• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Thank you Greta Thunberg!

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
What is Greta Thimble and her followers ultimate dream. Pre-Industrial by tending the land and forage for berries. Clearly Space, Military all modes of transport off the list. You cannot harm trees or drive Oxen. While Wind Farms themselves need industrial workforce. Nuclear is not an option due to cost and length of time to commission the damn things. Can't even rub two bloody sticks to keep warm just incase the earth explodes. Clearly the future is bleak for post industrial unless we evolve into lard arse and communicate via telepathy for daily supply of Bean and Cress soup. And frankly even our beloved leader Kim Jong-Un will not yield to Madam Thimble wants and needs.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
The problem is over use of the earths resources, which will make them run out before we’ve died out, the Thunbergs have already messed up by having two children, if they were totally committed to a sustainable future they should have had none or at most one offspring, and I notice they have a pet, a living thing that just uses up resources.

Affluent, well educated societies tend to have a declining birth rate which is good For the environment, especially as those same societies tend to have the highest resource uses. Unfortunately there are many other societies that have high birth rates, societies that cannot cope with all these aspiring people so they emigrate to the more affluent societies, one way or another, and add to the numbers of people who are using too much of the earths resources.

So if I was an ardent green, which I’m not because I believe in personal freedoms too much, the best way to reduce human impact on the world would be to reduce the birth rate in poorer countries, keep them poor with a subsequent higher mortality rate and stop all economic migration. I can’t see this happening any time soon so they’ll just keep focusing on nasty fossil fuels and all the pollutants out there that may or may not knock 5 minutes off your life.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
For crying out loud JiT, we call it Climate Catastrophe now! Do get with the times! Here's the latest satellite update.

UAH_LT_1979_thru_May_2020_v6.jpg

See how the temperatures go up and down? It might also interest you to know that Australia has recorded over a hundred low temperature records, as have the USA, Iran, Iraq, loads of places in fact. Greenland has recorded a record snowfall in recent weeks. Climate is cyclical , always has been.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
For crying out loud JiT, we call it Climate Catastrophe now! Do get with the times! Here's the latest satellite update.

View attachment 1011618

See how the temperatures go up and down? It might also interest you to know that Australia has recorded over a hundred low temperature records, as have the USA, Iran, Iraq, loads of places in fact. Greenland has recorded a record snowfall in recent weeks. Climate is cyclical , always has been.
Explain the dramatic melting of the permafrost. I didn't ask about Australia or Iran or Iraq or Timbuktu

Mustang

Corporal

View attachment 1011618

Germany has just had its coldest May in ages, despite shed loads of sunshine.
The climate has a mind of its own, I don't think the climate will ever oblige one camp or the other.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Germany has just had its coldest May in ages, despite shed loads of sunshine.
The climate has a mind of its own, I don't think the climate will ever oblige one camp or the other.
Very true. The Sun and Earth do exactly what they want and in their own time.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Saint Greta now advises on EU policy with the USA

"Miss Thunberg wrote: 'Still waiting for the EU and individual democratic nations to officially condemn the police brutality and attacks on the free press escalating the USA. "

She could be in for a long wait.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Saint Greta now advises on EU policy with the USA

"Miss Thunberg wrote: 'Still waiting for the EU and individual democratic nations to officially condemn the police brutality and attacks on the free press escalating the USA. "

She could be in for a long wait.
Now, did she write this or was it her father? He was writing her Facebook posts after all!

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
In a move sure to cheer up Ninjarabbi, amongst others, a life size statue of the sainted Greta has been erected at Winchester University.

" A £24,000 statue of Greta Thunberg installed at a university has sparked anger among students who have branded it a "vanity project". The University of Winchester believes it is the world's first life-sized sculpture of the "inspirational" Swedish environmental activist. But the students' union said the funds could have been better spent."

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Ah, how fickle are the young.... last year she was close to being a saint for students but this year they don't want her immortalised as a statue if it takes money away from the refurbishment of their university's buildings. Could it be that they are starting to realise that life is full of hard choices and that, to someone, money can always be 'better spent elsewhere' .......

Is St Greta a nobody now?

Cornish_Pikey

Sergeant
Also what is the energy consumption used to produce such a large bronze?

Will Greta campaign against such a wasteful use of resources?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I also bet the shaven headed tattooed fcukwits wont be out 'protectin it' from a made up imaginary foe either.....
Or alternatively I bet there won't be a group of multi coloured hair fcukwits in trench coats with, mispelt cardboard signs and ACAB and WOKE tattooed across the knuckles out "protecting it" from a made up opponents either.

Last edited: