• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2010 P!ss up

2010 P!ss up

• Total voters

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
Brunty is a nice idea BUT..................................there is the British weather factor. We are currently in whiteout conditions again, just when we thought the bl00dy snow had gone.

Yep agreed... lincoln and a nice warm hotel room/gash room on camp for this cat!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Yep agreed... lincoln and a nice warm hotel room/gash room on camp for this cat!

I must admit that shivering my manly t1ts off on an old airfield is 'unattractive' whereas drinking in an environment with a roof and beer pumps is more desirable...

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Brunty is a nice idea BUT..................................there is the British weather factor. We are currently in whiteout conditions again, just when we thought the bl00dy snow had gone.

And it will be snowing in May then?

Or June.

Or July?

The more time to plan, the better!!

TW

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
I must admit that shivering my manly t1ts off on an old airfield is 'unattractive' whereas drinking in an environment with a roof and beer pumps is more desirable...

I don't know. Is it because your not aquainted to living in a tent like the rest of the RAF is nowadays mate? ;)

Sergeant
i have never been on a e-goat beer call can i come? im willing to pass over real cash, any where any time.please tell me the wife isnt allowed.
on a serious note bruntlingthorpe wough be blinding been going for the last few years to lightning preservation group its all there.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Well I'm sure there are places near Brunty with a fcuking roof and serve beer...........

G

grumpyoldb

I like my creature comforts, so I've gone for the warm bed option.
Drinking out in the cold just makes me fill my bottle too often. :pDT_Xtremez_42:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
A tent roof and a slab I hope?

It would be just like MaxEval over over again........

What more you could ask for..

Some decent aircraft around you....

Loads of sandbags being pulled up....

Loads of booze.....

sleeping in a maggot.....

Bloody heaven ubnless you are botter aircrew or stewards.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
It would be just like MaxEval over over again........

What more you could ask for..

Some decent aircraft around you....

Loads of sandbags being pulled up....

Loads of booze.....

sleeping in a maggot.....

Bloody heaven ubnless you are botter aircrew or stewards.

I think it's a cracking idea!

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Brunters it is!

Brunters it is!

On second thoughts, yes a Goat Gathering near home would make it easy for me....

However, the prospect of a night under canvas with a roaring fire and a slab of beer will take me back to the good old days (although Chinnys not Lightnings were frame of choice!)

Surely someone could 'borrow' a few 12x12s and a heater or two for the weekend?:pDT_Xtremez_30:

HTB

G

grumpyoldb

Excellent chance of rain,women biatching about cold, midges biting their flue, no mirrors to fix the make-up...............oh sorry, we aren't inviting PTI's, are we? Gropeing about in the dark.................OK. I'll go with that one. :pDT_Xtremez_42:

How about Sat afternoon at Brunty, then an evening at a local hotel, or Sat evening hotel and Sunday at Brunty?

Or we could just go to RAF Lincolnshire. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
Surely someone could 'borrow' a few 12x12s and a heater or two for the weekend?:pDT_Xtremez_30:

HTB

Ha you'd think eh?? Unit's dont even hold their own any more. They are all held at Stafford (I believe) and you have to loan them for what ever event they are required for. Crap you cant even get a tent these days!

G

grumpyoldb

And it will be snowing in May then?

Or June.

Or July?

The more time to plan, the better!!

TW

With the cut backs that we are facing under the current gobernment, anything is possible. When was the last time that we had a decent british summer? When was the last time that we could have a BBQ in this country?

Are we going to have an enjoyable evening together, or a washout?

I know which I would prefer.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
I see the mamby pamby gayers are currently winning this poll........ok..how about 2 meets.............one for gayers in hotels in Lincoln/Cosford...wherever the poof decide.....

and

One for the men who appreciate real aircraft, beer and food and will have a great time under canvas (IF needed !!)

?????

Crack on.........................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
I see the mamby pamby gayers are currently winning this poll........ok..how about 2 meets.............one for gayers in hotels in Lincoln/Cosford...wherever the poof decide.....

and

One for the men who appreciate real aircraft, beer and food and will have a great time under canvas (IF needed !!)

?????

Crack on.........................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Ah, the smell of warm Avtur and BBQ. Techy/Puff split coming on!