• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who has the most medals?

Who has the most medals?

• Total voters

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
sadly there is no gong for being a god damn sootie hero. hell id have at least 3. it would be the most over produced medal as we are so good! Without thrust insider she's just a glider! (well brick if its a tonka)

H

Homer's Right Hand Man

3 (inc the Jubilee one) in 15 years. Should get the Long Service one soon to make it 4.

M

MACC LAD

five medals or could be six not counted them, nvr got presented them though always found them in my mail slot after getting back from lve bar the last few which had to sign for off an sac in admin air ops iraq was easiest made ever 4 months in bahrain get in !!!

P

POB

From what I gather, the Silver Jubilee medal was handed out haphazrd......only a few 'lucky' people got them.

Thats true...It was handed to each Stn Cdr to decide...Obviously he got one then a few of his mates, then a few that were doing well at the time. At least thats what I was told by a recipient of the '77 one.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Thats true...It was handed to each Stn Cdr to decide...Obviously he got one then a few of his mates, then a few that were doing well at the time. At least thats what I was told by a recipient of the '77 one.

I've only ever seen one guy with a Silver Jubilee medal, bearing in mind it was a mere 15 years before I joined up, so a lot of my NCOs/Snecs were in the mob then. The bloke in question was a soon-to-retire Air Commode when I worked for him 6 years ago, so was probably a sqn boss at the time. From what I hear there were as few as half-a-dozen per unit. Mind you, what they saved in quantity they made up for in quality.

230Tiger

Sergeant
Just the three in 23 years - GW1 (the legal war!!), Long gong and golden jublee. Plus the Saudi and Kuwaiti things!

No one on 7 Sqn posted yet then? A couple of them guys have bloody chestfulls!!

Get Tae

Flight Sergeant
Appologies I have entered that wrong. Its 5 not 7. First Gulf War, second Gulf war, Air Ops Iraq, Long gong and Golden choc medal.
I can only wear 5 of them unless I am in mess dress as one is from Saudi and one from Kuwait, oh plus one I got awarded from the yanks so that makes actually 5 I can wear on No.1s and 8 on mess dress. Thats in 21 years man and lad.

Sorry am at work today and am confused as usual!!:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
On the flip side, the last (I think) TG 10 WO has just left after 37 years service with the Golden Jubilee medal to show for his efforts!!

Off Topic There is still at least one TG10 WO the amazing alec at the west midlands training college is TG10.Off Topic

Back to the thread - 23 years 2 gongs. Undiscovered crime and Golden jubilee. Have lost the jubilee one already.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Talking to 2 Royals from 45 today back from 'stan Thursday. Bet they just get the same gong as the party people up north.....

3Chordwonder

Of the 4 I have, my UN Fmr Yugo is my favourite...

...2 months in the Darragona Hotel in Conversano, perfecting how to order a bottle Chianti and a pizza.

Genius.

Major Geek

Sergeant
I can only wear 5 of them unless I am in mess dress as one is from Saudi and one from Kuwait, oh plus one I got awarded from the yanks so that makes actually 5 I can wear on No.1s and 8 on mess dress......

I never knew there were different rules for medals on No1 and Mess Kit. Thought the Saudi & Kuwait ones were just for display and were not to be worn. I take it you can get miniature versions then?

W

wgaf

Got 2 in 18 yrs NI and Jubilee, been told by a w/c at pma that I'll not get a LSGCM "as long as I've got a hole in my @rse" His words not mine:pDT_Xtremez_30: .
Got a mate of mine whose been in the marines 20 odd years and it was a bit emberrassing going to a mates funeral a couple of years back, we both turned up and I had 1 medal and he was at the end of his 2nd row:raf: .

7 in 10 ie 1994 - 2003 ...and I wonder why I'm worn out ? It all came about with a posting to RAF Stafford and some wonderful 'long distance dets'

No 1 was 1994 - LS&GCM which in itself was a little bit dubious as there was a tiny little dent in my conduct record, but apparently because it had'nt dropped below Very Good then it was deemed by the powers that be it should be awarded.

No 2 - 1995 UN Medal (Green for the trees, brown for the earth, red for the blood, thats the description of the ribbon) Although through my experience it was Ploce for the canoes - it flooded, Mt Igman for the snow, ice and the -40c temps, Sarajevo for burying their dead in the middle of the football stadium then Mostar not having a single house left with a roof on - Still got my pretty powder blue hat - very fetching.

No 3 - 1996 FRY - You'd think I'd have learnt my lesson from Medal No2, but no, this time Split, Gornji Vakuf, Mrkonjic Grad and when all added up, nearly a year at Gioia-del-Colle

No 4 - 1997 GSM Air Operations Iraq - Ali Al Salem, but then only several times and then again only when not sorting out Al Kharj after nearly getting blown up at Khobar Towers in Dhahran - quite a sandy year !

No 5 - 1999 Kosovo, Pristina APOD - Living, in a swamp - and Working, next to those pesky Russians ! (they nicked my gear you know ! )

No 6 - Golden Jubilee

No 7 - 2003 Iraq (with rosette) - Ahmed Al Jaber for all the silly behaviour, SCUDS, NAPs, Air Attack Reds, then out and about across the border to various Umm Qasr-ish type places - (but always back to Kuwait, Camp Doha for the pizzas !)

(They would'nt give me No 8 - That would have been Afghanistan 2002, but because we were living in 'comfortable' Camp Souter instead of Bagram just down the road, we did'nt qualify ! )

Anyhow, thats the story(s) ..and I know I'm not on my own, Mess do's at Stafford used to be a very 'colourful affair'

TFH

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Off Topic There is still at least one TG10 WO the amazing alec at the west midlands training college is TG10.Off Topic QUOTE]

If you're talking about the guy who's currently OOA in the Balkans that's not technically true. He was a FS when TG10 were assimilated into TG17, so on paper he's TG17. The fact that he's only ever done TG10 jobs is irrelevant. He could be your Chf Clk one day.