• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ricky Forrester (aka Specialized)

fatal

Corporal
RIP Ricky, over the last 9 months you have shown unbeliavable courage and dignity as you dealt with your illness. I'll be hoisting a large dram tonight in your honour.

Al

Dazzy26

Corporal
Never met you chap, and most things have already been said above, your bravery throughout your battle was evident in your words. Rest In Peace and thoughts with your family and friends. I'll raise a glass to you tonight.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Sad news. Ricky, you were brave, dignified and truly inspirational to the last. It would have been great to know you. RIP fella.

firestorm

Warrant Officer
No more pain, on more suffering. The only pain remains with the friends and family of this brave, brave man.
Like many I've cried whilst reading Rickys posts on here. I'm at a loss of what to say other than my life is shallower for never meeting Ricky.
Brave fight fella, take your well earned rest. My thoughts lie with all those who are richer for knowing you.

theladf

Cynic & Conspiracy Theorist
Specialized, Rest In Peace, I add my condolences to your family and my thoughts are with all your friends and colleagues who supported you throughout your fight.

olliepop

Corporal
Previous threads say it all.. God Bless you. I hope you found peace.

Deepest sympathy goes out to your family and friends. R.I.P. xx

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Spec, you truly were an inspiration to all.

May your family find comfort in knowing that as you faced the end, you kept not only your humour, but also your ability to give hope to others.

My deepest condolences go to all of your friends and family. :S

Rest easy now... your fight is done. :pDT_Xtremez_21:

HTB

PS... you even managed to get out of doing the Olympics!

KingGuin

Sergeant
An inspirational story which I feel humbled to have been able to read. My deepest condolences to Ricky's family. RIP.

Toonman

SAC
I read the thread to a mate of mine who was ill last week. It gave him hope and a few tears. Unknown to us he was not to survive the weekend but the words written by Specialized helped him face the future which was sadly all too short.
All i can say is I sincerely admire a person who I have never met but feel as if I know so well.

RIP to both

Last edited:
RIP and condolences to family and friends, I am sure you had many.

As so many others have said on this and other threads the courage and candour shown by Specialized over the last few months has been truly inspirational never met him but really wish I had, god speed.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Sometimes our faith in the selflessness and humility of human beings takes a severe battering as we are bombarded with tales of the ugly and grotesque things our fellow man can do. But of course our picture of the world is distorted because stories of people's selfishness and nastiness make good news, tales of courage and dignity in the face of suffering are seldom given the airing they deserve. Reading the original thread was an extremely humbling experience, I can't imagine I'd be able to act with as much humour and dignity if faced with the same nightmare.
RIP Ricky, you have my utmost admiration in life and in passing. Sincere condolences to those you've left behind, I'm sure they are very proud of you even at such a sad time.

fed_up_scribbly

Corporal
I only knew him through his posts and can only echo what has already been said. Some hugely inspirational words from a hugely inspirational guy. RIP mate.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
The thoughts of the distant planets now remain with your closest moons, but still you light shines on us all.

I believe a lot of us now do well to question quite why that is so.

That is some legacy, my unknown friend. Some legacy.

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
I hope that if i'm faced with this horrible disease I face it with a tenth of the courage Ricky/Spec showed on here. Hope he's at peace and that his family draw some comfort from this thread.

I never met him (in person)and yet through his posts felt like I knew him. His courage and dignity have left a lasting impression and I feel very fortunate to have had the chance to 'meet' such an inspirational person. My sincere condolences to all his family and friends. RIP Specialized