• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RIP Peg

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I really hope this happens, any Halton goaters want to confirm it will?:pDT_Xtremez_19:

I was thinking the same thing...can a Halton Goater print off these pages, put them into some sort of sleeve and give them to the son?

I'm sure they'd find it interesting and comforting to know that Peg was so highly thought of. Give it a few days to give everyone a chance to post.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
I really hope this happens, any Halton goaters want to confirm it will?:pDT_Xtremez_19:

There's a group on facebook that's full of memories in a similar vein to this thread. Peg's family can be in no doubt about the high regard in which we, who were proud to consider ourselves her extended family, held her.

RIP Peg.

Twiggles

LAC
Sad to hear that Halton has lost one of its finest. She certainly deserves the honour of some kind of memorial down there.

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
This is so, so sad. I always believed she deserved some kind of official recognition for being a surrogate mum to generations of young airmen and women, always ready to listen, never judge them and help them through some pretty difficult times. I hope the hierarchy finalise recognise her efforts and she gets some kind of posthumous award.

RIP Peg. It won't be the same without you.

burglar

SAC
RIP Peg

Was at Halton in September on oggie basic course. Not only did she suss I was an ex regular but she also knew I'd not been through Halton before! What a star! I'll have a double cheeseburger and a doner roll next time I see you! Rest well you've earned it!

R

RIGHTHANDSPANKER

RIP Peg! your food kept me going through Trade Training in 98! Amazing how she remembered my order when returning on JMLC and IMLC!

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Bugger, what a loss! RIP Peg!

I remember the time she tidied me up when I returned back from a Leo Sayer in Highgate, (having covered myself in my own puke) before she would let me walk through the gate. I still looked a bloody mess but the sentiment was noted.

R

riggertoSTAB

God Bless Peg

God Bless Peg

My heartfelt condolances to the family of our Peg. Double egg with extra mush please if we meet at the pearly gates Peg!

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Condolences to the family - Peg's kebabs were a dietary staple during my IMLC....

shiny_arse

SAS Inspector
My sincerest condolences to Peg's family. I served at Halton during the early 00's and every leaving bash, night out, late evening or just passing Peg was there with a smile, a blether and a burger.

RIP and I really do hope that the Stn Execs at Halton are planning something special to commemorate the passing on of a truly remarkable person who literally "served" the Royal Air Force.

M

Mickwreay

Can I also pass on my condolences to the family & I’m sure that the many 1000s of techies who have passed by her Van after the NAAFI bop will join me in saying a fond farewell to a Halton tradition.

For me, Mechs course 1986 Fitters course 1989.

RIP Peg

Last edited:

denthemen

CAMRA Researcher
A sad loss to the trainee at Halton and to the rest of the world. I also send my sincerest condolences to Peg's family and if the Halton bigwigs do not put something together on the side of the parade square it will be a travesty.

RIP Peg

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
It's a sign!!!!!

News of her death was heard 3 days ago.:pDT_Xtremez_21:

Now, she is arisen! Hallelujah!:pDT_Xtremez_17:

It is the second coming! She has returned to save us all!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

HTB