• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gen on Kandahar

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Is this a uniform only everywhere or only outside the blast walls of the Lines? Twas always uniform outside the lines but many abused it pretending to go to the NATO gym. Most ignored it to go to the Boardwalk. Had your chance and blew it? How will that affect the sun gods and godesses hiking up shorts and shirts outside their blocks? :pDT_Xtremez_19:

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
Is this a uniform only everywhere or only outside the blast walls of the Lines? Twas always uniform outside the lines but many abused it pretending to go to the NATO gym. Most ignored it to go to the Boardwalk. Had your chance and blew it? How will that affect the sun gods and godesses hiking up shorts and shirts outside their blocks? :pDT_Xtremez_19:

Please tell me how we had our chance and blew it??? It hasn't always been a uniform only det or it certainly wasn't when I was there last year.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Please tell me how we had our chance and blew it??? It hasn't always been a uniform only det or it certainly wasn't when I was there last year.

The rules are, if you leave the Lines or want to go to the DFAC, you are to be in uniform. That means you can only doss about in civvys around Hero's/ Piccacento's or if you want to get your tits out, round your block. The number of Brits I encountered sauntering to the BW in civvys (and this only a few months ago) after bold warning notices on every exit door in every block informing personnel that civvys were only permissable within the walls, suggests confirms people are sticking 2 fingers up like a chav, and ignoring the directives from above and subsequently pssiing off the powers that be that write them.

I am not anal, but the actions of the (Tri Service) 'doesn't apply to me' crowd inevitably cascade down and cause unnecessary bullsiht for everyone else.

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
The rules are, if you leave the Lines or want to go to the DFAC, you are to be in uniform. That means you can only doss about in civvys around Hero's/ Piccacento's or if you want to get your tits out, round your block. The number of Brits I encountered sauntering to the BW in civvys (and this only a few months ago) after bold warning notices on every exit door in every block informing personnel that civvys were only permissable within the walls, suggests confirms people are sticking 2 fingers up like a chav, and ignoring the directives from above and subsequently pssiing off the powers that be that write them.

I am not anal, but the actions of the (Tri Service) 'doesn't apply to me' crowd inevitably cascade down and cause unnecessary bullsiht for everyone else.

That may well be how it is but on your earlier post you said it had always been uniform outside of lines which it certainly hasn't. You were allowed into the DFAC, up to the boardwalk or where ever on camp in civvies prior to last may.

zofo

LAC
Has anyone got any info on Lash as due there soon and would like some heads up. Plse feel free to PM me but I am due out there very soon and every little helps

Thanks

Zofo:pDT_Xtremez_26:

JPABitch

LAC
Zofo

managed to make contact this morning with the person I'm replacing, but didn't get much info over the phone. Promised to send me an e-mail with lots of gen. As soon as i get some in I'll PM you. Likewise, grateful if you could pass on anything you manage to get hold of.

hugo_a_go_go

Corporal
Has anyone got any info on Lash as due there soon and would like some heads up. Plse feel free to PM me but I am due out there very soon and every little helps

Thanks

Zofo:pDT_Xtremez_26:

Lash is a nice little "det" zofo, foods generally better than what you get at KAF and Bastion. Good Gym etc (comes with having all the media guru's down there)

It is somewhat cut-off though and any flights in and out rely on helo's being available

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Any one else get the horn when the see some of the Yank and Canuck birds in civvies with a sig or 9 mil strapped to their thighs! Very Lara Croft

jamier

LAC
Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone had upto date gen on KAF as im due out there later in the year.

Cheers in advance

Jamie

Last edited:
B

Bleeding Blue

Cash

Cash

I was informed that there is cash machines in place but charge an arm and a leg for usage, is this true?

Im off to the Stan in Jan and am trying to get as much good gen before i go, ive been to the other hot country a few times before but never the Stan so all good gen is openly welcome.

Stax

Flight Sergeant
I was informed that there is cash machines in place but charge an arm and a leg for usage, is this true?

Im off to the Stan in Jan and am trying to get as much good gen before i go, ive been to the other hot country a few times before but never the Stan so all good gen is openly welcome.

Costs about 1.50GBP to use, but its straight out of your account as opposed to 2 weeks for a cheque. Depends whether you want to save money or know what your finances are!

SgtScribbly

Corporal

good bit of gen if you are going in Jan - its feckin freezing and rains a lot!

mark20s

LAC
KAF Massage?

KAF Massage?

Hi

I believe it has reopened? but does anyone know where the massage place at KAF is located? I've looked around the boardwalk but i'am generally blind to the obvious.

Kiwistacker

Clinically Insane
I accidentally left a pair of flip-flops outside my tent in 2004, if anyone sees them could they bring them back please. They are yellow.

freebass

LAC
Hi

I believe it has reopened? but does anyone know where the massage place at KAF is located? I've looked around the boardwalk but i'am generally blind to the obvious.

I think it's next to the Green Bean near the PX

N

Nil Stock

Anyone out in KAF or due to head out there shortly got the new MTP pattern combats, or am I in the first batch of non infantry to get it?

Went to clothing yesterday expecting the usual handful of deserts only to be surprised by a bag full of brand spanking new kit, even a gerber multi-tool, head torch set and other such goodies.

I have a suspicion I'll be surrounded by people in normal deserts sticking out like the proverbial.

stacker1195

Sergeant
MTP... What trade are you, lots of TCW and a few others are strutting around in it.

Having just been kitted out for Herrick myself, it doesn't matter what trade you are unless you're on an FP role then there's another page to the kitting list. So a stacker going to KAF will be getting the same kit as a techie going to KAF and so on and so forth.

Hope this helps.