• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lockdown is here

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So Boris says to slow down the virus no going out unless its essential so shopping , exercise etc.
What are we going to do to fill the time then folks?
What unexpected benefit have you noticed during the current situation?
One thing I have noticed of late is that I'm spending way less money and the TB bank balance is better than normal at this time of the month.

Last edited:

Goatherdingsplitter

Rebel without a clue
Benefit is i have more time to tinker uninterrupted in my man cave; until my Missus realised i’d have the time to do those jobs “i was getting round to doing”. Fortunately, most of those involve going out to builders merchants, which are now sadly shut! Stay safe mate!

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Benefit is i have more time to tinker uninterrupted in my man cave; until my Missus realised i’d have the time to do those jobs “i was getting round to doing”. Fortunately, most of those involve going out to builders merchants, which are now sadly shut! Stay safe mate!
Screw fox is open, delivery or click and collect at the moment, B&Q will be open in a couple of days.

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Good news everyone, our local Ford/Skoda dealership is still open.

For when you really need that essential/emergency Mondeo.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I’ve cut down two trees so far...I only meant to cut one down but you know...once you pull that starter cord...

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I now have a very very tidy shed :eek:
And today's task was a hoover out and internally clean two cars, total find in coins £08.25p result. Just need the pubs open now to splurge the lot on beverages.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
garden weeded, car hoovered, light switch replaced and mandatory government exercise period concluded.

Wobbly_Jon

Corporal
Very clean windows frames and facias! Garden a lot tidier!:cool::cool:

Yeah me too, tidy garden, window frames, guttering and facias all sparkly and clean. The only trouble is that as soon as I knock one job off the list my 'dearest' keeps adding another and, she has even got another list for wet days too!

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Yeah me too, tidy garden, window frames, guttering and facias all sparkly and clean. The only trouble is that as soon as I knock one job off the list my 'dearest' keeps adding another and, she has even got another list for wet days too!
Just think of all the time off you will get for good behaviour when all this crap is over.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Gave downstairs a good clean out. Tomorrow will get the jet spray out and clean the slabs, the decking and the artificial grass.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I have always worked from home on occasion but not permanently...I have always set aside a day or two a week to get on site or to my my office in Bristol or Plymouth...sort of a sanity and stationary raiding mission. Luckily I have a proper office in my house (called the purple room) so I have a good environment away from the rest of the household but...I can see it becoming more and more difficult to keep this up as weeks turn into months. Even with MS Teams to chat on and WhatsApp group for my team its still starting to get a little surreal. I have a sofa in the office and I find myself taking naps on it in the day just because I can! I also look out a set of doors onto a patio and if I see a weed in between the slabs I get distracted by having to sort it...then I see something else and before I know it I've cut the grass and pruned a hydrangea!

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Another job to add to your lock down "to do" list, the clocks go forward this weekend.

GD on Wheels

Sergeant
So who is better off sanity wise? You chaps working from home. Or the likes of me who are still going into work because it's important that as a Key Worker I have to. For now that is.