• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adopt a Detatchee

G

gemarriott

ADOPT A DETATCHEE
This is your chance to do something positive for an Egoater and their family. Adopt a Detatchee aims to provide the extra bit of support for the troops away from home no matter where and the families left behind. It is not an attempt at PC Social work, It is not an attempt to be professional counsellors, it is not charity.

ADOPT A DETATCHEE is a practical way of supporting our own by doing the following.

Being an extra ear when things get rough and you don't want to worry your family but need to write/phone/email somebody with a good old whinge about conditions,being buggered about/mortared etc.

Sending the little extras out that are scarce or too costly and giving that little unexpected boost with a pack of cards, a book or favourite pack of sweets.

helping the family sort out housing problems and the repair man

listening to family concerns and worries so they aren't exported unnecessarily

Dropping a line to either family or detatchee for no other reason than friendship.

In short ADOPT A DETATCHEE is simply being a mate and helping eachother out.

Use the system either as a detatchee or a family member pick a name from the list in the following and contact them by PM. work out your contact details and take it from there.

Don't be afraid to use the scheme, the only people who will know are you and the adopter. Remember this is not some bunch of well meaning do gooders interfeering but your own people doing what we do best, LOOKING OUT FOR OWN.

G

gemarriott

Adopters List

Adopters List

Here are the current volunteers update as of 18/6/07, WelcomeRugby then work Comms_Lad,Maple01 and NotAnIDOYet our latest volunteers

Thanks Everyone
Hu Jardon
Lisab
Exerk
Mingmong
Andyz
Mrs Andyz
Skevans
GEMarriott
Mad-Collie
Lamptramp
Mattbombhead
Rectifier
Dirk thrust
laboratoryqueen
Wgaf
Allwoman
Sisterpain
Tin Basher
chuff Chart
Icycalm
Lilmissnaughty
PSF Angel
dingbat
tacan.
Saracens959
penfold93
Bigsteviej
Goat Blower
True Blue Jack
Sir Salty helmet
Talk Wrench
maple01
NotAnIDOYet
Comms_Lad
Rugby then work
Kevin999s
Blenheim
tats
Past Engineering
Borderlyne
pie sandwich
Mr_fingle
Warwick hunt
Regtgirlfriend
Ping dit
Heilan
NODUFF
Sisterpain
Techiebird335
Mohammed The Bear
Kit
inch high pi
DHI
ailiebird
Tankerman
Ex-bay
coohead
vushtrri
fubar
sniffer
Fairynuff31
justme
Kryten

Please welcome our latest volunteers
Fairynuff31, justme,Kryten,252

Many thanks Guys and Gals

Stay Safe

Thanks for volunteering folks!

Last edited by a moderator:
G

gemarriott

Xmas Approaches

Xmas Approaches

Well as christmas approaches just a reminder to those of you out of sight that you are not out of mind.

Remember goaters are ready willing and even in some cases even able to brighten your festivities.

Take care where ever you are and stay safe
GEM

K

katinthehat

Dont forget me please Gem!
And can you add Stato too! Cheers!!

Consider it Don Kat and Thanks to you both

Last edited:
B

Bored@work

Sad that sections don't feel the need to do anything for the guys on det any more. This is a great idea but really if "friends" from the same section/bay weren't such a bunch of lazy wa**ers it wouldn't be required.

G

gemarriott

Sad that sections don't feel the need to do anything for the guys on det any more. This is a great idea but really if "friends" from the same section/bay weren't such a bunch of lazy wa**ers it wouldn't be required.

I understand the sentiment but nowadays it seems that there are more dets than people left behind sometimes and it helps those of us no longer in the firing line to know we are doing our bit too where we can if needed. You do make a good point htough.

B

Bored@work

I understand the sentiment but nowadays it seems that there are more dets than people left behind sometimes and it helps those of us no longer in the firing line to know we are doing our bit too where we can if needed. You do make a good point htough.

I was out in the falklands recently and it really made me think about the people that I considered friends beforehand, a couple of which will definately be left high and dry at some point. But yes i see your point, with relatively few people left behind on the squadrons compared to days gone by it would be unfair to expect the same level of support.

G

gemarriott

Well here we are between holidays and already the free postage for Iraq has been removed, apparently it is not a war zone guys so you aren't getting shot at! Bet you're glad to hear that if you do get shot it's not an official act of war.

Let me know by PM or via this forum what items of toiletries are hard to come by out in the Stan or Basrah, I am working on a contact with boots chemists for donations but want to make sure I get the right stuff first time as I might only get one shot at him.

Remember guys if you need something,let one of the volunteers know and where possible it will be done.

Heads down and take care
GEM

W

wgaf

Gem can you put my name back on the list when you get a chance please fella.

G

gemarriott

Gem can you put my name back on the list when you get a chance please fella.

I can and will thanks mate.
For all you detatchess and familys the list of people willing to help, listen or help solve a problem is below.

Hu Jardon
Lisab
Exerk
Buphoonery
Mingmong
Andyz
Mrs Andyz
Skevans
GEMarriott
Mad-Collie
Lamptramp
Mattbombhead
Rectifier
Dirk thrust
Katinthhat
Stato
laboratoryqueen
Wgaf
Allwoman
Sisterpain
Tin Basher

Last edited:
I was out in the falklands recently and it really made me think about the people that I considered friends beforehand, a couple of which will definately be left high and dry at some point. But yes i see your point, with relatively few people left behind on the squadrons compared to days gone by it would be unfair to expect the same level of support.

I think it's very sad that you've had this experience, I've only just come back from the Falklands too, my very small section back at Lyneham, did everything they could, my line manager was an absolute star, for me and my wife, maybe because he'd only just got back from there himself.
Not only that, but friends (military and civvy) from all over the country kept in contact with me and checked on the missus every now and again. Not to mention family rallying round to help her, it was my first 4 monther since I've known the missus and I feel very lucky, (especially after reading about your experiences) that I had all this help to get the wife through it and it made it easier for me as I knew she had help a phone call away if things went down the toilet.

Get some better friends mate:pDT_Xtremez_37:

Gem add me to the list please, an adoptee is not just for xmas.

Added and Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Both brothers in law are off to dangerous places this spring and Mrs Basher and her sisters will be helping them with parcels etc. . But not everyone is so fortunate it would appear so Gem please add me to the list.

G

gemarriott

Both brothers in law are off to dangerous places this spring and Mrs Basher and her sisters will be helping them with parcels etc. . But not everyone is so fortunate it would appear so Gem please add me to the list.

Consider it done mate and thanks.

Remember guys and gals if we don't take the tim to care for our own we don't have the right to moan that other people don't care.

G

gemarriott

Up to date List

Up to date List

Just to keep us all abreast of the state of volunteering in the land of the electronic goat and to let all you detatchess and familys know the list of people willing to help, listen or help solve a problem is below.

Hu Jardon
Lisab
Exerk
Buphoonery
Mingmong
Andyz
Mrs Andyz
Skevans
GEMarriott
Mad-Collie
Lamptramp
Mattbombhead
Rectifier
Dirk thrust
Katinthhat
Stato
laboratoryqueen
Wgaf
Allwoman
Sisterpain
Tin Basher

G

gemarriott

ADOPT A DETATCHEE

This is your chance to do something positive for an Egoater and their family. Adopt a Detatchee aims to provide the extra bit of support for the troops away from home no matter where and the families left behind. It is not an attempt at PC Social work, It is not an attempt to be professional counsellors, it is not charity. In the modern RAF people and resources are stretched to maximum this is where we can make a difference by taking a bit of the strain from the family, the section and the detatched airman/woman.​

ADOPT A DETATCHEE is a practical way of supporting our own by doing the following.

Being an extra ear when things get rough and you don't want to worry your family but need to write/phone/email somebody with a good old whinge about conditions,being buggered about/mortared etc.​

Sending the little extras out that are scarce or too costly and giving that little unexpected boost with a pack of cards, a book or favourite pack of sweets.​

helping the family sort out housing problems and the repair man​

listening to family concerns and worries so they aren't exported to the goater OOA unnecessarily​

Dropping a line to either family or detatchee for no other reason than friendship.​

In short ADOPT A DETATCHEE is simply being a mate and helping eachother out.​

Use the system either as a detatchee or a family member pick a name from the list in the following and contact them by PM. work out your contact details and take it from there.​

Don't be afraid to use the scheme, the only people who will know are you and the adopter. Remember this is not some bunch of well meaning do gooders interfeering but your own people doing what we do best, LOOKING OUT FOR OWN.

Just to keep us all abreast of the state of volunteering in the land of the electronic goat and to let all you detatchess and familys know the list of people willing to help, listen or help solve a problem is below.​

Hu Jardon
Lisab
Exerk
Buphoonery
Mingmong
Andyz
Mrs Andyz
Skevans
GEMarriott
Mad-Collie
Lamptramp
Mattbombhead
Rectifier
Dirk thrust
Katinthhat
Stato
laboratoryqueen
Wgaf
Allwoman
Sisterpain
Tin Basher
chuff Chart
Icycalm

Last edited:
C

Chuff Chart

Can you add me to the list to please? Always ready and willing, if not always able, to help. Great idea this :) Cheers

Will do thanks GEM

Last edited:
B

Buphoonery

Do any of the volunteers live in Coningsby/Tattershall?

I am in Bosnia at the moment. My wife is having a few "difficulties" (I won't go into too much detail yet). She went down the official route to get help. SSAFA have been sympathetic but impotent, the Padre was unsympathetic, and the guys at work "don't have the power to do anything".

I'd be grateful if one of you great people could PM me.

PM sent mate..........