know the thread focussed on problems with Tapatalk but I have the same problem with the Android App (usually when scrolling through a thread). I'm very grateful for a free app but any idea if the problems are being looked at?

Cheers.

Malesu

Corporal
Subscriber
My only problem has always been the e-goat app... hence why I got into tapatalk in the first place

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Stuff is being looked at (TW will give you the specific gen) at the moment. He's set up a ghost Goat currently using the latest Vbulletin release and we are playing around with and learning how to use it before he transfers the whole site over. This will give the Goat new functionality, make it even more resilient (although the site has been almost consistently up now since October after TW/Codemonkeys superb work on the database) and give the site a new look and feel.

Whilst this goes on we appreciate your patience and continued involvement...

New year new Goat!

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Just tried finding egoat on tapatalk with my new phone, not finding it.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Update.

I am in direct contact with one of the Tapatalk admins via PM and the issue will be looked into! The admin support is US based so obviously the time difference will dictate when I receive further info etc.

Hopefully the issue will be resolved asap. Regardless, I will post updates accordingly!