• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pint 'n' Pizza Appeal Goes Live!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
pintandpizza.gif

Welcome to this years (April 08 to April 09) Goat charity push...Read on and see if you can help us with either of your sites efforts.

Right, the Goat now has a PO Box of it's very own:

E-Goat

PO Box 3443
CHIPPENHAM
SN15 9FB

This is to be used for sending cheques to the Pint 'n' Pizza appeal for the reason below. If you're unsure contact us for advice.

Because of our inherent dislike of PayPal (Valuable charity funding is lost to their high fees) we would also like you guys to send donations via cheque (if possible) for the Pint 'n' Pizza appeal to the PO Box for banking into the E-Goat charity account...Cheques made payable to 'E-Goat' please...If cheques are a thing of the past to you then we can accept postal orders or even cashier cheques/bankers drafts...All we do ask is that you don't attempt to send cash...Also nothing can be sent recorded delivery as it's just a box with no-one standing next to it waiting to hand out signatures...

Please give us your username when you do send donations so we know who's doing what...When we have reached a sizeable amount we'll have the first presentation...

We've decided we'd like to honour your efforts by inviting a Goater or two to the handing over of a cheque as it's as much down to you that the funds come rolling in...These people won't be chosen by the amount they may have donated but more like a lottery from everyone who has taken part...Obviously it may take us a few invites to find one of you that can make it but we feel it's important to ask...

If you prefer to donate via electronic money transfer, then please contact any of the site mod or admin staff, who will be more than happy to supply you with the bank account details to enable you to do this...As with the cheques please let us know who is donating what by attaching your username to the transfer or PM'ing us so we can keep track of your efforts...

Please remember that 100% of the money you raise and donate for the Pint 'n' Pizza appeal goes to this very worthy cause...

Last edited:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Below is the reason why you should be thinking about helping us. You probably read it on the 'coming soon' thread but read it again now if you have the time:

This Years Charity Push.

This is a long post but please take the time to read it. You won’t be disappointed.

Members of the E-Goat site staff have been involved in researching the way ahead for this years charity drive. The Defence Medical Welfare Service was initially identified and we will be supporting them in some ways throughout the coming year, more about this a little later.

Whilst on a visit to Selley Oak Hospital in Birmingham the team identified a small section within the military medical infrastructure that we believe deserves our attention and support.

Patient Support Services (PSS) is embedded within K Block. They handle and disperse the Royal Centre for Defence Medicine (RCDM) Welfare fund. The OC of the fund sent the piece below to us:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSS for RCDM
I am delighted that you and your charitable friends are considering the RCDM Welfare fund for a donation.

In essence the fund is for the good and benefit of the service personnel and the families during the initial very traumatic period when they arrive here at Selly Oak. It is also used for the patients as they begin their recovery and rehabilitation.

The fund is used for a wide variety of things ranging from buying DVDs and sundry items (wash kit, razor etc.) as the patients can arrive at hospital without much at all, to recreational activities which are so important to their rehabilitation.

The patients arrive at the hospital without any of their possessions including clothing, money (small grants issued, normally £50 max), phones etc, so helping them in this first couple of days is a massive boost to them.

These activities include the patients first Pizza and a pint in the local area as well as taking them to sports events and entertainment venues.( Brit F1 GP, touring cars, super bikes, rugby internationals, Premiership football, various benefit events) . The initial days of a patients time at Selly oak and when the families arrive are particularly difficult and we provide other facilities and comforts over and above that funded by the 'system' to allow the family to concentrate on supporting their loved one.

I hope this has given you a flavour of what we are about and that you feel able to look on this fund favourably. Should you need any further information please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards
Ian

The buzz word is Decompression. The injured party arrives from the battlefield often as he was born into the world, no clothes or personal belongings. He may be gravely injured and not in possession of as many limbs as when he embarked sandy side. The staff lay a great deal of importance on getting these people, when they are physically abled to, out of bed and dressed then out into the public eye to ‘decompress’. Their first outing is generally a pint and a pizza at a local establishment.

So we've devised the ‘Pint 'n' Pizza’ Appeal. Some of you may wish to hold small events (Pass a hat around at a beercall, car boot sale or sponsored whatever) to raise money for this. Drop us a line with your idea(s) then crack on. Money can be sent to the PO Box mentioned way above and just below here via cheque and bankers draft/cashiers cheque. Also you can transfer it directly into the Goat account by contacting one of the Mods for details.

We are also going to help DWMS. We have now teamed up with Troop Aid which is a website run by 3 retired Army chaps to supply injured troops with some initial and vital items to get them through the first couple of days stay in the field hospitol and beyond. Please see the 'Breaking News' post on the front page (SHOULD BE DIRECTLY ABOVE THIS!) for more information on how to help these people. Lets work together to improve their morale a little and at least let them know that people back here are thinking of them.

That’s the two thrusts for this charity year in a nutshell. The team at Goat HQ believe that the RCDM Welfare Fund and DWMS are really worthy causes. Every penny we raise and pass onto the RCDM Welfare Fund goes to getting a person who has paid in blood fighting for his country back onto the road to recovery.

This could be a great time to consider a donation to the site or perhaps think about subscribing.

Last edited:

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
11 comedy DVD's and a token cheque for starters, en route VF :pDT_Xtremez_31:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Many thanks Coheed....Thats two donations today already...

CodeMonkey

Flight Sergeant
Vim let me know if you want a poster stuck up in my section or local fundraising help, PM me and i'll give you details.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
I'd like to see if my ATC cadets could get involved in some way.
Any practical suggestions would be welcome.

XB

M

monobrow

I'd like to see if my ATC cadets could get involved in some way.
Any practical suggestions would be welcome.

XB

As with anything charitable, you can organise an event (charity bike ride / walk / bath full of beans / etc) get it sponsored and then it all goes towards the pot at the end of it.

We're working on all the gen to download as a fundraising pack giving authority to collect in the name of, sponsor forms, posters that you can scribble on your event to advertise it, and an info poster to generally what we are trying to achieve. Trouble is it takes time to knock all that up so for now, get your thinking cap on as to what can be achieved by your local Sqn and the gen will follow soon.

B

BigVern

Gift Aid

Gift Aid

As with anything charitable, you can organise an event (charity bike ride / walk / bath full of beans / etc) get it sponsored and then it all goes towards the pot at the end of it.

We're working on all the gen to download as a fundraising pack giving authority to collect in the name of, sponsor forms, posters that you can scribble on your event to advertise it, and an info poster to generally what we are trying to achieve. Trouble is it takes time to knock all that up so for now, get your thinking cap on as to what can be achieved by your local Sqn and the gen will follow soon.

Don't forget to look into Gift Aid, a means of claiming back the tax on any donations. It's free money.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Whatever organisation you are involved in, where ever you are, even 10 mins passing a hat round could produce a sum that could be chipped in...If you're having a beercall/leaving doo then consider an announcement before you all get too trashed saying any spare change you have goes into the bucket on the bar towards this push...Before you know it you could have 10,20,30 etc quid in there without any effort...

As Mono states we are working on a fundraising kit and it'll be available for download soon ....But until then just go for it...

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Do I remember something about PC games as well ??
I may have a couple of those as well as some music.
Cans of shaving stuff are not difficult to get round our Market

XB.

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Following my earlier post on a similar thread, the survival weekend planned to raise monies in Cornwall will not take place until October. Unfortunately, the course only does 2 charity events per year, we've managed to get their second one. I have 35 people signed up for the weekend, and its up to them to get their own sponsorship. Here's hoping for loadsa dosh!

Ping

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Following my earlier post on a similar thread, the survival weekend planned to raise monies in Cornwall will not take place until October. Unfortunately, the course only does 2 charity events per year, we've managed to get their second one. I have 35 people signed up for the weekend, and its up to them to get their own sponsorship. Here's hoping for loadsa dosh!

Ping

That is great news Ping...Thanks very much!

H

Heilan

Going to have a word with my boss at work & see if I can get a collection going in the shop. Would just need an E-goat collar to put round the tin. Also going to ask if I can get discount on buying some disposable razors & get them sent to you.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Going to have a word with my boss at work & see if I can get a collection going in the shop. Would just need an E-goat collar to put round the tin. Also going to ask if I can get discount on buying some disposable razors & get them sent to you.

Good thinking....Stuff like this isn't overly difficult but makes a huge difference...

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Update of 'wants' from DWMS:

'Thanks for your E-Mail guys, yes we are always in need of the items you mentioned, we also have a shortage of Tee Shirts in various sizes, mens and girls, also underwear for both in various sizes. we are ok for most Toiletries except toothpaste (small tubes) and Shaving Gel.'

This gives you a few more ideas...

Why not tip out that 'shrapnel' bottle or jar and rather than p!ss it away perhaps buy a couple of T's and some toiletries...

Last edited:

big_dawg

LAC
With regard to the request for t-shirts, Where I work in my civvy job we have box full of t-shirts that were sent to us for various promotional events but are no longer required. They are in various sizes and colours but have logos and text on them relevant to the promotions ran at the time like product launches and special deals.

Would they be interested in these??

If they are, subject to the green light from my boss I should be able to make this happen.

Regards,
BD

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Big Dawg,

Yes please mate, anything is helpful. The PO Box address is at the top of the thread. I don't think the guys will be that bothered about wearing promo t-shirts.

Thanks again and keep the ideas coming.

P

pie sandwich

With regards to T-Shirts, a two pack of plain white shirts are only about £2 in Asda or Tescos, so if we can all pick up at least one pack with our shopping we will not notice an extra £2 and if everyone does it, it will mean within a few weeks we will have a shed load of them.

I suppose the same goes for socks and shreddies, Or even change brand when it comes to toiletries to take advantage of the Two for One offer.