• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whining Civvie Coppers

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
Cannot believe the outcry over the fact that some police had to stay in these horrific conditions for a couple of days!

Cannot remember the outcry when we were drafted in for the olympics with some staying in much worse for much longer.

If they want to save money then stop forking out for hotels for these people and get a reality check.

In some news reports these conditions were described as like 'refugee camps'. They've obviously never been to a refugee camp.

Rant over

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Cannot believe the outcry over the fact that some police had to stay in these horrific conditions for a couple of days!

Cannot remember the outcry when we were drafted in for the olympics with some staying in much worse for much longer.

If they want to save money then stop forking out for hotels for these people and get a reality check.

In some news reports these conditions were described as like 'refugee camps'. They've obviously never been to a refugee camp.

Rant over

Completely agree. Perhaps Servicemen and women should post pictures online of some of the accommodation they have had to stay in over the years and then ask what the Police are moaning about...I've got some choice pics of the hangar at Basrah Airport that would be a good starter for 10 and I am sure that there were places that were far worse than that..

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I saw this yesterday and was torn to be honest....

Yes I've stayed in much worse, and for much longer, but for me they aren't in the Armed Forces where you expect that kind of environment and they are in the UK, not the 'Stan....

So I'm undecided....

penfold93

Staff member
Subscriber
I saw this yesterday and was torn to be honest....

Yes I've stayed in much worse, and for much longer, but for me they aren't in the Armed Forces where you expect that kind of environment and they are in the UK, not the 'Stan....

So I'm undecided....

Thing is mate, my Olympics example stands guys and girls were in sh1t conditions for weeks, when we help out with floods, fireman strikes etc this is the accommodation we get in the UK nothing to do with OOA

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
I'm 100% behind the civvy coppers - why should they have to live in a gymnasium with a 5 toilets for 300 people? They are human beings at the end of the day and prisoners are treated better than what they were expected to live in.

And the argument that you had it worse at the Olympics or we had it worse elsewhere doesn't hold water either, the difference being is that someone raised their head above the parapet and chose to do something about it in stead of just getting on with it and accepting the **** conditions.

Maybe if we had more people not frightened of damaging their career the lads and lasses of the military will get better conditions too.

Further, from what i have read is the coppers did not go into hotels, they were provided accomm at a mil base in Colchester (not sure what would be worse tbh!). However, i did hear that the persons responsible for publishing the images of the conditions are to be hunted and disciplined.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
However, i did hear that the persons responsible for publishing the images of the conditions are to be hunted and disciplined.

Typical Senior Officer mode - Forget about the issue that caused it to be leaked and concentrate on the leak. The issue isn't an issue if it is kept hidden away.

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I remember the Miners Strike back in the dim and distant 1980's. Talking to some Mod Plods who were drafted in. They were sleeping in a Bellman Hangar and being paid handsomely for doing so.

Don't recall any complaints from them.

GD on Wheels

Sergeant
In the good old days many a copper were ex army. So they were used to living in crap conditions. A different breed nowadays.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
In the good old days many a copper were ex army. So they were used to living in crap conditions. A different breed nowadays.

For operations or in an emergency then yep bedding down in a gym is acceptable, for normal planned activities, people shouldn’t have to put up with this, police or forces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Imagining having to give up you days off holidays to go and guard an orange man/child while he plays golf with his millionaire buddies.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
If Trump's visit to Scotland is a Private one, why is he not funding the cost of policing?

If Trump's visit to Scotland is a Private one, why is he not funding the cost of policing?
Our Coppers are there to protect the demonstrators from him (US Secret Service) as I am sure if one of them gets too close to him, that they would pop a cap in their arse. To quote our colonial cousins.

penfold93

Staff member
Subscriber
I wonder how much overtime they got paid to spend a couple of nights 'living like refugees' I cannot remember getting loads of extra dosh for doing the Royal Tournament for a month or so and I am pretty sure all those that supported the floods never got overtime!

terence

Corporal
I wonder how much overtime they got paid to spend a couple of nights 'living like refugees' I cannot remember getting loads of extra dosh for doing the Royal Tournament for a month or so and I am pretty sure all those that supported the floods never got overtime!

my memories of playing in the Royal Tournament in 1966 were the salad cream and pea sandwiches supplied by the army,,,,....yuk

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

If it's the same as back in the miners strike they will have a tax-free, un-receipted "rates" allowance of a Superintendent (as that was the highest rank present). They will also be paid from the time they wake up to the time they get their heads down regardless of breaks, meal-times etc...

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
my memories of playing in the Royal Tournament in 1966 were the salad cream and pea sandwiches supplied by the army,,,,....yuk

50p a day in 1983, triple bunk beds and sleeping bags in a dusty upstairs loft under the seating and utterly awful food.