• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Blue' Combats! Is this true??

'Blue' Combats! Is this true??

• Total voters

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
You could buy big brass zips things to lace into your boots in the NAAFI at one time, thereby making them easier and quicker to take off and put on. Also in these modern 21st century days many people have never had to tie laces so have never learned, velcro is king for some, whilst others just see the laces as a fashion item that is not there to be tied, merely viewed. Baseball caps are part of the uniform of the street so todays yoof won't mind the introduction of them one little bit.

You still can,I had them in my boots when I was in,made it easier to get them on & off,especially when doing sleeping duties like Duty Plumb when the hooter went off.

TrickyTree

Sergeant
...BUT not those gay ones with RAF on them, only green or desert.
Some of us are old enough to remember the green ones coming in and all the then "old and bold" saying
"...BUT not those gay [green] ones, only "blue-grey".

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose!

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Didnt the Navy make the mistake of buying cheap sh!t uniform before the last Falklands War? It turned out to be useless and being polyester melted to the sailors skin. I am sure velcro will melt into a nice mess should the worst happen. History repeating itself again.....

Max

Sergeant
Some of us are old enough to remember the green ones coming in and all the then "old and bold" saying
"...BUT not those gay [green] ones, only "blue-grey".

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose!

It's not the colour I'm referring to, it's the fact that they have been embroidered(probably at great expense) with Royal Air Force. I don't believe that was on there when you had them back in the day? I don't need reminding which service I joined (Yet).

Ning

LAC
Sorry

Sorry

Just to bring a necro thread back to life,RAF Benson is doing trials just now (3 Months), looks like the new MTP stuff but Dark Blue (Same colour as GP Jacket)

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I was led to believe that a large truck-driving organisation just off the A1 would be trialling it - however knowing them, they'd probably want to wear it with chip hats, stable belts and clippy cloppy bulled shoes, as "appearance is everything"!

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I've seen someone from the RAF Clothing trials bods wearing them... they look fcuking ridiculous.

There will of course be all the bellends that like wearing that sort of sh1t, rather than normal blues as they think it makes the look nails... duty medic, Door slammers those sort of strokers. Here is a pic of it... (not a very good one, but enough to give you an idea...)

Attachments

• new raf kit1.jpg
    new raf kit1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Just to bring a necro thread back to life,RAF Benson is doing trials just now (3 Months), looks like the new MTP stuff but Dark Blue (Same colour as GP Jacket)

Here's a question:

If the RAF absolutely has to create a special blue 'combat' uniform; why blue in PCS cut, which is designed to work with CBA and be worn while hiding in ditches and shooting bad guys, and not blue in CS95 cut, which can be ironed with creases and starched and polished and isn't optimised for body drama wearers? (unless the intention is to wear osprey AT ALL TIMES from now on :0)

Edit: and I've just seen the picture...:pDT_Xtremez_42:

G

grumpyoldb

That reminds me of the old dark blue techie shirt. They were 'orrible too.

Odie

Sergeant
What a f**king monkey's abortion that looks. :pDT_Xtremez_42: What tuggers in the upper echelons looked at it and thought to themselves, "That looks the business"? :pDT_Xtremez_14:

ScoobTech

Sergeant
Money saving at it's best, Means there is only one uniform with 2 colours. The army will wear the DPM version, and the RAF and Navy will wear the dark blue version until it all kicks off, and then wear the DPM version.

At least we won't have to iron creases in anything. The only downside will be we will end up wearing black boots instead of the brown ones. But that will give the throbbers something to bull up to a mirror finish.

It will look ok new, but as soon as it has been throught the wash half a dozen times it will start looking sh1te.