• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Unable to use site

Old John

LAC
When I click on the 'Navigation' to areas such as photo albums or jokes etc I get a Database error warning.
If I manage to get to the photo albums I get the message:

Old John, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Why can't I view post etc.?
I use many other such websites without problems.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
It's a bit of a recurring issue, mate - I have the same problems. I believe that E-Goat Central are aware and attempting to fix......

Old John

LAC
So it seems, but no one has answered my 'contact us' question about it or posted a helpful reply.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Please be patient guys, its taking longer than expected...

he_who_dares_rodney

Flight Sergeant
There seemed to be a thread about it last week or so
But as I couldn't access that thread either I can't really comment on the outcome. :)

G

grumpyoldb

I get the same, John. I've given up trying to view the albums.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Guys, look at it in context.

We run the site through volunteers giving their own precious time to run the place and our webmaster has just left the mob and is busy trying to carve a new career for himself; so I must appologise that he has not had time to find the bug and fix it, just so you are able to post some pictures you may have in the E-Goat picture gallery.

In the grand scheme of things, its not a show stopper is it? And if thats all you've got to trip over your bottom lip about, we must be doing loads of other stuff right.

G

grumpyoldb

No need to throw your teddy out FOMZ. It was only intended as feedback. It wasn't sniping.
I've been here long enough to know better. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Old John

LAC
Sorry you see it as moaning.
I joined the site a year ago and I have been unable to access things such as galleries since then.
I have tried contacting Wobbly, and admin without much response or success and finally posted an appeal for tech support on this section called err.. Tech Support. I naively assumed that this was what this section was here for.
I don't think I have gone over the top asking for help. I just think that if, for instance, there is a section called Photo Album it would be nice to actually view the photos in the albums and maybe even post some myself.
I am sure most people can actually do this, but for some reason I can't.
I subscribe to many other forums without this problem, so I think the solution lies within this site.

Just asking for help. Politely and patiently.