• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Unable to use site

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
That answer encapsulates just what is wrong with e-goat.

What? That the site is completely not for profit and run and administered by volunteers, who by necessity have to put the stuff that pays the mortgage and feeds our families above sorting out forum glitches?

Yes, absolutely awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

G

grumpyoldb

What? That the site is completely not for profit and run and administered by volunteers, who by necessity have to put the stuff that pays the mortgage and feeds our families above sorting out forum glitches?

Yes, absolutely awful.

That is not what I meant, and you know it.

It is the arrogance of just a few, unhelpful individuals who are pulling this place down.

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
That is not what I meant, and you know it.

It is the arrogance of just a few, unhelpful individuals who are pulling this place down.

I don't really 'know it' no. Go back and read what you have written and what Fomz has written without allowing past histories to colour what you read.

I really cannot see where he has been arrogant and unhelpful? He explained what is going on and why, then referenced it so save typing it out again.

To be honest, I read your reply as arrogant and argumentative far more than his. In fact it really p1ssed me off. I give time to this site (admittedly not as much as I used to, but then I have just recently moved halfway across the world with my family) and when people bash it and post about how rubbish it is, because they have an axe to grind with someone, it annoys me.

I am not suggesting that the Mods are angels and never do wrong, but we are just users of this place too, albeit users who put a little time in to try to help the place run a little smoother.

If none of us bothered, and got sick of being told how rubbish we are and stopped trying, the site would very quickly have a lot more issues than the gallery not working.

G

grumpyoldb

I don't really 'know it' no. Go back and read what you have written and what Fomz has written without allowing past histories to colour what you read.

I really cannot see where he has been arrogant and unhelpful? He explained what is going on and why, then referenced it so save typing it out again.

To be honest, I read your reply as arrogant and argumentative far more than his. In fact it really p1ssed me off. I give time to this site (admittedly not as much as I used to, but then I have just recently moved halfway across the world with my family) and when people bash it and post about how rubbish it is, because they have an axe to grind with someone, it annoys me.

I am not suggesting that the Mods are angels and never do wrong, but we are just users of this place too, albeit users who put a little time in to try to help the place run a little smoother.

If none of us bothered, and got sick of being told how rubbish we are and stopped trying, the site would very quickly have a lot more issues than the gallery not working.

Weebl, most of us oldies know and appreciate the amount of hard work done behind the scenes by "the committee", and it is appreciated even if we don't blow you kisses every five minutes. ::D:

In my earlier post I pointed out that the coments made were merely intended as constructive feedback and not sniping at anyone.

" No need to throw your teddy out FOMZ. It was only intended as feedback. It wasn't sniping.
I've been here long enough to know better."

My last post was aimed at the terseness of some replies that we get on here, which don't come across as helpful to the OP.

If you are now feeling all hurt and offended, then I don't know how you survived a career in the RAF. "I'm just taking the p1ss now." :pDT_Xtremez_42:

I always thought that this place was a virtual crewroom, or maybe I'm just getting too old for it.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
I always thought that this place was a virtual crewroom, or maybe I'm just getting too old for it.

I tend to agree I'm afraid.......there's only so many posts you can read about joining up and the inevitable questions that follow like how many pairs of underpants should I take ?

Awaits incoming from the usual rent a crowd thugs....

Crack on........

Sent from my iPad .....

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Thats all well and good, But how many should I take?

FOMz

Warrant Officer
.there's only so many posts you can read about joining up and the inevitable questions that follow like how many pairs of underpants should I take ?

OK, ask yourself this... E-Goat is a community and its up to the members to start threads, post in them etc and keep it interesting and relevant. When was the last time you started a thread or entered a debate without having a moan or like some just post banal quips?

The site staff aren't performing monkies despite what you may think of us.

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
John,

You did contact me and I sorted out your profile which had a problem. As for the gallery I've been trying for ages to find out whats causing it and I'm looking at it now. Can you keep popping into the gallery over the next few days to see if I've sorted it please, same for those that are having the same problem.

Many thanks.

Last edited:

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant
John,

You did contact me and I sorted out your profile which had a problem. As for the gallery I've been trying for ages to find out whats causing it and I'm looking at it now. Can you keep popping into the gallery over the next few days to see if I've sorted it please, same for those that are having the same problem.

Many thanks.

We love Wobbly! And Grumpy! Downsizer, when I were a lad sprogs had to send their civvy underpants home and only wear Service issue with a broad-headed arrow stamped on them.

:rapture:

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant
John,

Many thanks.

Wobbly, there's no indication on this ancient heap of junk whether or not you received my answer to your PM. In case not, I tried ['Hereford Recruits' and 'Swinderby Passing-out Parade'] but the problem was just the same.

I'll keep trying over the w/e. As I recall, everything was affected except your photos of Fat Alberts.

Regards

FBN

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Hehehe, I've now messed with your profile again since you last PM'd me today. Can you see if its made any difference please?

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Could you also do me a favour to check if its the theme causing you the issue?

Down the bottom left of the site is a drop down menu, could you select one of the other themes and see if you can view the albums? Try using default vb4 style.

G

grumpyoldb

It's still not working for me. This is the message I get.

grumpyoldb, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

PS, the style chooser is blanked out.

G

grumpyoldb

I have just cleared my cookies and can now view the forum styles.

Changing the style does not allow me to view the albums.

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
I've set your theme to default. Can you check again please mate? On another note can you look at my profile and see my albums?

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Wobbly, there's no indication on this ancient heap of junk whether or not you received my answer to your PM. In case not, I tried ['Hereford Recruits' and 'Swinderby Passing-out Parade'] but the problem was just the same.

I'll keep trying over the w/e. As I recall, everything was affected except your photos of Fat Alberts.

Regards

FBN

John, is it the gallery or the forums you are trying to access?

G

grumpyoldb

I've set your theme to default. Can you check again please mate? On another note can you look at my profile and see my albums?

Just checled the albums. I can see the images but when I click on them still get the same error message.
I cannot see your albums in your profile.

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Thanks mate, this is really doing my head in :)

Can you upload pictures to your own album?

G

grumpyoldb

Thanks mate, this is really doing my head in :)

Can you upload pictures to your own album?

I don't upload to the albums. It's just nice to see others images.
Probably not related but I can upload images into my forum posts.