• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who has the most medals?

Who has the most medals?

• Total voters
T

tg3 jafad

I've only ever seen one guy with a Silver Jubilee medal, bearing in mind it was a mere 15 years before I joined up, so a lot of my NCOs/Snecs were in the mob then. The bloke in question was a soon-to-retire Air Commode when I worked for him 6 years ago, so was probably a sqn boss at the time. From what I hear there were as few as half-a-dozen per unit. Mind you, what they saved in quantity they made up for in quality.

my old man had one, (im a scaley so shoot me) he was serving at Farnbough, stn cdr received his job lot and walked into the tea bar dropped them on table and helped himself to a mug of char,

Jenga

LAC
How so? I've done 13 years in a few weeks and i didn't qualify for the Golden Jubilee!?
Qualifying criteria

Awarded to personnel of the Regular, Reserve and Cadet forces who were in effective service on 6 February 2002, who had completed 5 full calendar years reckonable service and were properly enlisted on or before 7 February 1997.

The medal was issued un-named.

Erm, probably because he posted that back in 2007?

Oh, and only 5 here, probably because I'm a REMFy TG4 dealer of computerised goodness and password resets.

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
How so? I've done 13 years in a few weeks and i didn't qualify for the Golden Jubilee!?
Qualifying criteria

Awarded to personnel of the Regular, Reserve and Cadet forces who were in effective service on 6 February 2002, who had completed 5 full calendar years reckonable service and were properly enlisted on or before 7 February 1997.

The medal was issued un-named.

Time for the Queen doesn't count if that applies to you, the wife missed out on GJ for that reason

C

CC

I've just picked up my 3rd medal after 14 years' Service (I might even get a 4th later this year, we'll see).

An old wobbly orange of mine had 12, mostly for being in the right place at the right time. As a young-ish SAC he was posted to a helicopter sqn, and within weeks flew out with them to Southern Rhodesia (as it then was). Add a posting to NI (2 medals for that), long gong, Gulf War I (Cyprus), MBE, MSM, Jubilee, Former Yugoslavia (Gioia del Colle), and probably one or 2 others I've forgotten about and he became the most decorated clerk in recent RAF history.

Ha Ha, I think I've now worked out who you are TBJ. This WO actually had 7 medals; MBE, Gulf 91, FRY, Rhodesia, GJM, MSM and LS&GC.

I've got 5:

GSM NI
OSM Afghan WC
GJM
ACSM - (not solely earned for being on the **** in Ballymena!)
LS&GC

No NATO bling for me.

Just a quick one, after reading these posts, you can now qualify for the OSM as long as you have a cumulative total of 45 days in Th. Not sure what the minimum stay in Th is (more than 2 days possibly)

Also, wait until 2012 when the Diamond Jubilee Medal is awarded. Rumour is people who already have the GJM will get a clasp to their GJM whilst people without the GJM will get a new medal. No doubt there will be some qualification criteria so some new bods may not get this one.

Finally; the best set of medals I've ever seen to an RAF serviceman:

Attachments

• Ultimate Modern Medal rack.jpg
    Ultimate Modern Medal rack.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 5

Kiwistacker

Clinically Insane
I have 8.

Gulf medal
GSM (Air Ops Iraq)
Kuwait medal
Afghanistan
Golden Jubilee chocolate medal
RAF LS&GC
RNZAF LS&GC
NZ Defence Medal.

My two LSGC's are identical and sit side by side which raises a few questions every now and then. Seemingly RNZAF service can't go to an RAF medal so they gave me another.

Attachments

• gongs.jpg
    gongs.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 3
Who has the most medals?

I have an even 8 when I go this Nov after 22 years. In order of receipt:

GSM (Air Ops Iraq)
NATO (Former Yugoslavia)
NATO (Kosovo)
Queen Golden Jubilee
LS&GCM
OSM Afghanistan
Queen Diamond Jubilee
NATO (Op Ellamy)

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
What was the qualifying boundaries for the Ellamy gong?

What was the qualifying boundaries for the Ellamy gong?

Haven't got a reference from the DIN, etal so don't quote me on the follow but I know it includes something like 30+days accumulative at Cyprus, Southern Italy (Gioia/Poggio etc). Different for aircrew as award was based on number of sorties (me thinks). Me, almost 8 weeks continous in Aki with 5(AC) at the time.

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
Mine recently Court Mounted:

1006825c.jpg

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Glad I left when I did now - I have two: LSM and GW1& clasp (with the other two that we can't wear...)

I prefer a less adventurous lifestyle.

Smiler1

LAC
Very proud of my service and double chuffed of the lads I did it with : )

Very proud of my service and double chuffed of the lads I did it with : )

10415551_10152882367009515_4883683038540733730_n.jpg

Here is my rack : )

sulky

SAC
wow thats a nice rack, love the presentation,

heres mine below got the last one (ACSM) 4 years ago, while still a JT , only 18 months till 22, so hopefully wont get any more (stay in there Lizzy), its getting expensive!!

m2.jpg

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Congrats all those still serving, you've started the qualification for the next mint chocolate medal in 2022 if your still in then! 5 years qualification started on 06 Feb 2017

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
New rules? What are they then? (I have mine under the old)

you now get a bar to your long gong after 10 years instead of 15 so if you got it on the old system you will get another bar 5 years later i.e. 15 years LSGC, 25 years BAR 35 years BAR