• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Thank you Greta Thunberg!

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Rejoice dear readers we now we have our own ex-pat British Greta mini-me, complete with pushy mother

"A seven-year-old British schoolgirl dubbed 'the next Greta Thunberg' has become the world's youngest ever TED talker - after being spurred on by her glamorous model mother."

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
Rejoice dear readers we now we have our own ex-pat British Greta mini-me, complete with pushy mother

"A seven-year-old British schoolgirl dubbed 'the next Greta Thunberg' has become the world's youngest ever TED talker - after being spurred on by her glamorous model mother."

Children of the Damned beginning. I wonder if they have their own cliche speak with hint of Swedish infliction.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts

Molly, whose Mum knows famous/influential people..........................

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
She's 7 ffs, all seven year olds want to be actresses... I see she lives in Australia, well good luck with talking bollocks to that lot.....

Still her mum has done alright for herself having had a nine-year career as Teacher and Head of Drama at Fred Longworth High School and Performing Arts College in Tyldesley - a small town situated between Manchester and Wigan.....

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
The latest from the great Saint Greta herself, this time on the subject of fashion.
Read and obey.

Well of course they're only pretending.... They live & work in the real world ffs; where profit and making money to live on is a driver for everything, and anything that helps grow the $,£ or euros in the bank is worth espousing for as long as it makes more money and then pffft!. You don't HAVE to mean it while you do it!

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Rejoice followers of the omnipotent St Greta she dances, she sings live on stage in front of her adoring masses

fourteen2two

Corporal
I wonder what the carbon footprint of the concerts will be? Moving all the equipment, electricity and I doubt the adoring fans all walked or rode their bikes to the venue!:sneaky:

HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Your generation has stolen my childhood and now you want to steal my Buckie off me.

Being an eco warrior has its stresses and you choose to abuse whilst every day I am burning my soul for you- (in a carbon neutral and net zero way ) because every day I am saving the planet from the erupting volcanoes that have been caused by the use of trendy wood burning stoves.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
St Greta speaking to the faithful drops the big "F" bomb. She's on the slippery slope to Buckie, fags, hard drugs and taking it up the wrong 'un .

"No more blah blah blah, no more whatever the f*** they are doing inside there"

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
She's a spoilt brat being manipulated and pandered to in ways which give her both an unhealthy opinion of herself and an unreal view of the realities of how governments have to contend with huge issues besides climate change - issues such as keeping their populations fed, healthy, safe, employed, & housed NOW let alone in 10 or 20 years time. The west are fully bought into the concepts of reducing emissions and reducing CO2 etc but are wrestling with the practical difficulties of doing so in competition with the other competing needs they must meet. Let her go and berate the other major world leaders such as Moscow & Beijing who aren't anywhere near COP 26 because a) they don't give a flying f**k about a Swedish teenager b) they don't much care about the rest of the planet or its future & c) are p*****g themselves laughing at the west destroying themselves because a spotty swede gets upset.

All imho, of course.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Had the radio on today, until I couldn’t cope anymore, there’s only one point of view allowed at the moment with regards Climate Change and no challenge is allowed.

The only challenge is where people don’t tow the line, and then you get both barrels.

I’m not a climate sceptic and I do what I can, however, the way this is dealt with by the press puts me off and the evangelism of some of the proponents pushes me further away. I’m not just engaged, not enough to watch GBN, or argue on twitter, however, I doubt I’ll be singing the causes praises either.

Good luck to Greta, however as an uneducated one trick pony she isn’t the messiah people think she is.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I’m not a climate sceptic and I do what I can, however, the way this is dealt with by the press puts me off and the evangelism of some of the proponents pushes me further away.
Same here and with big players like China not on board COP26 can't achieve a huge amount.
I'm not a sceptic, change is happening season by season and I do what I can though in the grand scheme of things my paltry efforts come to a very very small percentage of the figure needed to fix the problem.

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
Nett Zero is an unachievable goal to beat people with into submission. If the need to get this goal then remove housing planes cars roads sea freight horses herds sheep farming fishing and depopulate to manageable size even then control birth IVF DISABLED and only allow Eugenics. Seem to recall a similar language whether based in America for dystopia or maybe even older. De-educate the masses to control behaviour on a level where human sacrifice is a norm to serve Sun Gods. In the meantime await the next volcanoes to erupt Tornadoes Hurricanes Cyclones Tidal Waves Tsunami Asteroids Solar Burst. Or simply change a few things and advance and improve technology to betterment of humans and life to exist.

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I had an interesting conversation with a member of a local council, involved in refuse collection; the summary of the topic was that often, the first sets of lorries on collection day are actioned, whereas others (when busy), go direct to landfill - even if bins are segregated into domestic waste and recycling or non recycled. Makes me wonder if my efforts are worth it in the great scheme of things.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
There was a recent story from the council in the media around here that 2 particular bin rounds have a much higher proportion of 'spoiled' recycling (i.e. inappropriate items in the blue bins) than the other rounds so the council are going to target their efforts on educating those areas. I'm guessing it isn't largely A1/B1/C1 socio economic groups who live in those areas.

Once a recycling load reaches a certain %age of inappropriate items then the whole load is rejected and must go to landfill (or other non-recycling disposal).

The harder you make it for people to 'do their bit' the less likely people (who are naturally lazy) will be to comply.