• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who has the most medals?

Who has the most medals?

• Total voters
A

auchtermuchty

Managed a grand total of 3 in 16 1/2!

Then again i have had some of the cushiest jobs the RAF has to offer.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
10? 17? Am I alone in being confused with this? Can we have a definitive list of trade groups on the goat please!!

TG10 is/was RAF Admin, the chaps who used to run Guardrooms, guard duties etc. The trade was discontinued in the 90's and they were offered redundancy or assimilation into TG17; some remained in TG10 but would never have been signed on beyond their extant TOS. I think they're all gone now!

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
TG10 is/was RAF Admin, the chaps who used to run Guardrooms, guard duties etc. The trade was discontinued in the 90's and they were offered redundancy or assimilation into TG17; some remained in TG10 but would never have been signed on beyond their extant TOS. I think they're all gone now!

Off Topic AFAIK only the WOs were allowed to remain as RAF Admin. The last 2 get their redundancy pay-outs in a couple of weeks. We should never have got rid of them. I've only just managed to avoid being sent on the DI course myself, and units are poorer places without people to paint the grass green, etc.

Get Tae

Flight Sergeant
I never knew there were different rules for medals on No1 and Mess Kit. Thought the Saudi & Kuwait ones were just for display and were not to be worn. I take it you can get miniature versions then?

Aye you can wear ones from other nations on mess dress, I got minatures from the BX on my last trip to Sig, you can get them on yank ebay if you are that way inclined.

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
Only 3 in 17 years - Queen's G. Jubilee, Air Ops Iraq & Long Gong. Mind you that's more than Cosford's Commandant's got - check it out!!!!!!

Yid

LAC
Yid

Yid

3 medals in 27 years, Iraq, Good Boy and you can all have one. Last TG10 now gone, retired early 2007.

R

rodger-dodger

Doh!

Doh!

3 for me,

1 x FYR, four months on the lash in Italia, Brill.:pDT_Xtremez_35:
1 x QGJM, in christmas tree dec's box in the attic. :pDT_Xtremez_42:
1 x LSGC, escaped and evadid at every opportunity:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Two tours in the sun, eight months of my life contributing to the war effort and and don't qualify for a gong as it's not scary enough, trust me down town sunnyville is scary, especially when your pished and trying not to get found by the FS discip and Fed. :pDT_Xtremez_30:

N

nashetho

1 for me Iraq with bar -in 4 years auggie service:pDT_Xtremez_34: .

Who?

SNCO Odds and Sods
4½ Two bars on one medal....
GSM NI and Air Ops Iraq
Telic with clasp
OSM Afghanistan
Golden Chocolate

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
So if us lowly mortals have got an average of 3 medals (according to the poll), how come

"Commandant
Air Commodore
NW Gammon
MA MSc BSc CEng FRAeS MCMI RAF", (the Staish at Cosford) only has a Golden Jubile medal???????

W

Wing boy

So if us lowly mortals have got an average of 3 medals (according to the poll), how come

"Commandant
Air Commodore
NW Gammon
MA MSc BSc CEng FRAeS MCMI RAF", (the Staish at Cosford) only has a Golden Jubile medal???????

It may be a bit useless but surely he deserves respect for one thing..

No long service and good conduct medal...... What did he do?

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve

Officers don't get the LS&GC but they can wear them if they received them before being commissioned.

I've only got the LS&GC and Golden Jubilee and I'm happy.

W

Wing boy

Ah poop, I thought we would read summat juicy about an Air Commodore.

B

binar_one

Got 4 in 17 years, It's not going to go to 5 as I was caught!!!

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd

Don't get me wrong, I've only got 1 campaign medal, but he reminds me of Melched in Black Adder goes forth when he said "don't worry I'll be right behind you when you go over the top, several hundred miles behind".

Whilst we're on the subject, where did Prince Charles get all his???????

M

MyShineyAr$e

If you're talking about the guy who's currently OOA in the Balkans that's not technically true. He was a FS when TG10 were assimilated into TG17, so on paper he's TG17. The fact that he's only ever done TG10 jobs is irrelevant. He could be your Chf Clk one day.

Off Topic Not my Chf Clk, but my SWO. You wouldn't beleive how calm the place is at the moment.

Back on subject, I'm a clanger with 2 to show for 9 years of servitude. Op BOLTON and Op ALTHEA. Stores weren't going to mount my ALTHEA one I had to provide them with proof I could wear it!!!

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Off Topic Not my Chf Clk, but my SWO. You wouldn't beleive how calm the place is at the moment.

Back on subject, I'm a clanger with 2 to show for 9 years of servitude. Op BOLTON and Op ALTHEA. Stores weren't going to mount my ALTHEA one I had to provide them with proof I could wear it!!!

Really? I haven't fought that battle yet. Where do I find the proof? I'm assuming it hasn't made it into the Vol 4 yet.