• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2010 P!ss up

2010 P!ss up

• Total voters
E

elnino

Anyone know if there will be a " Goaters " P!ss up this year as I was unable to make last years due to marriage commitments...ie getting divorced!!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
'Generally we are happy to suggest dates and venues but the feedback has never quite matched the actual turnout historically...All the E-Goat mod'ing team are volunteers so whe we put in the effort to pitch up in a corner of the country for a meet and only a small percentage of the pre-noted membership turns up it makes us cautious of doing another...

Still, if the membership want another go then give us some ideas of which part of the country you might want it in and we'll have a look at it....

Killer Queen

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
I can only speak for my self. I would love to attend another goat get together.

However as many of us are aware we are at the mercy of others (Whitehall!!!!)

Al lot of it may come down to advance notice this would assist myself not sure about others.

What about it mods?:pDT_Xtremez_42:

G

grumpyoldb

Somewhere central would be good....................... Lincoln?

A nominal fee pre-paid would probably give a better chance of arrivals...........wouldn't it? Would be nice to put some faces to names. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

E

elnino

A nominal fee pre-paid would probably give a better chance of arrivals...........wouldn't it? Would be nice to put some faces to names. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Yeah I am all for that idea of a pre- paid fee, as for location I wouldnt mind having to travel a few hours.

shiny_arse

SAS Inspector

Seconded - have fancied the other do's, but would struggle to get down to Wilts as was the last one due to joy of bairns!!

Anyroad, lets see where it pans out eh?

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Central?

Central?

How much more central can you get than the midlands!

How about a Shifnal Shuffle.... there's enough goaters that live there, we could rustle up some accommodation at a nearby secret training camp... even if it means emptying out my garage!:pDT_Xtremez_42:

HTB

theladf

Cynic & Conspiracy Theorist
I'm up for it wherever, I did suggest Bruntingthorpe area, (reasonably central) and tie it in with one of the open days for 320Psi and the gang running their Lightnings, then we can get proper 'back in the day' :pDT_Xtremez_19:

G

gemarriott

I'm up for it wherever, I did suggest Bruntingthorpe area, (reasonably central) and tie it in with one of the open days for 320Psi and the gang running their Lightnings, then we can get proper 'back in the day' :pDT_Xtremez_19:

Excellent idea, a tent to crash in, a couple of cut down oildrums for the barbie and everyone bring some ale.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Excellent idea, a tent to crash in, a couple of cut down oildrums for the barbie and everyone bring some ale.

And a perfect way to get Goaters more involved with their heritage.

A brilliant idea :pDT_Xtremez_30:

TW

G

grumpyoldb

OK, so we have the accom sorted, the booze and the grub. Any suggestions for some good old fashioned debauchery? :pDT_Xtremez_15:

P

pie sandwich

Also a free pint or two to any old duffers who not only still have their old uniform but can still fit into it and wear it to the meet. Gem will have to dig out his puttys and battle dress (the old hairy marys I think):pDT_Xtremez_14:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I think this Brunty idea is bloody brilliant!!!

Now where do we find some cheap burds to join us?

G

gemarriott

Also a free pint or two to any old duffers who not only still have their old uniform but can still fit into it and wear it to the meet. Gem will have to dig out his puttys and battle dress (the old hairy marys I think):pDT_Xtremez_14:

I shouldn't laugh but yes I was issued puttees, hairy mary battledress and issue shreddies and PJs:pDT_Xtremez_42:

back to the p1ss up idea if Bruntingthorpe is a no go maybe Cosford would be a better bet than Lincoln.