• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gen on Kandahar

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
Wobbly, many thanks for the info I am due out there mid-May. Anymore info you have will be most welcome, especially regarding additional items of kit I should take to make life a bit more comfy.

Off Topic Feck me sorbs. Have you upset the mafia??:pDT_Xtremez_42:

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
I've done it loads of times, takes 40 minutes in the Toyota Flat Bed if you stick to the 10mph speed limit and don't stop off at the Canadians to try and eat your own bodyweight in free Oreo Cookies from their tea bar. Oh! Make sure you have a fully functional lighter if you intend to tab on the way as there aren't many passers by to ask for one.

K9 is it you that always drives by at speed kicking dust up into my face??? Thats not nice you know I'm gonna puncture your tyres now!! It's lucky I go home on my R and R tonight I tell ya!! (just thought I'd drop that in there)

Hero Worship.

Hero Worship.

K9 is it you that always drives by at speed kicking dust up into my face??? Thats not nice you know I'm gonna puncture your tyres now!! It's lucky I go home on my R and R tonight I tell ya!! (just thought I'd drop that in there)

Not my fault you're face is always adjacent to the dust in hero worship of your peer (you know the one that wears the dodgy sandals with his deserts). Have a good time on your R & R and drink a couple of pints of 'central heating for tramps (cider) for me.

How about laundry facilities?
What's the turn round time so that I know how many pairs of shreddies to take?

It's currently 24hrs turnaround, opens at 07-00 and closes at 21-00.

The Cambridge mess rules have been relaxed now so you can go in in Tshirt and shorts but you're still not allowed to wear gym kit in there (although the spams do).

Oh and apparently all mail parcels back to the UK are being scanned now so if you get caught sending fags back you may get a bollocking, or the parcel just handed back to you by the orderly like I did :)

Last edited:
Anybody had any dealings with a company (Canadian I think) called Atco Frontec? I am led to believe they run the VASS side of things amongst others?

When I was last there I was living 'far far away'. Those of you that have been there will possibly know what I am talking about and we didn't get to the main area much. Where do the contractors live, eat etc? Anyone dealt with them on a regular basis and know much about their setup? I have done the google thing and it spits up the usual corporate nonsense, but I am after a bit of feet on the ground gen if possible.

I am also being told that they run a VASS at Bastion, now unless it has got a feck sight bigger since I was there last year, I think this could be cobblers?

Anything even remotely contentious please feel free to PM me!

Jimps

Last edited:
S

ScottishCop

Anybody got any updates on facilities etc? I might be going there towards end of the year.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Yeah, bring your sand goggles, cos it sometimes gets like this!

Taken 2 Aug at 1100Z......

Attachments

• SNV80228.jpg
    SNV80228.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 0

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Cheers.

4 hours later and its still going strong. Currently very orange in the sky and all around. Gritting your teeth has taken on a whole new meaning!

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Cheers.

4 hours later and its still going strong. Currently very orange in the sky and all around. Gritting your teeth has taken on a whole new meaning!

Do you get a lot of dust devils too? They can be a sight in themselves..:pDT_Xtremez_19:

freebass

LAC
I'm just back from saving the Sky TV dish from been blown away by such a storm......My knapper has now been sand blasted !!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Cheers.

Sod the storm, I'm aghast as to how the fook a VAP works out in the sandpit!

We can't stop them going U/S in the UK, let alone with all that sand!! :pDT_Xtremez_27:

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
I'm off to kandahar in October. Anyone got an idea as to when it starts to get cold? I've looked at various websites but they all seem to have different ideas!

S

ScottishCop

Do you need to take malaria tablets Dec-Apr time?
Doc says no but nurse says yes. Hope not!

freebass

LAC
From what I've been told you only need to take the tablets during the summer months. I however ain't a qualified medical type, so it's not pukka gen.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Looking at the latest prep signal for OP Herrick it states that 1 Mar - 30 Nov is the high risk season for malaria. Basically if you deploy before 30 Nov or start out around 22 Feb it's the little white tablets for you but between those dates you should be free to run around stark naked and medication free. Personally I only take the chloroquine coz paludrine gives me the ****s!