• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adopt a Detatchee

S

Split-Brain

Stick me on your list, I'll provide a sypathetic ear or two, and help where I can.
Well, maybe I won't be very sympathetic (if you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined), but at least it will be an ear to shout at or grumble to when the need arises.

C

Crosby

Stick me down for support

Stick me down for support

OK I'll give it5 a go ... sloppy kiss

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
After much thought, Me and Mrs TW will adopt a detachee.

PM details to me pls GEM.

TW

G

gemarriott

Adopt a Detatchee
Just a small reminder folks of what adopt a detatchee is all about and who is there to help. Sometimes an extra anonymous ear is what we need.

ADOPT A DETATCHEE
This is your chance to do something positive for an Egoater and their family. Adopt a Detatchee aims to provide the extra bit of support for the troops away from home no matter where and the families left behind. It is not an attempt at PC Social work, It is not an attempt to be professional counsellors, it is not charity.

ADOPT A DETATCHEE is a practical way of supporting our own by doing the following.

Being an extra ear when things get rough and you don't want to worry your family but need to write/phone/email somebody with a good old whinge about conditions,being buggered about/mortared etc.

Sending the little extras out that are scarce or too costly and giving that little unexpected boost with a pack of cards, a book or favourite pack of sweets.

helping the family sort out housing problems and the repair man

listening to family concerns and worries so they aren't exported unnecessarily

Dropping a line to either family or detatchee for no other reason than friendship.

In short ADOPT A DETATCHEE is simply being a mate and helping eachother out.

Use the system either as a detatchee or a family member pick a name from the list in the following and contact them by PM. work out your contact details and take it from there.

Don't be afraid to use the scheme, the only people who will know are you and the adopter. Remember this is not some bunch of well meaning do gooders interfeering but your own people doing what we do best, LOOKING OUT FOR OWN.

Adopters List
Here are the current volunteers update as of 3/5/07, Welcome Talk Wrench our latest volunteer

Thanks Everyone
Hu Jardon
Lisab
Exerk
Buphoonery
Mingmong
Andyz
Mrs Andyz
Skevans
GEMarriott
Mad-Collie
Lamptramp
Mattbombhead
Rectifier
Dirk thrust
Katinthhat
Stato
laboratoryqueen
Wgaf
Allwoman
Sisterpain
Tin Basher
chuff Chart
Icycalm
Lilmissnaughty
PSF Angel
dingbat
tacan.
Saracens959
penfold93
Bigsteviej
Goat Blower
True Blue Jack
Sir Salty helmet
Talk Wrench

Thanks for volunteering folks!

M

Maple 01

stick my name down, I'm sure some sprog on a depressing OOA needs the support of a grumpy has-been

C

Comms_Lad

Ill help cos no doubt ill be going somewhere soon and need the help meself, just gotta get mrs Comms_Lad on here.

B

Blenheim

Please add me to your list of volunteers. I'm very old, very understanding and have the time to listen/read or whatever but probably no ability to get anything done.

Blenheim

Past Engineering

Sergeant
Subscriber
Apologies, had not seen this thread, so Gem add me to the list for any one from Lincoln/Waddington area who wants to speak to an old git.

If I can help with the odd items that are getting short, unfortunately I cannot help with aircraft, vehicles, weapons, ammunition or medical supplies, anything else within reason, (books, biccies, choccies, magazines) and I will try to accomodate.

Cheers PE

Boarderlyne

Sergeant
If there's anyone out here in the Med that needs help add me to those that you call on. I'm going somewhere next year and I will be wearing that really heavy fashion accessory very soon!

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
Kevin999s
Blenheim
tats
Past Engineering
Borderlyne

Cheers guys you've all been added

Thanks a lot

Hu