• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RIP Peg

W

wgaf

She remembered me from my mechs course when I went back on JMLC, not sure if thats a good or a bad thing!
RIP Peg. Hope it wasn't food poisoning :pDT_Xtremez_42:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You might think that Halton might put up some kind of memorial to the lady...she did something that the RAF has failed to do successfully on many an occaission...provided a welcome, useful, effective welfare service at a reasonable cost.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
You might think that Halton might put up some kind of memorial to the lady...she did something that the RAF has failed to do successfully on many an occaission...provided a welcome, useful, effective welfare service at a reasonable cost.

Not a bad idea Vim....

Maybe a nice tree with a plaque... a rose bush or something similar.

A great lady, always remembered a face and always had time for a quick chat. A great loss to the RAF family.

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
Rip peg , had the honour to be kept alive from her food in 1991, went back in 2005 and she we still there. I was sure she got some award for her services but might be a rumour. Nevertheless she will be sorely missed and she was a true RAF legend

beowulf

Sergeant
RIP Peg.

Maybe the restored trenches by GDT could be the "Peggy Lines"? Or a new award on passing out to the Airman who did the most to help out his or her fellow recruits during training? Just a thought.

Even this auggie thinks you are a legend and I thank you for your post-Crown pick-me-ups.

Everyone who passes through Halton now will be a Post Peg Sprog. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

If Trenchard is counted as the Father of the Royal Air Force, Peg is surely the Mother. She provided sustenance and support for trainees when it was needed most.

If ever a civvy deserves a funeral with military honours it is Peg.

RIP

Jimps

M

mark613

Such sad news,

Many a time has her burgers with lashings of garlic mayo carried me through courses at Halton.

Condolences to friends and family.

RIP Peg

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
RIP Peg, you will be remembered and missed by all.

May I pass on my condolences to her family and to "her RAF children"....A great larger than life lady who was there for you come rain or shine, who kept you going when you thought times were bad.

It will be a shame for the new recruits now, not to meet and get to know such a lovely lady.

Bless you Peg and I'm sure the Big Man will always be first in line for your double cheese burger with bacon and mushroom not forgetting the chilli sauce.

:S

SCJ

Last edited:

tag_lincoln

Corporal
Sad news, RIP Peg. many a night of 86-87 was spent there post bop or R+N.

In fact I shall do myself a burger tonight in your honour. Extra Mushrooms.

After that long walk through the spinney from the Hospital Social Club, Peg was always there with a friendly word and a burger the size of a family car.

Remembered everyone, never forgot a soul.

Peg, we will remember you too.

theladf

Cynic & Conspiracy Theorist
Sad news indeed, many is a time when AC then SAC and even for old times sake Sgt theladf stumbled (after quaffing some ale) to the beacon on the hill which was Pegs burger van for some life-saving sustenance. And all those people who thought it was funny to get your food and then turn of her gas bottles, leading to much cursing and vitriol as she tried to relight the gas, Shame on you!!!!! she knows who you are!!!!!! and when you turn up at her new van outside the Pearly Gates she will still serve you, :pDT_Xtremez_19: the type of person she was! :pDT_Xtremez_19:

RIP Peg :pDT_Xtremez_37:

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
............... and when you turn up at her new van outside the Pearly Gates...............................

Funnily enough, that's what I was thinking earlier today. A Peg burger van outside the gates with Peg serving expired airmen on the way in!!

I hope that Halton gives her a lasting and fitting tribute.

And I hope that her family are reading this thread so they can see that she really did make a big difference to people who served at or went through Halton.

TW

Last edited:
One of Haltons absolute legends! I know I made great use of her wares on every course I ever attended at Halton.

I do hope one of the goaters at Halton takes the job of making sure her family do see the tributes on here becuase I think they would be touched by how many people rememebr her and her husband so fondly. Let us know??

I am not sure we would all be going to the trouble for the guys who ran the kebab wagon that used to park in the layby at the bottom of the hill!

RIP in Peg, mine's a double burger, with bacon and mushrooms.

Harry

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
After that long walk through the spinney from the Hospital Social Club, Peg was always there with a friendly word and a burger the size of a family car.

Remembered everyone, never forgot a soul.

Peg, we will remember you too.

How true NAT PEG was always there with my triple cheese burger, mushrooms onion and mayo. Even remembered my order when I was back at Halton many years later which was unfortunate as the burgers had increased in size, I had not consumed alcohol and it was only 7 in the evening (still tasted good though)

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Funnily enough, that's what I was thinking earlier today. A Peg burger van outside the gates with Peg serving expired airmen on the way in!!

I hope that Halton gives her a lasting and fitting tribute.

And I hope that her family are reading this thread so they can see that she really did make a big difference to people who served at or went through Halton.

TW

I really hope this happens, any Halton goaters want to confirm it will?:pDT_Xtremez_19: