• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Blue' Combats! Is this true??

'Blue' Combats! Is this true??

• Total voters

I have heard a few times that we (the RAF) may be getting Blue versions of the new MTP Combats!! Is this really just a rumour or is there some truth in it?

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I heard off a mate that knows someone who works for defence clothing saying he heard a rumour in the tea bar there that they weren't blue...... but actually avocado.

ScoobTech

Sergeant
Why the feck would anyone want us to wear blue combats, the whole point of them is to make you more difficult to spot when it goes horribly wrong. Stick with No.2 dress around Camp. The Pongos are going that way anyway, as it is difficult to put razer sharp creases in PCS.

sp4rks

SAC
Bwaaahaaahaahaaa

I heard that years ago, is it still going round. How American would we be then.

**** that!

Climebear

Flight Sergeant
I have heard a few times that we (the RAF) may be getting Blue versions of the new MTP Combats!! Is this really just a rumour or is there some truth in it?

'twas mention on the Cyprus in CS95 thread a while back: http://www.e-goat.co.uk/forums/show...for-CBF-Cyprus&p=536533&highlight=#post536533

IIRC the rational is to address the concerns expressed by many across the Service that No2 Dress was not appropriate as their normal working dress because their duties were far too arduous for either that or coveralls (mainly as a justification for why they must wear CS95/PCS while serving on a UK MOB (stand fast the RAF Regt)). As the AFBSC's intent is for us to be a Service that predominantly wears blue, the clothing chaps/chapesses are trying to identify a way of providing fit-for-purpose blue uniform that meets this requirement.

If it makes those people look like a bunch of d1cks, then - perhaps - they should have been more careful what they wished for.

For those with access to the Intranet it is mentioned under Item 5 of the Meeting of the RAF Clothing and Dress Policy Committee held on 5 Jul 11. Available from the Uniform Clothing Policy and Supply Monitoring Role Office intranet Website.

Last edited:

Pikeman

Cider one of the five
1000+ Posts
We could get the Russian urban cammo of BF 3 and look well Ally!

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I heard that they would be purple to continue the theme of jointery, the working group that sanctioned it also stated that all future battles would be fought in Lilac or lavender fields.

Climebear

Flight Sergeant
I heard that they would be purple to continue the theme of jointery, the working group that sanctioned it also stated that all future battles would be fought in Lilac or lavender fields.

Ahh but under current practice, the colour purple has been rebranded as just a deeper shade of GREEN.

squipper

Corporal
Indeed the trial starts on units in May and runs through to Jul 12.....A few areas on the big transport base have been chosen for the trial already!!

Last edited:

Blue for the boys and pink for the girls.
Nothing would supprise me these days!! But seriously, I would have thought if anything, it would save a fortune if we all, (RAF, Army & Navy) wore combats instead of Blues etc. Just have a Number 1 uniform for Parades etc. (Awaits the debate!!)

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Grumps, give it up. You've retired, let it go.:pDT_Xtremez_28:
attachment.php
He looked like that as a liney on the Doms.

ScoobTech

Sergeant
it would save a fortune if we all, (RAF, Army & Navy) wore combats instead of Blues etc. Just have a Number 1 uniform for Parades etc. (Awaits the debate!!)
Ah but there is a flaw in your cunning plan, not so much for the RAF but for the Pongos and Marines. The RSMs do not like PCS, because it is ironed flat with no creases, and the shirt to be worn outside the trousers, so in their eyes looks really scruffy. From what I have seen here were I am at the moment, the couple of people who have tried to iron creases into it make it look worst. The answer in every letter I have read in soldier mag, is if you feel that PCS is to scruffy for use in barracks go to barrack dress.

Craig855s

Sergeant
I'd happily wear MTP coloured old style shirt and trousers with black magnum boots day to day. I've not worn PCS yet so cant comment on its comfort and smartness but i think the CS95 style is very comfy, can have creases put in it, and looks perfectly "smart and military". Blues are uncomfy and only good for sitting behind a desk. And the idea of blue combats is just idiotic.