• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pint 'n' Pizza Appeal Goes Live!

laboratoryqueen

Dr Midget Midgetson
Parcel or two coming your way this week from Chernobyl Children charity and one off me.

For those of us with school age children. I always find that dropping a word to the school secretary and asking for a push in the school newsletter always gets a good response, especially for simple things such as toiletry sets.

Also places such as Motorcycle Action Group (MAG) have drives where they collect toiletries and other personal items then ride round to local hospices and other charitable organisations to deliver the goods, maybe dropping them a line to the secretary to be added to their list.

We've even contacted Boots and Glaxo Smith-Kline just off the contact address on the back of cosmetic products about donations of personal items, normally get a package of stock going off sale, end of line products etc.

H

Heilan

Thanks VF will change that to shaving gel & toothpaste then!! :pDT_Xtremez_30: Can you send me an A4 printout of the pint & pizza with a precis about it & I will get it into the Benson Newsletter, unless someone beats me to it!! Will also ask in the Hive if they could a collection point for donations.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You could just cut and paste from the front page...it's pretty much all I've got to give you...I'll be encouraging the Major in charge of the RCDM fund to post on this thread now we're up and running...

Bitburger

England 2010 Campaign
1000+ Posts
Box of DVDs and books plus a cheque will be in the post tomorrow morning ( just need some brown paper)

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Its only for registered Charities, which we are not. Good thought though mate.

But they are.
Get some forms from them and we're a 24% better contribution already.
:pDT_Xtremez_14:
XB

PS. Are we talking mostly financial contributions?. I have a large shoe-box full of Colgate, brushes, shaving foam, liquid soap, etc..
Any go ?

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
PS. Are we talking mostly financial contributions?. I have a large shoe-box full of Colgate, brushes, shaving foam, liquid soap, etc..
Any go ?

Best they are XB as I have a box, nearly full, of the same as well..

G

gemarriott

But they are.
Get some forms from them and we're a 24% better contribution already.
:pDT_Xtremez_14:
XB

Any go ?

That shoebox of goodies is exactly the sort of thing to send to the POBox.

You asked what your cadets could do a couple of days ago, well how about asing them to collect a shoebox full of similar goodies each from friends and family and then your Suadron sending them on to the POBox for us to get them to Iraq and Afghanistan.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
That shoebox of goodies is exactly the sort of thing to send to the POBox.

You asked what your cadets could do a couple of days ago, well how about asing them to collect a shoebox full of similar goodies each from friends and family and then your Squadron sending them on to the POBox for us to get them to Iraq and Afghanistan.

OK, will do.
My box is on its way to Chippenham (lovely place).
I've chucked in a few video DVDs as well.

One thing I don't understand is: I thought these items were for injured military at somewhere like Selly Oak.
Do the troops in "IraqiStan" need them too ?
Is there some sort of postal agreement to reduce the cost of postage?
Is there a collection point at Cosford ?
Does anyone still use VCR tapes ?

G

gemarriott

OK, will do.

One thing I don't understand is: I thought these items were for injured military at somewhere like Selly Oak.
Do the troops in "IraqiStan" need them too ?
Is there some sort of postal agreement to reduce the cost of postage?
Is there a collection point at Cosford ?
Does anyone still use VCR tapes ?

It is a double pronged effort. Cash support is targetted at Selly Oaks and the RCDMS, this is a military run unit prividing decompression and gentle re-introduction to the big wide world for returning wounded.

The smellies, flip flops dvds Tee shirts etc go to the DMWS who look after the sick and wounded out in Basrah and Kandaha and helps them get guys and gals through the first 24-72 hours when they arrive from combat or their own units literally with nothing but what they are stood or lying down in until their kit has chance to catch up or they are cas evacs.

Anything that arrives at our POBox will be despatched ASAP so as much as your lads and lasses can get together will be sent on without incurring any charges other than those incurred getting it to the Egoat PoBox

Last edited:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
OK, will do.

One thing I don't understand is: I thought these items were for injured military at somewhere like Selly Oak. The items will go into theater, money will go to the fund at Selley Oak
Do the troops in "IraqiStan" need them too ? See above
Is there some sort of postal agreement to reduce the cost of postage? No
Is there a collection point at Cosford ? No
Does anyone still use VCR tapes ? ]Doubtful, most people now have DVDs or hard drives

Hope that helps

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
We've already had some stuff in the PO box along with a cheque so thanks very much for that...We'll post somewhere, maybe not on here though to keep it clear for questions and advice, what and when we receive it and also when it is shipped...This way all of you can get a feel for the progress we make...

Keep looking, thinking, collecting and posting!!

P

pie sandwich

I take it I am barking up the right tree. I did my weekly shop today and picked up

x2 shower gel
x2 packs of bic razors
x2 shaving foam
x1 pair of jeans (36" waist)

When I nip into town tomorrow I will pick up some t-shirts.

All the stuff was tescos own brand I take it that it doesn't matter.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Since ceaseing work, I've acquired a number of shirts which are too small for me (16, 161/2).
Would these be of any use (they'r in decent nick).

XB

Yes..we have no idea what size they need so send them in...and anything else you can spare...

laboratoryqueen

Dr Midget Midgetson
Posted off the boxes I had this morning but the post office says they won't be collected until Monday so they shouldn't land until Tuesday at least.