• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Just Stop Oil.

fourteen2two

Corporal
They must be getting pretty smelly, we had a frost last night hope they were cold.
Shame no thunderstorms forecast around Dartford!

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Whilst violence should not be advocated, how long will it be before Joe Public's frustrations boil over and someone absolutely pillories these "protesters" whilst they're glued to the floor and cannot defend themselves?

As for the two hangers on, they're now going to be getting cold, tired, their bodily functions and lack of ablution will now be making them uncomfortable and stress will start to affect their mental and physical processes. When they decide to descend, those factors will kick in and this is where loss of life becomes a real risk.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
So, the escalation of JSO’s actions, throwing paint at things, is beginning to show their frustration of being abused as non-violent protesters. Sitting in roads, or on poles , or on holes is one thing - but doing damage is another. So the polite police attitude should change.
Instead of protecting the protesters from the public the police should divert the public away from the protesters…essentially isolating the protesters in the road of their choosing and keeping them their until they have finished/had enough of no reaction. No cameras. No publicity. No food in, no toilet breaks. Let them stay in the middle of an unused street until they peel their hands off the roads/vehicles/paintings…and then get billed for any costs or repairs needed.

Fu Fu Valve

Sergeant
Isn't the bridge the twonks are swinging off a 'toll bridge'.
Maybe the folks who run it should sue them for loss of earnings, added security, etc for the time they were causing disruption.

Allflapnofly

Corporal
Have a farmer turn up with his/her muck spreader..... full of extremely sticky, lumpy ripe an' strong whiffy effluent....

Fu Fu Valve

Sergeant
It's not just here some halfwits in Germany (who are apparently scientists) glued themselves to the floor at the VW factory show room. Making daft demands of VW they then asked for a bowl so they could urinate and defecate while they're glued there on hunger strike.
VW said no and in full respect of their wished to go back to the dark ages turned off the heating and electricity to the building and left.
Security guards go in occasionally to shine torches on them leave.
One of them had to be taken hospital after 24 Hrs with possible blood clots in his hand, it's ok though he's continuing his hunger strike while in hospital.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It was suggested to me today that the eco loons have missed a trick causing chaos in London. How much more amusing would it be if they blocked the streets and stations in the order of a traditional Monopoly board. The "Go to jail" square is just before the dark green ones.

Deltaitem

Corporal
Having ignored the science for years and then doing less than the absolute minimum for species survival, I'd say it's the governments right around the world that are the the real eco loons.

BBC News - Climate change: UN warns key warming threshold slipping from sight

Can't say we weren't warned.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Having ignored the science for years and then doing less than the absolute minimum for species survival, I'd say it's the governments right around the world that are the the real eco loons.

BBC News - Climate change: UN warns key warming threshold slipping from sight

Can't say we weren't warned.

I think more or less everyone wants a better environment and a better planet.

Dare I ask what scientific papers you read and what you extrapolated from them to reinforce your views about world governments?

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Mostly my geography degree, one third of which was based around environmental modules.

Please allow me to show my appreciation for your honest answer.

Unfortunately, I hear far too often from people that it's "the science" and "do some research" when questioning their beliefs, yet they have nothing to back up what they are saying.

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I think more or less everyone wants a better environment and a better planet.

Dare I ask what scientific papers you read and what you extrapolated from them to reinforce your views about world governments?
Sometimes you don't need scientific papers.

Every man and his dog could see that closing a coal mine half a mile from a power station, then importing pelleted virgin forest from America, sailing it across the Atlantic, then 250 miles by train....

And for this pleasure, the UK govt gave £6bn to Drax.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Until the climate protesters have a downward effect on the CO2 emissions from China, Russia & India, then their actions in the UK and Europe is akin to p!ssing into a Force 9 gale.

I'm doing my bit. I recycle. I have solar panels. I have insulated my house. I have gotten a smaller petrol car that does 25% more mpg. I sometimes use the bus to go to work, even though it adds an hour to my daily commute. There's nothing else I can do at this moment to reduce CO2.

I dont need my everyday life disrupted by the protesters - they need to get on dinghys and sail over to where the chief polluters are and get them to change their ways.

Deltaitem

Corporal
Indeed. It might also help if our PM showed his ass up at COP and made/stuck to meaningful action, and encouraged/cajoled others to do the same. Therese Coffey? Impact? Christ, she'll probably argue for more fracking!