• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your opinions are wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Just to add one to Vim's list, I've had one deleted where an obviously made up name rhymed with the guys name I was refering too.

He was a first class penis though. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

To be fair the list could have been much longer but you lot are clever enough to grasp the nettle...But thanks TMG.

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
To be fair the list could have been much longer but you lot are clever enough to grasp the nettle...But thanks TMG.

Thanks Vim,

Not rocket science then, simple rule 'No Libel'.

And try to remember that the E in E-mail stands for evidence.

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Indeed it does. Our mod and admin staff are probably the most "un pc" people around and are just as well hacked off with big brother as you are. If we could have kept the goat the uncensored site it was then be assured we would have.

G

grumpyoldb

Is there any way of making the pigs bar a little more secure? At the moment goody2shoes(not meaning anyone in particular) can join e-goat, login and go sraight in at the deep end.
If they had to rack up a minimum post count before getting access to the play room, they might at least get a feeling of what the goat is about before getting all hurt and offended. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

T

Tubby

I think a post count would be unfair to the lurkers like me who only occasionally post, a Little box that they must read then click OK before they enter for the first time would suffice. Just like the new PM box.

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Is there any way of making the pigs bar a little more secure? At the moment goody2shoes(not meaning anyone in particular) can join e-goat, login and go sraight in at the deep end.
If they had to rack up a minimum post count before getting access to the play room, they might at least get a feeling of what the goat is about before getting all hurt and offended. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

This is one idea under discussion and will stop lurkers form seeing the more juicy forums from the off. Then once you've become a more active member of the community you're rewarded with more forums to play about in.

However, I personally wished that we could have foreseen the problems that we would encounter with the modern day boooooring RAF and its PC attitude which is destroying the whole ethos on which our force stood for. Work Hard, Play Hard. However, now its just work hard and play is frowned upon from every conceivable angle even when its in your own time.

If we had done this from the start then the lurkers, although theres nothing wrong with them, wouldn't be able to see the more controversial posts and only the people who had got involved with the site and posted frequently would be getting a reward. Don't get me wrong but 99% of the complaints we receive are from people with less than 10 posts. This means that lurkers often join just to complain about a post that is in full public view. If we took the facility away for them to see the heavier threads on our forums then we would remove the problem of people seeing stuff that upset them. Lets face it theres not usually a problem from people who have posted a couple of hundred posts no matter how bad the conversation gets.

Last edited:

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
This is one idea under discussion and will stop lurkers form seeing the more juicy forums from the off. Then once you've become a more active member of the community you're rewarded with more forums to play about in.

Could you do that with the caveat that people can have access to the restricted area if they are personally recommended by a 'active' member?

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer

How about a disclaimer box for the tastier sections, explaining that past this point you will be offended. You tick the box and you go in, no argument.

Hell man I've spent my life perfecting being offensive, it's what makes the Goat. You give and you take, no tears. After all it's only 1's and 0's

Realist78

Master of my destiny

However, I personally wished that we could have foreseen the problems that we would encounter with the modern day boooooring RAF and its PC attitude which is destroying the whole ethos on which our force stood for. Work Hard, Play Hard. However, now its just work hard and play is frowned upon from every conceivable angle even when its in your own time.

If we had done this from the start then the lurkers, although theres nothing wrong with them, wouldn't be able to see the more controversial posts and only the people who had got involved with the site and posted frequently would be getting a reward. Don't get me wrong but 99% of the complaints we receive are from people with less than 10 posts. This means that lurkers often join just to complain about a post that is in full public view. If we took the facility away for them to see the heavier threads on our forums then we would remove the problem of people seeing stuff that upset them. Lets face it theres not usually a problem from people who have posted a couple of hundred posts no matter how bad the conversation gets.

That for me has hit the nail on the head about everything that is wrong with the RAF today and why droves of people are p1ssed off. Saying that, the bean counters will be happy because that means a cheap way of reducing numbers when people jump.

G

gemarriott

How about a disclaimer box for the tastier sections, explaining that past this point you will be offended. You tick the box and you go in, no argument.

Hell man I've spent my life perfecting being offensive, it's what makes the Goat. You give and you take, no tears. After all it's only 1's and 0's

Disclaimers aren't worth the electrons wasted displaying them. In law they count for fcuk all:pDT_Xtremez_32:

KingGuin

Sergeant
I moderate on another site. To access our "jucier" forums an individual must rack up 50 posts. Additionally we have a visible icon through which one can indicate if an individual has been helpful or not. This seems to keep knobs, lurkers and general throbbers at bay.

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Wobbly, just a thought?

It's good that you are asking current user of E-Goat what their opinions are but has any consideration been given to those that no longer contribute?

Would it be possible to see which members have over a certain limit of posts (say 500 for arguments sake) and then see which of those haven't posted anything over a 12 month period?

A polite E-mail asking them why they no longer participate and what they would change may give some ideas....

or they may just tell you to poke off!

HTB

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer

What it needs is more of this classic thread type, 'Form an orderly queue Ladies'

I found it by searching 'being offended'. If the upset brigade find this offensive and that means the minority control the majority, then this thread is moot. Boring grey conformity is the future. The Goat is the victim of it's own success.

100 posts of proper military humour, complete with swearing and nobber abuse.

(It's in the Pigs Bar so I hope that the search feature will be blocked from the sensitive types,)

Last edited:

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
Disclaimers aren't worth the electrons wasted displaying them. In law they count for fcuk all:pDT_Xtremez_32:

Read it and weep, fat boy (Not intended as a negative comment with regard to any persons inability to say no to a pie fest)

Please note that British forces humour is, by its very nature, crude, offensive, racist and sexist. Please take this wiki as a guide and a reference, rather than a reflection of any one individual.
If you are easily offended, then please don't read it.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
That's something I cooked up for the wiki, it has virtually no legal standing though!

But it makes the point very, very clear.

So as I understand it,

1. Libelous statements have upset people.

2. Swearing in open threads has upset people.

3. Outrageous humour in the Pigs bar has upset people.

4. Jumping on FNG's bone questions has upset people.

5. Testing the mettle of the FNG by banter (Bullying) has upset people.

6. Post numbers are dropping.

Split level the Goat, soft and fluufy in the open, Dark and dingy behind the trapdoor, filter access to the darkside by a minimum post count, or personal recommendation for workmates, email confirmation and acceptance that you understand Monty's statement.

Naming is banned, names sounding like... are banned.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I agree, we should allow access to those who are big enough to take it, and leave the "Thames Valley Trader" and "Hug-me" posts to those of a lesser stature.

.......let's call it............"Apart-height".

Status
Not open for further replies.