• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Harry's Iraq role reviewd

Harry's Iraq role reviewd

• Yes

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
F

fergo

Sharky Ward does mention it in his book Sea Harrier Over the Falklands, however he got most of the details wrong (like the date of the raid for starters).

Off Topic
JUst read hs book very recently. Really interesting read on thr Falklands Air war. Takes a very dim view of a lot of the mistakes made. But totally backs up the earlier posts that HRH was in the thcik of it at various stages of the war

D

Defender of the universe

Lets just hope that the media do not aid in the killing of Harry and his men. LORD KNOWS THEY HELPED TO KILL HIS MUM and it would be a shame if he went the same way.
AT THE HANDS OF THE MEDIA.

T

thebloodhound1970

Andy did fly SAR ops on the Atlantic Conveyer rescue after she was hit by an Exocet on 25 May 82. He did fly close to the ship that was on fire and loaded with over 600 bombs, plus other ammo and a large amount of aviation fuel.

didnt he bomb it? just to show the royals had the power. i thought it was on 25 may 84, thought he bombed it and all the fuel tanks exploded

R_Squared

Flight Sergeant
Maybe he should resign his commission and save everyone the bother, If he doesn't go in the end he may as well anyway.

lisab

Girlie Brosette Mod - I owe you nothing...oooh ah!
looks like hes going link
Personally I agree with a lot of the goaters on this he should be allowed to go he joined a fighting force after all bu I just wish the media could have kept their fecking noses out if he had just gone with no fuss or bother everyone around him would have been in a lot less danger!

I

Irritant

Sorry guys and gals, but I think that all of this talk about HRH going is utter, utter 5hite.

I’ve read the reports/opinions from families saying “if it was good enough for my son to go why shouldn’t he go”. Trouble is whilst he is there he will put more people under greater risk and more stress.

Look back at the history books. During the Napoleonic Wars it was considered unlucky to have a white or grey horse. If you had such a horse the chances are that it would have met with an accident and ended up on the bar-b-que. The reason was that during a cavalry charge you stood out from the crowd if your horse wasn’t brown. The result was that every infantryman’s aim was drawn to you. Pretty unlucky and terminal for you if you are on that white/grey horse. And also very, very unlucky for the riders next to you who also got taken out. HRH is a white horse and will attract attention and casualties. It is my opinion that the brass need to wake up and smell the coffee. Keep him in Blighty where it is safer for everyone else. I couldn’t give a toss if the teddies come out of the pram and he leaves the army. Enough of our people have died and/or suffered and my son is due out there soon, so I anit too chuffed. There are already too many Mothers here without son’s thank you very much. The simple fact is that whilst he is out there every terrorist and his dog and his Granny and her dog is going to have a pop at every British vehicle moving about. Those that don’t plant IED’s are going to lob every kind of ordinance over the wall and into the air. At the moment the guys are getting rounds fired at them every day whilst on patrol. When HRH is out there they (the terrorists) are going to go balls out for the jackpot. Every road is going to have an IED buried in it and our casualty rate is going to go through the roof. They will hit everything in the hope of getting that one target.

Look around, the SPAMs are currently loosing an average of 3 people/day, unbelievable. That kind of casualty rate isn’t worth it just to satisfy one mans ego. If I were a Yank I would be well chuffed as every insurgent starts to pack up and head south for the “gold rush”.

He’s in the army, he should do as he is told and that should be “shut up and sit down”.

And as for randy Andy. Yeah the Argie Skyhawk jockeys would have loved to have swatted him in the Falklands. Except it was a different war and a different ball game. You can’t hide an IED off shore and you can’t disguise an aircraft. If they hung around too long they got a navy sidewinder or seawolf up the jacksy from a Sea Harrier or Destroyer, or they ran out of petrol and ditched in the sea. Either way it meant that they (the Argie pilots) died. These people over there in Iraq are ready to die, their life means nothing to them.

And anyway, look on the bright side, if he does quit the army at least he can share a sand bag and swap war stories that never were with Uncle Edward!

My opinion only.
Rant over.

S

Seymour Tw@tt

Sorry guys and gals, but I think that all of this talk about HRH going is utter, utter 5hite.

I’ve read the reports/opinions from families saying “if it was good enough for my son to go why shouldn’t he go”. Trouble is whilst he is there he will put more people under greater risk and more stress.

Look back at the history books. During the Napoleonic Wars it was considered unlucky to have a white or grey horse. If you had such a horse the chances are that it would have met with an accident and ended up on the bar-b-que. The reason was that during a cavalry charge you stood out from the crowd if your horse wasn’t brown. The result was that every infantryman’s aim was drawn to you. Pretty unlucky and terminal for you if you are on that white/grey horse. And also very, very unlucky for the riders next to you who also got taken out. HRH is a white horse and will attract attention and casualties. It is my opinion that the brass need to wake up and smell the coffee. Keep him in Blighty where it is safer for everyone else. I couldn’t give a toss if the teddies come out of the pram and he leaves the army. Enough of our people have died and/or suffered and my son is due out there soon, so I anit too chuffed. There are already too many Mothers here without son’s thank you very much. The simple fact is that whilst he is out there every terrorist and his dog and his Granny and her dog is going to have a pop at every British vehicle moving about. Those that don’t plant IED’s are going to lob every kind of ordinance over the wall and into the air. At the moment the guys are getting rounds fired at them every day whilst on patrol. When HRH is out there they (the terrorists) are going to go balls out for the jackpot. Every road is going to have an IED buried in it and our casualty rate is going to go through the roof. They will hit everything in the hope of getting that one target.

Look around, the SPAMs are currently loosing an average of 3 people/day, unbelievable. That kind of casualty rate isn’t worth it just to satisfy one mans ego. If I were a Yank I would be well chuffed as every insurgent starts to pack up and head south for the “gold rush”.

He’s in the army, he should do as he is told and that should be “shut up and sit down”.

And as for randy Andy. Yeah the Argie Skyhawk jockeys would have loved to have swatted him in the Falklands. Except it was a different war and a different ball game. You can’t hide an IED off shore and you can’t disguise an aircraft. If they hung around too long they got a navy sidewinder or seawolf up the jacksy from a Sea Harrier or Destroyer, or they ran out of petrol and ditched in the sea. Either way it meant that they (the Argie pilots) died. These people over there in Iraq are ready to die, their life means nothing to them.

And anyway, look on the bright side, if he does quit the army at least he can share a sand bag and swap war stories that never were with Uncle Edward!

My opinion only.
Rant over.

Agreed. He was never going to f*cking go, anyway. All this, "I want to be with my mates" bollox dunt wash...

:pDT_Xtremez_32:

lisab

link
He is fcuking going!!!
God sometimes I feel infcukingvisible on here!!!!!

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

My opinion only.
Rant over.

Good post, I agree totally with your sentiments. If they could have announced his arrival back in the UK without the media finding out he was out there in the first place, then maybe he could have gone. In this day and age, a secret like that is unlikely to be kept.

lisab

Good post, I agree totally with your sentiments. If they could have announced his arrival back in the UK without the media finding out he was out there in the first place, then maybe he could have gone. In this day and age, a secret like that is unlikely to be kept.

ok ok I give up obviously nobody can see my link here read this!!!

Army Chief: 'Harry Goes To Iraq'
Updated: 21:42, Monday April 30, 2007

The head of the British army General Sir Richard Dannatt has told Sky News that Prince Harry will be deployed to Iraq.It follows reports that officials were becoming increasingly worried insurgents will target the prince and are considering a ban on him fighting on the frontline.

Prince HarrySir Richard said: "The decision has been taken that he will deploy.

"I will of course keep that decision continually under review and if circumstances are such that I change my decision, I will make a further statement."

S

Seymour Tw@tt

So does anyone know if the GWAR is going?

:pDT_Xtremez_03:

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
ok ok I give up obviously nobody can see my link here read this!!!

Army Chief: 'Harry Goes To Iraq'
Updated: 21:42, Monday April 30, 2007

The head of the British army General Sir Richard Dannatt has told Sky News that Prince Harry will be deployed to Iraq.It follows reports that officials were becoming increasingly worried insurgents will target the prince and are considering a ban on him fighting on the frontline.

Prince HarrySir Richard said: "The decision has been taken that he will deploy.

"I will of course keep that decision continually under review and if circumstances are such that I change my decision, I will make a further statement."

Apologies, badly worded. I should have said...

"then maybe it would have been appropriate for him to go if it could have been done in secret and announced after the event. Pre-announcing it like this is dangerous to those around him and unpopular with Iraqi MPs. Whether he wants to deploy or not is irrelivant, he is in the Army and should stop bleating in public and do as his told.".

lisab

Off Topic Lol you boys!!! Im not biting! (well no more anyway!):pDT_Xtremez_42:

S

Seymour Tw@tt

Apologies, badly worded. I should have said...

"then maybe it would have been appropriate for him to go if it could have been done in secret and announced after the event. Pre-announcing it like this is dangerous to those around him and unpopular with Iraqi MPs. Whether he wants to deploy or not is irrelivant, he is in the Army and should stop bleating in public and do as his told.".

I thought it was at best inadvisable and at worst illegal for any serving soldier/airman/sailor to comment in the media without prior permission, but then again when your surname is Hewitt, oops, Windsor, then that premise goes out of the window.

Imagine the hoohah if one of the boys (or girls) went on the Beeb and said "I'd rather not go to Iraq, thanks"....

:pDT_Xtremez_17:

P

pueblos

Look back at the history books. During the Napoleonic Wars it was considered unlucky to have a white or grey horse. If you had such a horse the chances are that it would have met with an accident and ended up on the bar-b-que. The reason was that during a cavalry charge you stood out from the crowd if your horse wasn’t brown. .

Wellington rode a white horse at Warterloo, and across India during his campaigns there. The ''Royal Scots Greys'' were a cavalry regiment famous for their Grey horses. The horse colour is not about standing out but about camoflage. At night brown horses are harder to see.

The simple fact is that whilst he is out there every terrorist and his dog and his Granny and her dog is going to have a pop at every British vehicle moving about. .

Having done 8 months on the ground there and 4 in the Stan, yes that is already happening...

And as for randy Andy. Yeah the Argie Skyhawk jockeys would have loved to have swatted him in the Falklands. Except it was a different war and a different ball game. You can’t hide an IED off shore and you can’t disguise an aircraft. .

Two answers to that. A US destroyer in the Yemen!!! and Stealth...

So what you said, ok I can see that but lets look at a couple of points you seem to have forgotten...

1, He is in the military. So lets set a prescident here and ''allow'' people to choose what deployments they go on. Hey I volunteer not to go to Iraq again, why should I, I've been shot at and had two convoys bombed under me!! The DWR falldown rate for the RAF is 50%, YES 50%. No thats not a made up number, thats the fact from the last stn visit breifing... Imagine how many would ''falldown'' if the number 1 familys second son does not go...

2, ITS HIS JOB!!!!!!!

3, Perhaps the Iraqis will start using their military properly

4, Not all Iraqis are Tommi-Taliban!!! Infact as has been proven, most bombers of the human kind are foreign!!

5, Perhaps this Government will start supporting British troops with the equipment and Kit that they need...

6, Forget the number 5, like bLIAR gives a Fcuk about troops...