• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lockdown is here

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Why did the hospital not have any PPE? What does the Chief Executive of the Hospital have to say about why his staff had a complete lack of equipment? I’m not trying to pick holes in the story but I like the full facts and our media is doing a poor job in this respect. Any death from this is a tragedy and it stuns me that so many hospitals don’t even the basic PPE in stock. Did we learn nothing from previous pandemics such as SARS, Swine Flu etc? My Med Centre had a whole section in our Standing Orders on this subject written after the swine flu outbreak with PPE stored and ‘ready to go’ in our medical stores.
Why is there a lack of PPE in the NHS

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Why is there a lack of PPE in the NHS

That's easy

Because contingency consumable funding is placed below the Arts budget, providing maternity clinical services to the entire planet, treating people who clearly dont need it (I cite the last 3 weeks fall off) and cervical screening for men who dont have a cervix, by the MANAGEMENT OF THE NHS

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
That’s what I’m asking. Constant articles in the mainstream media about doctors and nurses being forced to work without adequate PPE (though I do take the more apocalyptic headlines in the Mail with a large amount of salt). The ‘post-virus’ debrief is going to be quite interesting.

He's fishing for a funding answer, not the real one

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
That’s what I’m asking. Constant articles in the mainstream media about doctors and nurses being forced to work without adequate PPE (though I do take the more apocalyptic headlines in the Mail with a large amount of salt). The ‘post-virus’ debrief is going to be quite interesting.
There is a lack of scrutiny by the press towards this government.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
That's easy

Because contingency consumable funding is placed below the Arts budget, providing maternity clinical services to the entire planet, treating people who clearly dont need it (I cite the last 3 weeks fall off) and cervical screening for men who dont have a cervix, by the MANAGEMENT OF THE NHS
Stop there Tex! Men don’t have a cervix?! I feel completely failed by my biology teachers, can I sue?

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
There is a lack of scrutiny by the press towards this government.
The press, in the papers I see as I walk past in the shops (essential items only officer) now just seem to be vying amongst themselves as to who can post the most apocalyptic headline. I’ve stopped buying a paper now since none of them seem capable of actually reporting the truth without their own ‘spin’ on the subject.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
The press moved on from reporting news as information long ago, with 24 hours of news channels to fill and competition with the instant on internet and social media they are now just full of comment and opinion.

They appear to create tension and fear these days, and who on earth let that David Ike bloke on the tele.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
The press moved on from reporting news as information long ago, with 24 hours of news channels to fill and competition with the instant on internet and social media they are now just full of comment and opinion.

They appear to create tension and fear these days, and who on earth let that David Ike bloke on the tele.
David Icke’s still alive?!! I thought the lizard people did him in years ago! The 24 hour news cycle is probably one of the worst things to ever happen. You’re right, all it does is incentivise the idiots of the BBC and Sky to trot out absolute garbage constantly with input from moronic ‘talking heads’. Boris goes into hospital, there’s the idiot Burley stood outside No 10. Why? He’s not f**king there Kay you utter mong!

now if you’ll excuse me for a while, I have the brave warriors of King Cetshwayo massing against the evil British soldiers at Isandlwana. Come on you Zulu warriors!

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
David Icke’s still alive?!! I thought the lizard people did him in years ago! The 24 hour news cycle is probably one of the worst things to ever happen. You’re right, all it does is incentivise the idiots of the BBC and Sky to trot out absolute garbage constantly with input from moronic ‘talking heads’. Boris goes into hospital, there’s the idiot Burley stood outside No 10. Why? He’s not f**king there Kay you utter mong!

now if you’ll excuse me for a while, I have the brave warriors of King Cetshwayo massing against the evil British soldiers at Isandlwana. Come on you Zulu warriors!
Racist.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts

You're not enjoying the nightly Laura Kuessenberg and Beth Rigby show? The two dreadful individuals who consistently prove themselves out of their scientific depth in a damp ashtray? And don't get me started on that ego in a suit, Peston. A 45 played at 33.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
For supporting the brave Zulu impis against the miserable colonial shock troops of the repressive British Empire? Shocking! I’m not actually watching the film but reading the book ‘Zulu Rising’ by Ian Knight. It gives an excellent overview of African society at the time of the war. The British do not come out of it well and were definitely the aggressors.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
You're not enjoying the nightly Laura Kuessenberg and Beth Rigby show? The two dreadful individuals who consistently prove themselves out of their scientific depth in a damp ashtray? And don't get me started on that ego in a suit, Peston. A 45 played at 33.
The best part of giving away my large screen TV to charity was never having to watch any of the above screeching ever again. Unfortunately they do keep popping up on my ‘Twatter’ feed.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
I see Cambridge police are crowing on Twitter about sending their officers into supermarkets to ensure no-one’s purchasing anything in what they call the ‘non-essential’ isle. Meanwhile there is footage, also in Twitter of a young Rotherham office telling a family that their children cannot play in the front garden of the family home. Our police forces seem to be turning into authoritarian cnuts.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
The best part of giving away my large screen TV to charity was never having to watch any of the above screeching ever again. Unfortunately they do keep popping up on my ‘Twatter’ feed.
Boris goes into hospital, there’s the idiot Burley stood outside No 10. Why? He’s not f**king there Kay you utter mong!

How does that work.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Boris goes into hospital, there’s the idiot Burley stood outside No 10. Why? He’s not f**king there Kay you utter mong!

How does that work.
Some delightful mocking of Burley from the wonderful Twitter feed of Sir James Delingpole (you probably detest him!).

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Quite a few initial reactions didn’t wish the PM well, cnuts the lot of them.
I didn't wish him well, I was more interested in the ordinary folk getting better, that's who my thoughts are with. Do if that makes me ****, then I can live with that.

From the deputy editor of the daily email.
More good news on Boris Johnson’s recovery... I’m told he’s now doing su doku puzzles and has been watching films, including Lord of the Rings and Withnail & I... Full details in tomorrow’s @DailyMailUK

Meanwhile nearly a thousand people died yesterday.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The Covid 19 numbers are frankly staggering. For some context of just how sad the huge daily death toll is.
The combined number of people who perished in the Grenfell fire, 7/7 terrorist attack, Westminster bridge attack, the Marchioness sinking, Piper Alpha oil rig explosion, Storm Ciara and Storm Dennis was 371. Currently people are passing away at twice that number every single day, a sobering stat

sk8dave88

LAC
I didn't wish him well, I was more interested in the ordinary folk getting better, that's who my thoughts are with. Do if that makes me ****, then I can live with that.

From the deputy editor of the daily email.
More good news on Boris Johnson’s recovery... I’m told he’s now doing su doku puzzles and has been watching films, including Lord of the Rings and Withnail & I... Full details in tomorrow’s @DailyMailUK

Just a point about the last part of your post, because i was also under the impression that the daily deaths number meant that this number of people had died in that 24 hour period. This however isn't correct.

In England 866 people were newly reported as having died during the reporting period of 5pm 8th Apr - 5pm 9th Apr. What it doesn't explain well at all is that these deaths, whilst newly reported in that time period did not occur in that time period. Now obviously this is still a lot of deaths but the below table shows the date these deaths actually occured.

05-Mar-20 - 1
26-Mar-20 - 2
27-Mar-20 - 3
28-Mar-20 - 6
29-Mar-20 - 1
30-Mar-20 - 6
31-Mar-20 - 10
01-Apr-20 - 13
02-Apr-20 - 15
03-Apr-20 - 30
04-Apr-20 - 39
05-Apr-20 - 43
06-Apr-20 - 70
07-Apr-20 - 154
08-Apr-20 - 356
09-Apr-20 - 117

I think it's important that people know that when the large daily number is given out it isn't as simple as the deaths occuring in the 24hrs previous. But then again the press is in the business of making it seem as bad as they possibly can.

As of Yesterdays reporting the highest daily deaths in England was 643 on 4th Apr.

Last edited: