• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Blue' Combats! Is this true??

'Blue' Combats! Is this true??

• Total voters

biscuit

LAC
being trialled by the line at swingwing ocu, would look alright if they actually got stuff that fitted them rather than a mishmash of 2 sizes too big/small:pDT_Xtremez_31:

the lovetoad

Sergeant
Subscriber
I've seen it being trialled too...do i win a prize?
I was in kwik-fit getting my tyres done and.....................errr hang on!!

TAFFYAPPLES86

LAC
Subscriber
Blue PCS

Blue PCS

Its very much true, couple of bods knocking about here at the most northern RAF camp, looks horrendous. Apparently its a trial but still, whats the matter with No 2 dress?

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
THere was the usual poor devil on guard at a well-known West Midlands training depot if that's what they do there these days), guarding ther airfield gate. His 'combat' outfit was nothing like the usual Camo, but sort-of concrete & moss colour with misc squares.
If he had not been wearing an RAF Beret, I would not have thought him one of ours. . .

Elwood

SAC
Now I may be completely wrong here, but I thought that the blue PCS was going to be issued to those who work predominantly outside, as the 'ensemble' would come with matching goretex, cold weather liners, gloves etc. This was to replace the current green coverall, CS95 camo fleece, black gloves and green goretex mish mash that the lineys currently have to resort to. If this is the case, for once someone has thought this through!If, on the other hand the blue PCS is a straight 1 for 1 swap with the 'combat uniform' stuff, then I agree, it's a barking mad idea!

Having cut around in blues last week and PCS this week I can safely say it's a no brainier for me.
Last week - positively hypothermic in wooly pulley, thin jacket and no gloves (had some blue wooly once many moons ago but long since lost).
This week - roasty toasty with softie under nice big warm jacket with option of very Gucci waterproof jacket ontop. Also so many pockets you keep finding more, including zipped pockets all over and ones with nice fleecy hand warmers inside (not that I needed them though as could wear new PCS gloves).

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
slightly Off Topic but go to clothing stores and get a pair of leather gloves that go with your No2's.
Back on topic this uniform was designed for techies i believe, I dont think its for everyone.

Trusty Adjusty

Corporal
Back on topic this uniform was designed for techies i believe, I dont think its for everyone.

Do you not know? Everyone is a Technician in the RAF! We have:

Egg frying Technician
Automobile Directional Determination Technician
Stationary Technician
Outer garment procurement Technician

All are registered with the Engineering Council, obtain a relevant NVQ and yes, you guessed it, get access to the lucrative and once coveted higher pay band!

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Do you not know? Everyone is a Technician in the RAF! We have:

Egg frying Technician
Automobile Directional Determination Technician
Stationary Technician
Outer garment procurement Technician

All are registered with the Engineering Council, obtain a relevant NVQ and yes, you guessed it, get access to the lucrative and once coveted higher pay band!

Will AIPs be authorised?

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
2 of my lads are trialling it. They look like total douchebags.....

Saw some SACs walking around Brize in it today. And to be honest they looked like total ball bags. Untidy, and creased to fcuk. Awful.
If it comes in it'll make the RAF look like an absolute laughing stock, in my opinion.

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
usual

usual

Saw some SACs walking around Brize in it today. And to be honest they looked like total ball bags. Untidy, and creased to fcuk. Awful.
If it comes in it'll make the RAF look like an absolute laughing stock, in my opinion.

Back in my day that was the usual look for an SAC, proper ones anyway!

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
My lads who are trialling it are actually really liking it.... They do look like Serco employees though.

I bet it still looks smarter than green denims, people need to realise that this is what it is being trialled to replace not 2A dress. I can bet the people complaining about how it looks are those who sit in a nice warm office all day whilst wearing clippy cloppy shoes, stable belts and chip hats.

It is going to be worn on the flight line where to be perfectly honest, softies excepted, the quality of environmental protection afforded to the lads by their clothing has been severely lacking for some time. It's about time that some new working dress for those outside was introduced. A second set of MTP stuff would be fine but I'd imagine that the powers that be wish to differentiate us from our single digit IQ brethren in the army hence the colour.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The point they have identified is they still have to denim up as they don't want the blue PCS getting soaked in oil/grime which kind of defeats the point....

Well the point of it is that it's there to get oiled and greased up just like denims, if it gets excessively soiled it gets exchanged. What next are we gonna have cellophane left on the denims incase they get soiled too.

miniboo

SAC
Isn't the point so that the guys who would normally wear denims don't have to get changed to go to the mess. BUT if they get dirty then they would surely have to get changed anyway?

I say just keep denims and maybe add a winter set of overall type stuff. I saw a gen eng guy the other day with a fully padded set of overall still on.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2