• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Harry's Iraq role reviewd

Harry's Iraq role reviewd

• Yes

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
William should deffo give up to. If they wont allow the 3rd in line to the throne they sure as hell wont allow the 2nd!

Wills won't give up as it was always said that being in direct line for the throne he would not be allowed to "see action". He is merely doing his time in all 3 services so when it's fancy dress time he can wear them officially....it just happens to be that the Army is the first service he is "doing time" in.

Crack on..............P.S. thats what i heard anyways, I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong.....

Chilliboy

SAC
It's right that he doesn't go in that the fact that he is so high profile the insurgents will hit every Scimitar they can in the hope that he is in one of them which puts every other tanker at an increased risk.

It's wrong for that clown Portillo to say that he shouldn't go because it would be a National disaster for the third in line to the throne to be killed or injured out there.

Bottom line is that his life is no more valuable than anyone elses out there, but his presence puts others at a higher level of risk.

The best solution would have been to send him out on the QT and announce it once he was back. Send him out under an assumed name, treat him like anyone else and announce to the press that he is off on a six month det to somewhere else such as a North American embassy to explain his absence from every night club in London.

I can't see him staying inthe Army past the first parade back from Iraq when the only chest ornament he has got is his Gran's Jubilee medal (where did he serve for the five years to qualify, cadets?)

M

Mrs_Monobrow

Heard on the news this morning that they are reviewing it AGAIN! Said something about he may still serve in the gulf region but will be put somewhere isolated and away from the main action. He may also be posted out somewhere in secret or under the guise of training abroad.

Well that was very smart of the news to announce to the world that if he goes anywhere, this will be whats announced to the public! :pDT_Xtremez_35:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Heard on the news this morning that they are reviewing it AGAIN! Said something about he may still serve in the gulf region but will be put somewhere isolated and away from the main action. He may also be posted out somewhere in secret or under the guise of training abroad.

Well that was very smart of the news to announce to the world that if he goes anywhere, this will be whats announced to the public! :pDT_Xtremez_35:

Stick him in All yous Deed as a lifeguard at the pool.....should be safe enough there....

Crack on............:pDT_Xtremez_09:

M

Mrs_Monobrow

Stick him in All yous Deed as a lifeguard at the pool.....should be safe enough there....

Crack on............:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Not if PS is still around! :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Mind you seeing as they are both of the ginger variety, they might get on!

Who?

SNCO Odds and Sods
Send him on the qt to Afghan or Iraq but tell the press he's gone to the other one but not where, should throw them off the scent for a little while at least...failing that stick a D notice on it and tell them they'll get an exclusive at the end of his tour!

G

Green Flash

Orderly Officer/town patrol in Colchester/Aldershot etc on a Sat night should see him a whole load of action.:pDT_Xtremez_15:

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
As has been said, he'd be a **** magnet. Insurgents would put 'other ops' on hold and would flood the area thanks to the press saying he was going and put countless others at risk. Deploy him on the QT.

S

shoutingwind

I bet he'll get a jammy little det to kuwait or somewhere where he can stay in a 5* hotel....

F

fergo

I personally don’t think they should have let him join the army in the current climate if they weren’t going to send him, surely they foresaw the potential for this.

As we are all aware most regiments are on a cycle of training and deployment and it was fairly obvious that Iraq and Afghanistan Ops were going to be ongoing and it has caused a PR nightmare for the Army and MOD, and particular problems for Harry, military families, serving personnel etc

I think a few incidents have put focus on his deployment, the Challi tank being damaged and the capture of the Americans last week.

Also, the Iranian hostage incident. The Iranian involvement in Iraq, with training, equipment and intelligence. Would they have been able to feed accurate information to the insurgents about Harry?

I think we should have heard about Harry going to Iraq when he stepped back off the plane after his 6-month tour. The press have a lot to answer for.

I don’t think Prince Andrew can be used as an example. He fought in a totally different war under totally different circumstances.

Off Topic From what i have heard William will do a year or so in the Army then do familiarisation with the Navy and RAF for about a year each.

M

mad_mo

Another Daily Mail sponsored article of toilet paper!.

Tommo is right, Chip paper!.

dark_sider1

Corporal
To chip in with my two'pennieth

I can really understand the frustration of people when they say "he signed on the dotted line and should go". But i can't believe for one second that someone didn't actively consider what would happen if he did get deployed PRIOR to him actually joining. Someone, somewhere, must have a plan about this. For goodness sake, they have contingency plans about every Royal funeral, so this scenario can't have escaped them.

Whatever happens, good luck to the ol' (well, young) chap, and with any luck, as with every soldier, air"person" and sea"person" (best be PC about it), we'll get them, and him back safe and sound.

I wonder what he had for breakfast this morning tho....best check the Daily Mail and have a wee look-see. If it's Golden grahams, there's a chance i may lose my coffee in a vesuvius style eruption tho :pDT_Xtremez_17: