• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Harry's Iraq role reviewd

Harry's Iraq role reviewd

• Yes

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
S

Scrufty Bear

Harry is NOT going to Iraq!!

Harry is NOT going to Iraq!!

Breaking news on sky at the mo, not sure of further details though. Any thoughts?

GP

S

Scrufty Bear

i really am in two minds on this one.

1. why shouldn't he go? he's joined up, it's his job and he wants to do it.

2. think of how many more lives could be lost in attempts to get him whilst he out there.

mmmmm, so not sure what to think.

GP.

P

POB

Senior Officers have said "No!" So he's not going. Safety of the others in his unit etc...

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6663053.stm

He's not going to Iraq and not leaving the army.

Oh well thers goes any credibility and respect he had from his "troops" if he can't be true to his word....oh no i forgot he's an officer they are supposed to tell lies.....

My views are if it's not safe for Harry, it's not safe for any of our troops to be there and if the government says anything different they are talking sh!te
Crack on..........:pDT_Xtremez_09:

P.S. Not wishing death on anyone but i hope the family of the next squaddie to die out there (or after "Harry's" troop deployment") takes the government to court for murder.....they had the chance to stop them going but they keep sending them unless they have apparently "blue" blood.

This could of course be a double bluff and he is going but now saying he isn't so no-one will attack him cause he ain't there.......hmmmmm

Last edited:
G

grumpyoldb

So, he'll be the prince of wails this evening then................:pDT_Xtremez_31:

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
TBH i think this might very well be partly related to the fact 3 yanks have been suspected kidnapped recently. I dont recall hearing anything about insurgents kidnapping soldiers, now it has possibly happened things have changed.

P

POB

The way it has been phrased at the moment, he is being ordered not to deploy. But I do see were you are coming from Tashy. He will accept it as an order and not deploy, and not leave.

The Loan Ranger

Corporal
So Prince Harry is not going because it might put further people in danger, how much more dangerous is it really going to get...

Mortars flying in on a daily basis with luck on your side you're nowhere in the vicinity when these feckers come down, lads and lasses out doing daily patrols always running the risk of a sniper/roadside bomb or a car pulling alongside and doing the "it's for Allah thing" and blowing themselves up taking the poor sods in the landrover/tank with them, well if it's going to get MORE dangerous than that we really are f*cked...

Have to agree with Tashy Man what happens when the first soldier from the Blues&Royals gets taken out (fingers crossed it won't happen but we're all realists aren't we), what reaction from the Head of the Army, Downing Street and Buckingham Palace....

If Prince Harry is indeed a man of his word (which I doubt as he's been through Sandhurst and been brainwashed) he will resign his commission as he previously stated when he said "if I can't serve alongside my men, I wouldn't put myself through Sandhurst"

Come on Harry stand up to the kn*bs up high and stand by your words, otherwise don't ever think you will have the respect of your troops or anyone else who serves proudly....

Steps down from the soap box...

G

Gordieplc

Joining...

Joining...

im just about to start my TG and im really looking fiorward to it, but i thought the MOD saw all of the members in the military just as important as easch other, but by stopping Prince Harry from going are they now saying he is more important than the rest of his squadron and military?

surely he should go, not only to do what hes been trained to do but also as a show of equality by the MOD?

as im not in the RAF yet and watching the story from home im wondering how this will effect moral in the folks abroad.

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
For what its worth...

For what its worth...

I think the number of threats have got them worried (never give in to terror remember )
Anyway no point making the lads more of a target than they already are. I would not want to sit in his tank. I hope there has been no ramping up of the terror network there ready for his deployment, as they will not sit there twiddling thumbs.

We need a remote controlled Prince to draw them into the open.

B

Bill Bones

I think we can safely say that this is the end of Harry's career in the army. Whether he resigns or not.

The Loan Ranger

Corporal
I daresay he'll keep the uniform...to play charades with his dad!

Keep his uniform and play charades with them all, except Prince Andrew who earned the right to wear his and his Falklands medal

Nice to see William & Harry proudly sporting the Golden Jubilee medal, even though they hadn't joined up when it was issued and hadn't met any of the qualifying criteria....