• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Thank you Greta Thunberg!

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
This is what happens to old USA wind farm blades??
Greta will not be happy, but you won't be able to tell by her expression.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Last edited:

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
No, I’ve seen this reported in quite a few scientific publications, I’ll try to dig the report that came out in ‘Nature’ last year. The blades are not recyclable.
Let's put the focus on the blades which are 10% of the unit and forget the other 90% which is recyclable. Typical Daily Fail.

The daily fail is the price of one coffee away from going under. So go out and buy that coffee

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Let's put the focus on the blades which are 10% of the unit and forget the other 90% which is recyclable. Typical Daily Fail.

The daily fail is the price of one coffee away from going under. So go out and buy that coffee
Have you watched ‘Planet of the Humans’ yet? A few inaccuracies but totally accurate when it looks into how these turbines are made. Especially the wee bit which looks at African child labour toiling away for the West’s precious metals.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Have you watched ‘Planet of the Humans’ yet? A few inaccuracies but totally accurate when it looks into how these turbines are made. Especially the wee bit which looks at African child labour toiling away for the West’s precious metals.
Bit of a contradiction their. You said a few inaccuracies but totally accurate on child exploitation. How are we to believe that'strue for all of the film. There you go focussing on the precious metals for wind turbines. If you feel so strongly about child labour being exploited why not have a go on those mobile phone manufacturers who get previous metals for their phones in the DRC amongst other previous metals. What about diamond mining in Sierra Leone.

Michael Moore is up his own arse.
https://cleantechnica.com/2020/05/04/michael-moores-planet-of-the-humans-traffics-in-myths-errors-dangerous-misdirection/

Last edited:

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts

Wouldn’t expect all that concrete to very recyclable.

First ”R” is Reduce, if nothing else, the film makes this point very clear.

All media has a bias, you just don’t notice the media that has the same bias as you.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Wouldn’t expect all that concrete to very recyclable.

First ”R” is Reduce, if nothing else, the film makes this point very clear.

All media has a bias, you just don’t notice the media that has the same bias as you.
Never heard of it being crushed for hardcore

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Giving the Mail a damn good ignoring.
Here is the story from other sources
or
or even

Seems the good folks of Wyoming are indeed burying 100's of blades in landfill.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Giving the Mail a damn good ignoring.
Here is the story from other sources
or
or even

Seems the good folks of Wyoming are indeed burying 100's of blades in landfill.
I don't dispute it but why focus on an item which is 10% recyclable and not on the rest which is 90% recyclable

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Bit of a contradiction their. You said a few inaccuracies but totally accurate on child exploitation. How are we to believe that'strue for all of the film. There you go focussing on the precious metals for wind turbines. If you feel so strongly about child labour being exploited why not have a go on those mobile phone manufacturers who get previous metals for their phones in the DRC amongst other previous metals. What about diamond mining in Sierra Leone.

Michael Moore is up his own arse.
https://cleantechnica.com/2020/05/04/michael-moores-planet-of-the-humans-traffics-in-myths-errors-dangerous-misdirection/
Gee, look at all these ‘greens’ coming out against Mr Moore! How dare he leave his lane! Renewables are a farce, this whole ‘net zero’ is a farce and will do nothing but bankrupt the country and drive up energy bills. Let’s not argue. Let’s just give it ten years of these policies and we’ll see who’s right. Seems only fair if you ask me. The climate loons keep telling us we have only ten, twelve, 14 years to save the planet so I’ll play their game and state that within 10 years these policies will f**k us economically. Fair enough?

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Why do you have to be a green to believe in renewable energy. I bet a lot of your leckie is from renewable resources. Are you going to **** that off

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Why do you have to be a green to believe in renewable energy. I bet a lot of your leckie is from renewable resources. Are you going to **** that off
Most electricity is still generated from fossil fuels. On those rare days when the sun doth shine and the wind doth blow you still have to have fossil fuel powered generators ‘spooled’ up for when it stops. At night your solar is useless and on days when the wind doesn’t blow your turbines are useless. I’d love to see how the U.K. would function on renewables alone during a hard winter. “But my batteries!”, I hear you cry. Perhaps, when battery technology is worth a damn. I personally would rather fields weren’t covered in sodding solar panels. I would rather England’s pastures green weren’t blighted by being covered in bird and bat killing monstrositys. If you want green technology than nuclear is the way forward. Certainly if you honestly believe a trace gas that makes up 0.041% of the atmosphere controls the climate and not the big scary ball of fire in the sky that is.

Just my opinion. But as I said. I’ll make a note to revisit this in 10 years time and we’ll see how things turn out. Probably find that Greta will be head of the UN by then.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Most electricity is still generated from fossil fuels. On those rare days when the sun doth shine and the wind doth blow you still have to have fossil fuel powered generators ‘spooled’ up for when it stops. At night your solar is useless and on days when the wind doesn’t blow your turbines are useless. I’d love to see how the U.K. would function on renewables alone during a hard winter. “But my batteries!”, I hear you cry. Perhaps, when battery technology is worth a damn. I personally would rather fields weren’t covered in sodding solar panels. I would rather England’s pastures green weren’t blighted by being covered in bird and bat killing monstrositys. If you want green technology than nuclear is the way forward. Certainly if you honestly believe a trace gas that makes up 0.041% of the atmosphere controls the climate and not the big scary ball of fire in the sky that is.

Just my opinion. But as I said. I’ll make a note to revisit this in 10 years time and we’ll see how things turn out. Probably find that Greta will be head of the UN by then.
Sources

Renewable energy overtakes fossils

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...y-overtakes-fossil-fuels-in-uk-for-first-time

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
You don't have to be a green to believe in renewable energy, however, you need to be a green to believe the hype, one fact there is no carbon neutral fuel.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Go and find a leckie company which just uses carbon fuels. Then you'll be happy.
I’d like to see fossil fuels phased out, funnily enough. I’d like to see us embracing nuclear energy. Check out The TEDx talk given by Michael Shellenberger. Quite informative.