• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gen on Kandahar

B

Bigbyte

Good post Wobbly. I'm going there myself soon and joined this forum for just that sort of info.

Thanks

D

Drachen

Heading out there soon meslf too and wondering what exactly to expect!

Useful Gen thanks.

MingMong

Warrant Officer
Heading out there soon meslf too and wondering what exactly to expect!

Useful Gen thanks.

A read through this thread should tell you most of what you should need to know.

If you have any specific questions then feel free to ask, but your post here is somewhat vague.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Further to the first post, large modern NATO gym has been opened, free Paradigm WiFi available in all blocks (20 mb limit for now) and another DFAC (Far East) serving oriental type nosh.

daron1978

LAC
Thanks for the post and all the info. Im off to KH mid June, finally somewhere different from Basra!!, ive got a couple of questions if anyone can help?

1, Is the WiFi in all the accom blocks?

2, Can you use your Mobile phones out there?

cheers

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Thanks for the post and all the info. Im off to KH mid June, finally somewhere different from Basra!!, ive got a couple of questions if anyone can help?

1, Is the WiFi in all the accom blocks?

2, Can you use your Mobile phones out there?

cheers

1. All the blocks in the Brit Lines, yes.

2. No.

Fearless Leader

Corporal
Herrick

Herrick

I'm going out next year and for my sins I'm attached to the pongoes. I'm wondering whether the accom is tri-service?

I don't mind, but having some RAF sanity in my time off might make my 5-6 months more bearable!

In the meantime thanks for the gen on here, I'm just doing my preps and I'm looking forward to going somewhere sandy. :pDT_Xtremez_26:

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Anyone got any gen on Bastion?

New thread maybe? The one and only cookhouse was slopsville when I passed through earlier this year. Things change rapidly though and with the influx of yanks, the whole place may have improved drastically.

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Do it mate............I have a few amendments to make to the KAF thread with regards to it now being a uniform only det regardless to he fact that you maybe off shift. This is an initiative driven by the army zobs who have to **** everyone off to make them feel like they have a purpose. If only they understood that if they did better at school they could have been in the RAF :)

Fearless Leader

Corporal
I did a det on a Type 42 with 3 other RAF guys and I can remember the puzzled looks on our faces when the senior rate in the Mess asking us why we weren't in 'night rig' after we had finished for the day! So I can't wait to get to KAF and have to put up with the green machine and their muppetry.

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
I did a det on a Type 42 with 3 other RAF guys and I can remember the puzzled looks on our faces when the senior rate in the Mess asking us why we weren't in 'night rig' after we had finished for the day! So I can't wait to get to KAF and have to put up with the green machine and their muppetry.

Ha ha ha ha.. very cleaver :)

Do it mate............I have a few amendments to make to the KAF thread with regards to it now being a uniform only det regardless to he fact that you maybe off shift. This is an initiative driven by the army zobs who have to **** everyone off to make them feel like they have a purpose. If only they understood that if they did better at school they could have been in the RAF :)

Whats the latest from KAF, is the uniform only rule in force now. Is there anybody out there with the latest news from the front, I'm off out there shortly and wouldn't mind some up to date news !

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
We had to put up with the same bollocks when I was stuck out with the Fd Hosp at Basrah in 2007. The only place you could wear civvies was in your tent. The CO of the EAW told the Brigadier to shove it up his hoop and let the boys and girls on the RAF side wear what the hell they wanted. Apparently the idea behind it was to make everyone feel the same as the boys downtown on patrol but they never thought that perhaps when the boys get back from a long dusty walk in the desert they might want to change into soemthing different. I'm off to KAF in June, pity that the Army are playing silly f**kers yet again.