• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lockdown is here

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Forget 4 wheels or 2 wheels after today's really scary trip to the local supermarket what some of the dullards who inhabit this country need is a properly functioning 2 metre tape measure. Complete fcukknuckles just gate crashing your personal 2 metre space to be first to the baked beans. Each shopping isle should have sniper positioned at the end to remove these utter fcukwits from the gene pool when they transgress. Safer supermarket shopping with snipers you heard it here first.

Forget snipers...we need Cliff Booth to show covidiots the way.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
With utmost respect, if being outside is the issue then there is nothing stopping people who live in flats from going for walks and spending as much time exercising as everyone else - provided they follow the guidelines.

I could make a similar argument about not being able to ride my motorbike; if I ride alone and dont stop to talk to anyone, what harm am I doing? Perhaps we could have an edict that prevents anyone from going out on 4 wheels, but allows anyone on 2 wheels to come and go as they please....

With regards to the calendars, I have all of Dot's neglige ones from 1986 onwards, as well as my personal favourite, "Victoria's Secret featuring Pat Butcher 1992" - can I tempt you?:giggle:
Two problems with going out for a drive or motorcycle rides is what happens if ...

You break down and require a recovery firm to put their people in jeopardy because you fancied a trip out ?

You are in an accident that requires an A & E visit putting even more strain on an overstretched NHS.

People have to start thinking about others not just themselves.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Two problems with going out for a drive or motorcycle rides is what happens if ...

You break down and require a recovery firm to put their people in jeopardy because you fancied a trip out ?

You are in an accident that requires an A & E visit putting even more strain on an overstretched NHS.

So far I'm hearing snipers in supermarkets and snipers out on the road shooting motorcyclists. Not hearing anything bad yet....

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts

Kryten

Warrant Officer

I completely agree. I won't ride out for those very reasons, so I find it hard to accept that sunbathing when social distancing is required should be allowed.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Forget 4 wheels or 2 wheels after today's really scary trip to the local supermarket what some of the dullards who inhabit this country need is a properly functioning 2 metre tape measure. Complete fcukknuckles just gate crashing your personal 2 metre space to be first to the baked beans. Each shopping isle should have sniper positioned at the end to remove these utter fcukwits from the gene pool when they transgress. Safer supermarket shopping with snipers you heard it here first.

I like that - forget "every little helps", the new motto of supermarkets everywhere should be "Safer Shopping with Snipers"... :ROFLMAO:

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Sun
I completely agree. I won't ride out for those very reasons, so I find it hard to accept that sunbathing when social distancing is required should be allowed.
Sunbathing in a public place can't be classed as exercise by any stretch of the imagination.

We need to go onto full lockdown very soon with exceptions that have to be authorised, people are just taking the p!$$ at the moment and something Draconian needs to be done to get them to sit up and realise that this thing is a killer and their selfish acts are the reason it isn't going away.

On a side note, I would love to see how a lot of these people would get on in a steel tube hundreds of feet under the ocean waves for a few months and not even knowing if the world they left even exists any more.

dctyke

Corporal
Just spare a thought for families living in tower blocks, even getting out to get food is a trial. Lift or narrow staircase with shopping and children without touching anything. They should be given some sort of priority to get an hour in their local park even if not exercising. It’s easy for folks that have a front door exiting the outside to say these folks should stay inside.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
As ever, you shouldn’t stop everyone doing something just because a few foolish people just don’t get it, kinda reminds me of my time in the military, especially times in a joint environment. People are allowed out so should do so, I feel for people who don’t have any personal outside space, some don’t even have a balcony, and may have small windows, I used a lift the other day and had to be quite firm when others tried to enter, and who knows who was in the lift before me, so living in a high rise must be pretty tricky for most.

So far the social distancing that we are doing appears to working, new admissions are levelling off, however, todays deaths are people who caught the virus about three weeks ago so we won’t see the true picture of the impact of the lock down for a couple of weeks yet, I expect it to be extended for at least a couple more weeks because of this.

I find that the press reporting isn’t really helping, todays headlines that there’s no deaths in China today, but it will take at least a couple of weeks for these to reappear and whilst they were championing Singapore’s action a couple of weeks ago they seem reluctant to mention the recent increases in infection as their original containment plan was stretched too far.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The New Zealand prime minister has added to the essential workers list.

This lady seems to have her finger on the pulse and this is kind of freebie good news story is great for kids

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Even with no medical training at all I reckon he's fooked

Well don't ask me for medical advice, how wrong I was, Bo Jo is out of intensive care

Some senior members of the RMT will be disappointed

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Well don't ask me for medical advice, how wrong I was, Bo Jo is out of intensive care

Some senior members of the RMT will be disappointed
Quite a few initial reactions didn’t wish the PM well, cnuts the lot of them.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Surgeon who wrote to bojo about lack of PPE for frontline staff dies of CorvCorvid19

Dr Abdul Chowdhury wrote to Blojo on March 18th about the lack of PPE. He died from CV19 today. He said NHS staff had a "human right like others to live in this world disease-free with our family and children.
Why did the hospital not have any PPE? What does the Chief Executive of the Hospital have to say about why his staff had a complete lack of equipment? I’m not trying to pick holes in the story but I like the full facts and our media is doing a poor job in this respect. Any death from this is a tragedy and it stuns me that so many hospitals don’t even the basic PPE in stock. Did we learn nothing from previous pandemics such as SARS, Swine Flu etc? My Med Centre had a whole section in our Standing Orders on this subject written after the swine flu outbreak with PPE stored and ‘ready to go’ in our medical stores.