• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Just Stop Oil.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Having ignored the science for years and then doing less than the absolute minimum for species survival, I'd say it's the governments right around the world that are the the real eco loons.

BBC News - Climate change: UN warns key warming threshold slipping from sight

Can't say we weren't warned.
I do actually agree with there reasons for saving the planet.
What I don't agree with is the speed and direction we're going. Wind, water and solar panels don't amount to half the power needs the UK has amassed - and cutting off oil-based fuels before we know what's right is nonsense.

Deltaitem

Corporal
Agreed, but the imperative to de-carbonise needs to be a lot faster than it is. Rising global temperatures won't just wait for us to get our shit together, and that's where their frustrations lie.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Calm down and stop being such a ninny - the world has heated up and cooled down since records began. Participate in this ridiculous facade if you like, I'm off to burn stuff.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
I balance newspaper reports with a dose from “The Daily Sceptic” who put up their versions and arguments against the former ‘global warming’ which has now become the less severe ‘Climate Change’. The DS shows how certain high profile naturalists have conveniently lost data that doesn’t support their cause or shows that ice is returning to the arctic…
I wont put a link up - but those of you that want the other view can search for it.

Last edited:

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Like most I do what I can with regards the environment, if not for climate change, to reduce waste and pollution.

I don’t think I am a sceptic, however, I do worry that the majority of experts, driving global policy, are very much of a single mindset.

if your theory is right then you shouldn’t need to shutdown the views of others.

The just stop oil protesters are doing nothing for their cause, they have allowed themselves to be seen as cranks, most seem to be on a spectrum of some kind and quite a few seem to be very angry about things.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
My nose got a bit nippy tonight as I wandered the streets of Witney trying to decide where to eat so this global warming is a load of bollocks…I almost needed a hat ffs!

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
My nose got a bit nippy tonight as I wandered the streets of Witney trying to decide where to eat so this global warming is a load of bollocks…I almost needed a hat ffs!
Get with the program FFS it's not called global warming (cos not everywhere is getting warmer) it's climate change cos if it changes by either going up or down its changed and St. Greta is right.

Get with the program FFS it's not called global warming (cos not everywhere is getting warmer) it's climate change cos if it changes by either going up or down its changed and St. Greta is right.

How Dare You!!!!

You people have been warned more than enough about the extinction of our planet so, please, I implore you to follow my preachings so listen to me with your ears . Stopping oil will save the planet. And the turtles.

But I have a solution to the cost of living crisis I created for you by influencing government energy policy.

Just Burn Plastic!

Burning plastic will save the turtles in our oceans and there's plenty of it. And this is the beauty of my idea. Plastic is man made and if we need more plastic to burn instead of oil, we can just make more plastic.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
How Dare You!!!!

You people have been warned more than enough about the extinction of our planet so, please, I implore you to follow my preachings so listen to me with your ears . Stopping oil will save the planet. And the turtles.

But I have a solution to the cost of living crisis I created for you by influencing government energy policy.

Just Burn Plastic!

Burning plastic will save the turtles in our oceans and there's plenty of it. And this is the beauty of my idea. Plastic is man made and if we need more plastic to burn instead of oil, we can just make more plastic.
A Cranners Junior Officer candidate right there....................... 🤡

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
How Dare You!!!!

Just Burn Plastic!

Are you ILLBW in disguise?

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
How Dare You!!!!

Just Burn Plastic!

Or burn the turtles and not care about the plastic....

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
How Dare You!!!!

Just Burn Plastic!

Who is going to admit to being one of these NIMBYs ?

BBC News - Sunnica solar farm rejected by East Cambridgeshire council

If I had my way they would be cut off from the grid until they see sense.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Who is going to admit to being one of these NIMBYs ?

BBC News - Sunnica solar farm rejected by East Cambridgeshire council

If I had my way they would be cut off from the grid until they see sense.
I'm not so sure they're wrong. It is, apparently, good agricultural land used for crops so do you want power or food? There must be better sites that can't be used for food.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I did a recent project with a 600,000 square foot warehouse, where the whole roof was covered in PV, site needed it’s own sub station to take the juice before pumping it into the network, this roof was designed in from the start.

My current project is on a smaller major assembly site with a few medium sized Halls, they have picked out a couple of the bigger ones and have retro fitted strengthening to take the additional weight of PV panels.

It’s not as easy as going around and covering industrial units with the things, they’ve just not been built to take ‘em.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
I'm not so sure they're wrong. It is, apparently, good agricultural land used for crops so do you want power or food? There must be better sites that can't be used for food.

2018 UK food wastage was around >> 9.5 million tonnes <<.

The food retailers don't care about waste food as long as that food goes out of their stores in the hands of customers. So do we offset food waste against energy gain?

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
That's a good question, after all some of that wasted food will be stuff we can't grow here but have imported at an environmental cost - bananas and oranges for example. Either way food waste should be reduced, both by consumers using all they buy and shops not importing more than they can sell. I suspect the former is harder than the latter.
Other stuff we import but can grow here - wheat, for example,. We pay the cost of importation, from Canada in some cases, and there is an environmental cost to that as well but is that better or worse than using land in this country that could grow wheat for green power generation?