• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brexit Voter - are you happy?

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
The Tories sold everything to their mates. Whom sold it for a quick buck. Sid sold his shares for a quick buck. Your give away pro European statement is bull. We have broken away from the EU. Watch out for that free trade deal with the Indians. Free visas for Indians over Britions for jobs

Firstly, I don’t believe it was “the Tories” that sold your chosen bubble to friends across the channel. It was those that we now know as ‘remainers’ - of all political (and monetary) bias.
(btw , It appears you’re in an airline now instead of handling at an airport - congrats!)
Yes, the change has seen quite some changes in aviation and my company too has lost some foreign business. As my company is quite small (only 50+ staff) we can’t even afford to get any EASA status because they have priced themselves to block companies like us. However, we are now used to the changes and have already ‘grasped the nettle’ of the custom changes and manage our stocks accordingly. All of our aircraft are foreign made and most are from EU manufacturers. It is true, however, that we have less issues sending UK.66 engineers to work in Israel and Nigeria than into EASAland. Despite the negatives of the large and small airline worlds, business for us, a small UK-bound company, remains very much on the up.

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
Firstly, I don’t believe it was “the Tories” that sold your chosen bubble to friends across the channel. It was those that we now know as ‘remainers’ - of all political (and monetary) bias.
(btw , It appears you’re in an airline now instead of handling at an airport - congrats!)
Yes, the change has seen quite some changes in aviation and my company too has lost some foreign business. As my company is quite small (only 50+ staff) we can’t even afford to get any EASA status because they have priced themselves to block companies like us. However, we are now used to the changes and have already ‘grasped the nettle’ of the custom changes and manage our stocks accordingly. All of our aircraft are foreign made and most are from EU manufacturers. It is true, however, that we have less issues sending UK.66 engineers to work in Israel and Nigeria than into EASAland. Despite the negatives of the large and small airline worlds, business for us, a small UK-bound company, remains very much on the up.
What you believe is bull to the facts. Britions sell companies to others for a quick buck. Always have. You do need to get out of your office more. Talking about EASA part 145 status, I had an interesting conversation with a BCAR entry B1 from another company aligned to mine that came and helped me out on a task. His company is a start up so has had both CAA and EASA audits for the approvals they want. He was involved with both and said the EASA one was more though and stronger. Not your old boy network bull. He thought the EASA one was to the higher standard. Business for my
lot is OK, bar the sodding huge debt from COVID.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Two litmus tests that I often use when determining someone's knowledge of the EU are these.

What are the four pillars/principles of the EU?

Who are the five presidents of the EU and what entities are they the presidents of?

I'm betting there's not many who can answer without resorting to Google search.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Most probably have difficulty listing the 27 members.

Whilst I dont think it’s necessary to understand the mechanics of the body, having a balanced view on the impacts on themselves should be a given. Most on both sides have no idea.

Most wont pay £10 for the fast security queue at an aiport but feel happy to thousands a year to use the EI line for a once a year holiday to Spain.

Last edited:

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
Most probably have difficulty listing the 27 members.

Whilst I dont think it’s necessary to understand the mechanics of the body, having a balanced view on the impacts on themselves should be a given. Most on both sides have no idea.

Most wont pay £10 for the fast security queue at an aiport but feel happy to thousands a year to use the EI line for a once a year holiday to Spain.
Correct. Only the Swiss, the turks and the Norwegians on the European mainland are not and 2 of the are in the looser EEA. Freedoms of the top of my head are trade, services, movement. Would have to Google the other. President's are for the various institutions. Comission, parliament, council of ministers and the rotating national presidency's are ones that spring to mind. Most people in this country hardly have a clue on how Westminster actually works either. It was never taught!

Correct. Only the Swiss, the turks and the Norwegians on the European mainland are not and 2 of the are in the looser EEA. Freedoms of the top of my head are trade, services, movement. Would have to Google the other. President's are for the various institutions. Comission, parliament, council of ministers and the rotating national presidency's are ones that spring to mind. Most people in this country hardly have a clue on how Westminster actually works either. It was never taught!
I don't think Bosnia, Montenegro, Moldova, North Macedonia, Albania and Kosovo are in the EU. Maybe a coupleof others.

Yugoslavia bar Croatia. True. They would not have got in.
And bar Slovenia. I believe most of the former Yugoslavia, Albania and a couple of former Soviet republics are working towards membership. I would guess once admitted most would be net takers rather than net contributers so would be good for them.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
San Marino, Monaco, Gibraltar The Vatican and Andorra are mainland European states that aren’t in the EU, Belorussian, Ukraine, Moldova, A Bit of Turkey and a chunk of Russia are also located on mainland Europe yet remain outside of the EU.

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
San Marino, Monaco, Gibraltar The Vatican and Andorra are mainland European states that aren’t in the EU, Belorussian, Ukraine, Moldova, A Bit of Turkey and a chunk of Russia are also located on mainland Europe yet remain outside of the EU.
Gibraltar of course has a special arrangement. Then again nobody in the EU would have Russia, Belorussia or Turkey join it.