• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ricky Forrester (aka Specialized)

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
This morning my boss came in and informed us that Specialized finally lost his battle against cancer and passed away peacefully last night.

beowulf

Sergeant
Sad to hear that. Looking back at his first post he got the 9 months that the doctors predicted with the chemo, I hope he is at peace now.

kawoloki

Sergeant
Reading this thread over the last 9 months has reminded me what is important and how there is no point worrying about little things in life that, at the end of the day, don't really matter.

The strength, pride, dignity and most of all humour displayed by you in your last stages of life have been inspirational.

R.I.P.

Last edited:

Oberon305

Chairborne
This morning my boss came in and informed us that Specialized finally lost his battle against cancer and passed away peacefully last night.
It's a sad day, my thoughts go out to his family and friends, but at least R's in a better place now though mate. I'm proud to have known him.

Gnasher

LAC
Never met, but absolutely gutted to hear this, but as when my mother passed (and from what he has been through) he is in a much better place now.My thoughts and prayers are with his family at this time. I'm glad that (and hats off to you lads) his work colleagues really pulled the stops out to make his twilight months the best they could have been.As said, never met Specialized before but his courage in the face of adversity is an example to us all. I only hope I would have the same strength of character if in the same situation.RIP fella

rigpig

SAC
Sir you were a true inspiration to so many people including myself.

Your family and friends were lucky to have known and Loved you.

My thoughts are with them all today.

Your thoughts and words on this thread have been extraordinary, If I’m ever in this situation I hope I can summon up half the strength you did.

Stand at ease mate, stand at ease.........................

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
Sir,

Thanks for sharing your final journey with us. I believe you have inspired and given hope to others in similar situations.

My thanks and condolences go to your family, friends and work colleagues that really did pull out the stops for you and left joyful memories that will go some way to easing their sorrow at your passing.

Your physical pain has now gone but those who know you will take some time to adjust to the pain of their loss.

Rest In Peace.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Rest easy Fellah.

The way you faced adversity and the spirit with which you deported yourself has left all of us feeling humbled.

Thank you for sharing with us the good times as well as the bad times and for showing us the important things in life.

As my Dad keeps telling me, "At the end of the journey, the traveller will always find his rest." I hope you have now found yours.

:pDT_Xtremez_21:

fatboy11

Corporal
Cant think of suitable words of admiration that havent been said.....so all I can do is echo all of the above, You Sir are an absolute inspiration. RIP Fella and Deepest Condolenses to those you left behind.

G

gemarriott

Your bravery in facing this has been truly inspirational. It has helped us to cope with my mother in law's illness more than I can say and for that a heart felt thank you.

Now RIP mate, I never met you but your posts on this forum will live on in my memory.

GEM

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
My deepest commiserations to Rickys family and friends, the man may be gone but you'll forever have the memories.
RIP.