• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RIP Peg

E

erindoors

RIP to Halton's Peg, the greatest burger flipper ever. Halton will never be the same. Deepest condolences to her Family and Friends and especially to here Son who is continuing the family legacy. The sad passing of a true legend x

E

erindoors

From him indoors, many is the night after the naffi that Peg supplied the greatest burgers and I will never forget her she was a legend and will be sorely missed, My symapthies and condolances to her family x

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
RIP to Halton's Peg, the greatest burger flipper ever. Halton will never be the same. Deepest condolences to her Family and Friends and especially to here Son who is continuing the family legacy. The sad passing of a true legend x

Ah Bugger.

Cheers Peg, you always kept me in double egg peg burgers on my mech's course. Still there looking after the younger generations when I went back to Halton on various career courses.

Will be missed by lots and lots of RAF people, old and young.

fileeth

Corporal
Sympathy and condolances to the family - spent a few of the queens shilling at her van after a night on the ale during the 80's when i was at Halton.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
This saddens me...It's been a few days over 25 years to the day that she first served me a burger that reguarly saved my life after a) I'd eaten tea at 1630 and by 1900 I could have eaten a scabby horse and proabably was! and b) or eaten tea at 1630 then down the Crown for a gut full of ale then staggered back for something to soak up the swilling around mass in my otherwise empty stomach...

RIP Peg.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
I saw and had a chat with Peg for the 1st time in 2004 (my training days were pre Peg), nice lady with loads of time for the boys (her boys she called them). RIP, will be missed.

RIP Peg, a lovely lady who never forgot a face (or an order). Halton will not be the same without her. COndolences to her family and friends.

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Pegs was a legend, known throughout the RAF and beyond as a purveyor of the finest, post booze sustenance to many an airman over many a year.

I bet she's already got a van set up outside the Pearly Gates...:pDT_Xtremez_15:

If so, mines a Double Egg Burger with extra cheese and Chips with Garlic Mayo!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Rest in Peace Pegs, deepest condolences to your family and friends.:pDT_Xtremez_37:

HTB

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
Ahh this is sad. As has been said Halton wont be the same without you, you are a legend. Will miss egg burgers with mushrooms and brown sauce after too many jugs in the Rose and NAAFI. RIP Peg.

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
RAF Hockey tournaments wont be the same without Peg keeping the teams fuelled, both through the day and on the way back from Wendyover after a couple of rehydrating refreshments.

Will be sadly missed by all.

Last edited:

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
She fueled me through my mechs course in the early 90's, tripple bacon and cheese with mushroom. GIFT.

GOD BLESS HER.

Peg burgers

Peg burgers

I have just been told that Peg the burger lady at Halton died today. Any goaters confirm or deny this. RIP if true and thoughts to family.
She must be the only person who knew almost all of todays Airman

Stewie

SAC
I was there in may doing my reserve stuff and pegs was a real blessing at the end of a long day
Cheers Peg
RIP

Shinyscot

Corporal
RIP Peg, always found it funny that she remembered anyone who came to the van regardless of how much time had passed since you had last been there! Condolences to family and friends

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
RIP Peg

Remembered when her van first pitched up at Maitland for the first time in 1984. A life saver post excesses of Cider!! If I remember the family were all QPR fans.. she shall be cheering them up to the premier league from up above..

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
RIP Peg.

You kept us all going during our courses with your no holds barred burgers!!

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Oh no.

Horrible news.

RIP Peg.

Peg was part of the fabric of Halton when I did my techie training there. Some of the artery busting creations she made were truly amazing.

Best regards to the family.

TW