• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trip down Memory Lane

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
World of Sport wrestling with Big Daddy, Giant Haystacks and Kendo Nagasaki.

Going to the little 'off licence' that most pubs had.

Chris Everts Lloyd and Tracey Austin tennis players, Suzanne Dando.

Superstars and Kevin Keegan falling off the bike

Its a knockout!

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Football

Matches kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon.

Final score at 5pm.

European Cup European cup winners cup inter city fairs cup/UEFA cup. League cup before it changed its name every year.

Teams being elected to the 4th division every 50 years lol

Teams from div 3 winning the league cup (swindon qpr)

Stoke winning their only trophy.

4 divisions

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Life seemed so much easier.

You're not wrong....I remember as a kid getting a pound note and thinking it was a fortune. We didn't watch TV - we went to the local park on our bikes, put our jumpers down as goal posts and played footie until it got dark. You could get a clip round the ear from your local bobby (and ours was a completely nasty piece of work). Sweets were bigger, school dinners were awful and the summers seemed warmer....

Bring back the 70's I say!

UlsterExile

Sergeant
ITV's World of Sport on a Saturday.

Presented by Dickie Davis.

Superstars when Brian Jacks was (Still) a legend for his Tricep Dips and Squat thrusts. When Sports Starts really pitted themselves against the best other sports starts to really see who was the best and didn't care about their weekly wage.

Malesu

Corporal
Subscriber
Waiting for my Rubber Keyed Speccy game to load
Saturday morning treat - Mum buying me a big 10p bag of sweets from the News Agents at Lyneham
The Vulcan flypast at Lyneham's Families day
Spending hours messing about in the lost valley at Lyneham, without parents worrying
Spending Hours messing about in the Bondu at Akrotiri, without parents worrying
Growing up in BFG

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Meeting up on a Saturday afternoon . Everything done by word of mouth. No mobiles asking where are you. If you weren't there then it's your loss.

Running out of wages with a few days to go before payday but you knew you wouldn't starve as you could still get 3 meals a day in the airmens mess.

Last edited:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The Scout Master sucking me off...

It was acceptable in those days!

Digzster

Sergeant
16 Black Jacks or Fruit Salads for a penny (pre-decimal) from the ice cream van that came round your estate twice a night.

Funny how after decimalization you only got 8 of each to a "new" penny!

Riding on the back steps of the bin lorry during summer holidays.

Doing your paper / milk round to get some cash (as opposed to other illegal methods today).

Thinking on it, overall, I was happier with "less" stuff - no cell phones / computers / constant advertising etc. You actually went out of your way to speak or hang out with people.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Tramps with character...

We had one called 'Frankie' who would give kids 10p for sweets if you saw him...and he wasn't smashed off his t1ts on Woodpecker.

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Radio London
Zubes
Fruit Polo's
Making Jellies
Buying a 99 or a 'popeye' from the ice cream van
Twizzle
Andy Pandy
Kenny Everett
Imps (liquorice sweets that burnt your mouth out)
Get Some In!
Pan's People
Steptoe & Son
Ford Anglia 105E

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
1p sweet bags
Pink Panther sweets
Hay bale dens
Paper/milk rounds
Summer berry picking
Texan & Cabana bars
:)

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
1p sweet bags
Pink Panther sweets
Hay bale dens
Paper/milk rounds
Summer berry picking
Texan & Cabana bars
:)

Ohhh hay bale dens. Got dropped massively in the guano by a so-called mate after he got caught in a barn messing about in a hay bale den we'd made. The owner found him and the little get sang like a canary when asked who else had made the thing out of his hay, pointed the finger at the other two of us without a moments thought. :pDT_Xtremez_32: Visit from the cops and marched by the collar up to the owners house to make a grovelling apology or risk my dad and the other lads dad having to cough up a fortune to cover the 'damage'.