• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Harry's Iraq role reviewd

Harry's Iraq role reviewd

• Yes

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
K

kit

Do you ever get the feeling that if the media stopped broadcasting his DWR, reg number of his warrior, call sign and fav rat pack meal no-one would be bothered anyway?
He signed on for aunty liz, well granny liz in his case- let him do his job.

or course if it's not safe enough fopr him it's not safe enough for anyone, blue blooded or not!

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
I think you'll find that Randy Andy was one of the chopper pilots that was pictured picking troops up off RFA Sir Galahad after it had been blown up. He was also involved in flying his Sea King as a decoy for incoming raids.

Andy did fly SAR ops on the Atlantic Conveyer rescue after she was hit by an Exocet on 25 May 82. He did fly close to the ship that was on fire and loaded with over 600 bombs, plus other ammo and a large amount of aviation fuel.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
I think you'll find that Randy Andy was one of the chopper pilots that was pictured picking troops up off RFA Sir Galahad after it had been blown up. He was also involved in flying his Sea King as a decoy for incoming raids.

Have it on excellent authority that HMS Invincible was nicknamed HMS Invisible due to the fact that because HRH was on board, it went nowhere near the real action.:pDT_Xtremez_09:

F

FoxyFed

I personally think Harry should be allowed to go to war. At the end of the day he signed on the dotted line after the war had started and it was pretty obvious from day one that he would be going to somewhere hot and sandy. Apparently his family are behind his decision to go its just the politicians and media that are making a fuss. In regards to putting his men in danger I dont believe that to be the case. They are going to target anything thats not Iraqi anyway. There are thousands of service men and women out there already just getting on with it and every one of them is just as important as Harry. The amount of British deaths happening out there is unnecessary and I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy but hey if Harry did croak it maybe it will be the kick up the backside the Government needs to get us out of that sh*thole.

Parky

Corporal
FFS I have read the first page of this thread and agree that the guy signed on the dotted line and should go where his regiment goes. Should it be harms way then so be it you do not join the forces to wear the uniform drink tea and look pretty in a uniform. End of story, you sign on you do the training you take the money you do what you are told regardless the consequenses

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
FFS I have read the first page of this thread and agree that the guy signed on the dotted line and should go where his regiment goes. Should it be harms way then so be it you do not join the forces to wear the uniform drink tea and look pretty in a uniform. End of story, you sign on you do the training you take the money you do what you are told regardless the consequenses

Ad FFS he says he wants to go and there are people who want to prevent him going.

W

wgaf

Have it on excellent authority that HMS Invincible was nicknamed HMS Invisible due to the fact that because HRH was on board, it went nowhere near the real action.:pDT_Xtremez_09:
Don't know what conspiracy theories you've been reading but you've just posted a load of cr@p fella.

M

mad_mo

Don't know what conspiracy theories you've been reading but you've just posted a load of cr@p fella.

Agreed.

HMS Invincible, was crucial in providing air defence and the means of attacking enemy ships and ground positions, while Invincible's helicopters provided constant anti-submarine protection.

FoxyFed you say "In regards to putting his men in danger I dont believe that to be the case. They are going to target anything thats not Iraqi anyway."

Do you really have such contempt for insurgents that you truly believe that to be true? Even if Johnny Towelhead on the steets of Basra is currently unaware what sort of vehicle HRH commands, our friends the Iranians will soon tell him and put the means to destroy it in his hands along with a promise of 72 virgins. Let us not forget they have just successfully hit a Chally 2. And do you believe that even the dullest Iraqi hasn't sussed what sort of aircraft will take the Prince into Theatre?

So yes, he will be increasing the danger of the men in his vehicle and any similar types. And anybody on the aircraft that is taking him into/around theatre. And the troops in tents 150 metres away from his tent when the unguided opportunistic rocket attack comes in at 3 am. I could go on.

Ultimately and God forbid it happens, he will get a full state funeral with all the trimmings. His driver's family will in all likelyhood get a bill off the MOD for tea and biscuits. Worst case scenario we could be seeing funerals for a whole aircraft full of passengers and crew.

He should not go. As a compromise send him to Afghanistan but DO NOT TELL the media. Or say he is not going to Basra, then tell the media 'sorry we lied' when he is tourex.

W

wgaf

Agreed.

HMS Invincible, was crucial in providing air defence and the means of attacking enemy ships and ground positions, while Invincible's helicopters provided constant anti-submarine protection.
MM I know several fish heads who were on Invincible at the time, they'd be pretty p1ssed of to know their south atlantic medals were won for being on "HMS Invisible"

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
MM I know several fish heads who were on Invincible at the time, they'd be pretty p1ssed of to know their south atlantic medals were won for being on "HMS Invisible"
I used to work with one of Andy's deck crew who'd have an issue with what you said too. He had nothing but praise for the Prince :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee

Agree with all you say so when will William go to the latest conflict ? Oh thats right NEVER cause he is 2nd in line but he signed on the preverbial dotted. Not a go at wills because he probably wants to go....must be stupid enough he went army first.

There is a simple answer...get rid of the royals, what the feck do they do for the country except inhabit a big house in London ? and don't bother with the tourism crap.
The country has no GREAT left in it.

Crack on..................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

W

wgaf

Agree with all you say so when will William go to the latest conflict ? Oh thats right NEVER cause he is 2nd in line but he signed on the preverbial dotted. Not a go at wills because he probably wants to go....must be stupid enough he went army first.

There is a simple answer...get rid of the royals, what the feck do they do for the country except inhabit a big house in London ? and don't bother with the tourism crap.
The country has no GREAT left in it.

Crack on..................:pDT_Xtremez_09:
He's third inline you p1ssed up moronic biff.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
He's third inline you p1ssed up moronic biff.
Unless Charles abdicates. If he passes the throne, it goes to Andrew and his kids. He has to accept it then abdicate for William to ascend. If I'm wrong Mad Mo will correct me I'm sure ! :pDT_Xtremez_15:

W

wgaf

Unless Charles abdicates. If he passes the throne, it goes to Andrew and his kids. He has to accept it then abdicate for William to ascend. If I'm wrong Mad Mo will correct me I'm sure ! :pDT_Xtremez_15:
You're wrong. if he abdicates it is passed on to the IMMEDIATE next in line, which is William.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
You're wrong. if he abdicates it is passed on to the IMMEDIATE next in line, which is William.

That's what I said, he has to accede to the throne then abdicate for William to get it, If he doesn't accept it straight off, the line passes to Andrew and the 2 little hotties !

OMG they're gwar aren't they, [puff][pant] :pDT_Xtremez_31:

W

wgaf

Tell you what, read the original post, it's about Harry. Now if you're mistaken then fair enough. If you're not and you're just trying to catch people out then that shows you to be the fookin biff that you come over as.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Tell you what, read the original post, it's about Harry. Now if you're mistaken then fair enough. If you're not and you're just trying to catch people out then that shows you to be the fookin biff that you come over as.

It's the Smirnoff talking, what can I say ! I didn't claim it to be fact, just what I thought to be fact..... I'm not trying to catch anyone out.

If I'm a biff , so be it. It's friday, I'm tired and a bit pi$$ed.