• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PVR's

FOGHORN LEGHORN

Sergeant
I'm yet to meet a JO intent on re-inventing the wheel. I've met a load who have had decisions and actions placed on them to implement. I've also met a fair few seniors who like to blame things on officers when it was actually them who made the decision, something I have caught a WO doing.

My perspective on this has changed since my spine was removed however mainly because I had a firm idea of the officer I wanted to be based on good and bad that I had experienced. I can now say that a fair few of the ones I thought were bad were probably not as bad as they appeared. It is very possible that I didn't know the full story and also the stories I was fed by seniors might not have been the full story... Ignorance is bliss.

This message was sent using my thumb.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
I'm yet to meet a JO intent on re-inventing the wheel. I've met a load who have had decisions and actions placed on them to implement.

I think you and Stevie just said the same thing, but in different languages ;)

If you count Flt Lts as JOs, yes I've met a couple - though you're right that reinvention syndrome tends to kick in more at Sqn Ldr and above, and Stevie is right in that it's usually because of sh!t rolling downhill. What's more annoying about JOs (perhaps this shouldn't be limited to JOs as sometimes we're guilty of this from Sgt upwards) is those who will not voice concerns over a bad idea from Command, even if they know and it's plain to see that it's a bad idea, because they are 'just following orders' / stroking the bosses' c0cks for a prom rec. Seen this a lot and hate it - but I think that's probably getting completely off-topic (though I just had to open the thread in a new tab, just to remind myself what the original topic actually was...)

I know there have been quite a few PVRs across the spectrum in the last few months, but does anyone know if it has been directly tied to NEM etc yet? Or if it even can be? I know that there are 7 or 8 'clicks to freedom', but I'm pretty sure that when you have the opportunity to submit your reason for PVR, it's only one of a couple of click options - there's no 'freehand' section to say why you're really leaving. So how could it be put down to NEM?

FOGHORN LEGHORN

Sergeant
I think you and Stevie just said the same thing, but in different languages ;)

If you count Flt Lts as JOs, yes I've met a couple - though you're right that reinvention syndrome tends to kick in more at Sqn Ldr and above, and Stevie is right in that it's usually because of sh!t rolling downhill. What's more annoying about JOs (perhaps this shouldn't be limited to JOs as sometimes we're guilty of this from Sgt upwards) is those who will not voice concerns over a bad idea from Command, even if they know and it's plain to see that it's a bad idea, because they are 'just following orders' / stroking the bosses' c0cks for a prom rec. Seen this a lot and hate it - but I think that's probably getting completely off-topic (though I just had to open the thread in a new tab, just to remind myself what the original topic actually was...)

I know there have been quite a few PVRs across the spectrum in the last few months, but does anyone know if it has been directly tied to NEM etc yet? Or if it even can be? I know that there are 7 or 8 'clicks to freedom', but I'm pretty sure that when you have the opportunity to submit your reason for PVR, it's only one of a couple of click options - there's no 'freehand' section to say why you're really leaving. So how could it be put down to NEM?

I wouldn't be surprised if what we say is similar as we are both JOs (Flt Lt) who seem to have a similar perspective on these things.

This message was sent using my thumb.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
I tried to voice my objections and ideas once...nuff sed.