• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Penalty points - posting your licence off..

Kryten

Warrant Officer
So, if I posted my driving licence off to the Fixed Penalty office at midday last Saturday, and sent it recorded delivery, does anyone know when it is likely to arrive there?

I've tried using the Royal Mail's "Track & trace" service, but it keeps telling me that I posted it on Saturday and that it is "in the system".....

G

grumpyoldb

I "Tested the operation" of a speed camera in Manchester three years ago, sent my license to the local traffic office and it took a month for it to be processed and returned. Each time I rang them I was told that there was no-one in the office today.
I got the feeling that they just process a batch of them at a time.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
What's worrying me is that I posted it on Saturday lunchtime, and I have just spoken to the Manchester office and it has still not turned up. I also spoke to Royal Mail who were less than helpful......my assumption would be that if it was posted on Saturday then it should have arrived yesterday, or at the very least today.....?

If "Track & Trace" fails to work, you can claim 10x 1st Class Stamps. A tidy sum if the RM fail to update/track it online, or obtain proof of delivery.

LilStill

Sergeant
DVLA have a pretty awful habit of losing stuff, even recorded delivery stuff. Keep every record you have.

D

dozyscopie1

DVLA have a pretty awful habit of losing stuff, even recorded delivery stuff. Keep every record you have.

Agreed, they "misplaced" mine when I needed C+E put on it. Eventually got it back 6 weeks later with a big coffee stain all over the paper part, fecking useless...

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Just renewed mine (and had all the endorsments removed) in 10 days. Seemed fine to me?

G

grumpyoldb

I got done by a red light camera even though the lights were on green. I didn't realised that if you go through doing over 34mph the camera will snap you.
Traffic lights at Alan Turing Way and Ashton New Road outside ManCity's ground.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
No offer of one of these speed awareness courses?

They would have done, had I not done one for a speeding offence in my car last November....they do not differentiate between vehicles, if you speed on one it counts regardless of what you were driving/riding...

needsabiggerfuse

Flight Sergeant
They would have done, had I not done one for a speeding offence in my car last November....they do not differentiate between vehicles, if you speed on one it counts regardless of what you were driving/riding...

Yeah, that's the way insurance companies look at it too. "... points on your licence ... that'll add 10% for the first offence ... and another 10% for the second ... Anything else we can help you with?" Plus it takes 'em 5 years before they believe that you're really not a menace on the roads. One more year and I'll be free ... yes free ...

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
Not sure - it was a Sunday morning and I have been told that where I got done is a favourite haunt of the traffic cops as they are sheltered by trees....

I only ask as being on a bike with a number plate on the back, and requiring photo evidence, but if you know you did it fighting it may cost you.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
I only ask as being on a bike with a number plate on the back, and requiring photo evidence, but if you know you did it fighting it may cost you.

I am not fighting it - the times correspond to when I was out and I know I was going over the speed limit - what galls me is that aside from a mobile CCTV van I cant recall seeing the speed trap at all.....

Yeah, that's the way insurance companies look at it too. "... points on your licence ... that'll add 10% for the first offence ... and another 10% for the second ... Anything else we can help you with?" Plus it takes 'em 5 years before they believe that you're really not a menace on the roads. One more year and I'll be free ... yes free ...

I'm more worried about the process to get the damned points on my licence - sending it recorded delivery apparently doesnt guarantee arrival - according to the post office it didnt leave them until Monday and as yet it hasn't arrived at the FPO.....

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
I am not fighting it - the times correspond to when I was out and I know I was going over the speed limit - what galls me is that aside from a mobile CCTV van I cant recall seeing the speed trap at all.....

That was a joke.....yeah? :pDT_Xtremez_26: