• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What are you doing in lock down?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
What are you up to (aside from working from home on a laptop)? What have you achieved? What have you made? How much are you drinking?

Let's hear about it!

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Acheived? A very very tidy shed, man cave and garage. Decluttering of same filled the wheelie bin. Gardens front and rear now a weed free zone, grass mowed, spuds planted, tomato seeds started, onion sets in, ditto broad beans and shallots, new netting erected for two clematis to climb up. Refurbished an old blanket box with new base, runners and hinges. Car cleaned and hoovered out. Partial redecorate of the living room carried out, darling Daughters bedroom next on the list for a lick of paint. Then garden fence panels need reproofing front and rear. Ongoing stuff general domestic bull night tasks in the house, hoovering, dusting, washing ironing etc etc. Booze ah rum consumption has increased but beer consumptive has fallen off. There are two bottle of vintage port staring at me that may well not last until the end of the lockdown. TV viewing now at an all time low with no sport to watch. Also taking my government permitted stroll on legal footpaths and byeways through adjacent farmland everyday. Apart from that not much else happening.

Reactions: MHP

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Dug veg beds, phys'd the kids daily, cleaned out the garage, pressure washed the paths around the house, drank (lots).

Still to sort the shed.

Allflapnofly

Corporal
What have I achieved during lockdown?......Level fuggin 8 'Highway of Death' on 'Call o' Duty' you mofos......"GET SOME!"......

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Weeded garden, cut grass twice. Kept spirits up via calls and WhatsApp with my 14-strong team, which I set up to share hints and tips. PE with Joe Wicks at 9am. Re-roofing my shed tomorrow. Pressure-washing the patio this afternoon before I get out the garden furniture from the garage.

As I am drawing a full salary from the public purse at the moment, I volunteered to be one of the NHS volunteers. So far I've had no calls for help.

Apparently next week I am rostered to be in at work. Our local management are interpreting "emergencies" in a different way to me. The message we got from our Chief Operating Officer told us that a skeleton presence was required for urgent and compassionate cases. It started at three being in, and has manifested quite quickly to around 40, with rumours of more being told to return soon. No consideration appears to being given to those who are being forced into using public transport.

Piss up in brewery springs to mind. As someone who was given the task of arranging the swift return of an entire Sqn's personnel from Kandahar at the end of JFH by whatever means possible, I find the lack of leadership and adherence to a plan utterly bewildering. Spreadsheet management at its finest.

E Flammis

LAC
With a bit of arm twisting we, the Royal we, painted and papered both bedrooms . Every job on my 'to do' list was given a good seeing to. Walked and/or ran round the perimeter fence of the Cheltenham race course dodging dog walkers by the dozen. I should not have went to Rome for the Jocks v Italy rugby match. On return I was subjected to 14 days of quarantine; felt a trifle stir crazy. Hope for the best, plan for the worse: this would be the common sense operational baseline. per ardua

Fu Fu Valve

Sergeant
Working from home normal hours alarm set for 7.30 to keep some sort of routine. Also doing online training for cadets twice a week.
After work i've got my car blitzed as it was desperately in need of a good clean - washed, de-tarred, washed again, clayed, machine polished then a 3 part protective coating applied.
Apart from that i've played some guitar, fired up the PS4 and drank far to much

Wobbly_Jon

Corporal
Ticked off 99% of the jobs on the wish list Mrs W_J had drawn up so now it's either feet up and wait for volume 2 of the dreaded list to be issued or, escape to the safety of my garage and do some over due tinkering with my classic Norton

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Apart from WFH and Standby Guard Commander with 1hr notice to move, spent roughly 4hrs a day guiding a 12yr old through his schoolwork, been the house husband as the wife is a key worker, shopped for several families who are suffering, read up a lot on Civvy Part M Sub Parts A-I as I have meer months left (CWAs for Civvy CAMOs switched off and interviews done by telephone), played PS4 Two-Point Hospital (Basically Theme Hospital but better) to the point were I spend too much on hand sanitizer stations, made best use of my X3BAR (gym closures made no difference to me) and drank my way through a bottle of Dead Mans Finger rum per week so far.

Entropy

Sergeant
Currently working from home but waiting for the furlough mail to fall in my lap. Trying to work out a plan of what to do. The cars desperately need attention to get them back up to a regularly usable standard. After that I don't know, maybe look at a new hobby.

Had huge fall out with Missus over house and decorating etc to the point where I told her to do it herself and plan to stick to that point. I will never raise a paint brush in anger.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
I’ve been working from home for two weeks now (Continued airworthiness, design and production stuff) and today I had my first ‘blocker’ - not able to concentrate or even complete a minor job. Steeling myself to do better tomorrow....

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
read up a lot on Civvy Part M Sub Parts A-I as I have meer months left (CWAs for Civvy CAMOs switched off and interviews done by telephone)
What’s CWA? I do Civvy CAMO/Part M (and now Subpart CAMO) as part of my job - if you need any enlightenment PM me.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
What’s CWA? I do Civvy CAMO/Part M (and now Subpart CAMO) as part of my job - if you need any enlightenment PM me.
Cheers Rigga, I'll bear that in mind. I'm looking at two CAMOs who need someone who has loads of shop floor experience who they can train up to eventually be a Form 4 Holder.

CWA (Civilian Work Attachment) is the use of your Resettlement Leave (35 Days for completing 22yrs) to work for a civilian employer risk free. You're still being paid / insured by the MoD and it gives you a chance to see if what you are doing is the right choice, and your potential employer a chance to see if you're a good fit.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Aside from spending nearly 10 hours a day in front of a laptop, my garden is immaculate, my windows are clean, my garage is organised for the first time in 5 years. My motorbike is pristine, and all thats really left for me to do is whip out the lawnmower again and cut the lawns, and then clean the car.
Once I finish work though, having recently become broadband enabled at home, I shall be investigating this 'ere Netflix malarkey and see if there are any good shows I can binge watch - which will make a change from the Blake's 7 and Battlestar Galactica DVDs I have been watching over the last week...

Aside from spending nearly 10 hours a day in front of a laptop, my garden is immaculate, my windows are clean, my garage is organised for the first time in 5 years. My motorbike is pristine, and all thats really left for me to do is whip out the lawnmower again and cut the lawns, and then clean the car.
Once I finish work though, having recently become broadband enabled at home, I shall be investigating this 'ere Netflix malarkey and see if there are any good shows I can binge watch - which will make a change from the Blake's 7 and Battlestar Galactica DVDs I have been watching over the last week...
I'd start with The Boys, then onto Altered Carbon. May as well start at the deep end!

Entropy

Sergeant
Just had the call and email to say that I have been furloughed until the end of May. I will now spend the weekend coming up with a furlough plan as I don't want to spaff away 2 months of free time in front of the TV.

Any ideas for a new hobby?

foxOneFive

Corporal
Currently working from home but waiting for the furlough mail to fall in my lap. Trying to work out a plan of what to do. The cars desperately need attention to get them back up to a regularly usable standard. After that I don't know, maybe look at a new hobby.

Had huge fall out with Missus over house and decorating etc to the point where I told her to do it herself and plan to stick to that point. I will never raise a paint brush in anger.

Been furlough myself. Stick to your guns, even a girl can paint a house, I'll go further...the fairer sex are well more sooted to that artistic stuff? Basics?

UlsterExile

Sergeant
WFH, after work actually decided to get some laptops. I have actually found that i am more productive at home than in work!!!!!!!! WTF, that said i am able to have extended tea/lunch breaks or what I have decided to do now is get everything done asap and have the rest of the day's getting odd jobs done. Managed to get boarders turned over and weeded, shed painted and new door hung. Cars are washed (even took wheels off to wash separately) and hoovered to within an inch of their life. Also manage to start building a Greenhouse out of wood and plastic which has been on my things to do for well over 5 years. 0A is cooking up a storm in the kitchen, inside of the house has been bleached and steam cleaned to death. Exile jnr has managed to complete all her course work for her course now seems the X-Box is gonna take a hammering.

unruly1986

Sergeant
Working from home normal hours alarm set for 7.30 to keep some sort of routine. Also doing online training for cadets twice a week.
After work i've got my car blitzed as it was desperately in need of a good clean - washed, de-tarred, washed again, clayed, machine polished then a 3 part protective coating applied.
Apart from that i've played some guitar, fired up the PS4 and drank far to much

Any recommended products for the clean? I’m getting a Kärcher jetwash on payday and would like to get a proper collection ready to do our motors.